my friend and I are going to Thailand for a couple of weeks in January. We are going first to Chiang Mai for a few days, and then we want to visit the south for the rest of our trip. The plan is to to go to Railey - Krabi, and then spend 3 nights in Phi Phi and 2 nights in Phuket. However, we are concerned that Phuket will be a tourist trap, too built-up, very crowded and with a crazy nightlife (not that we don't want to go out at night but a half way/not too crazy scene suits us better). However, I know that most tours along the coast depart from there and we are tempted to do a sail tour of the Phang nga bay.
Also, if we end up going to Phuket, where would you suggest staying at? We are looking for rather authentic places not 5 star luxury hotel chains, perhaps with thai decor, clean and with a friendly staff, not too expensive.
In other words should we skip Phuket, or, if it's worth going, where should we stay?
Thank you all.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 International Airlines Pilot By Shekhar Gupta N Niriha Khajanchi
- 2 http://www.healthoptimumfact.com/flawless-youth-skin-care/
- 3 Strengthen the daily maintenance of wood floors
- 4 content of good faith floor
- 5 Passport
- 6 connotation. Neoclassic
- 7 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 8 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 9 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 10 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 11 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 12 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 13 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 14 Hotels in Puri
- 15 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 16 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 17 Amakusa island help
- 18 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 19 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 20 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 21 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 22 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 23 Japan Itinerary
- 24 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 25 Toddler twin travel in India