my friend and I are going to Thailand for a couple of weeks in January. We are going first to Chiang Mai for a few days, and then we want to visit the south for the rest of our trip. The plan is to to go to Railey - Krabi, and then spend 3 nights in Phi Phi and 2 nights in Phuket. However, we are concerned that Phuket will be a tourist trap, too built-up, very crowded and with a crazy nightlife (not that we don't want to go out at night but a half way/not too crazy scene suits us better). However, I know that most tours along the coast depart from there and we are tempted to do a sail tour of the Phang nga bay.
Also, if we end up going to Phuket, where would you suggest staying at? We are looking for rather authentic places not 5 star luxury hotel chains, perhaps with thai decor, clean and with a friendly staff, not too expensive.
In other words should we skip Phuket, or, if it's worth going, where should we stay?
Thank you all.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A level Alpha X Boost looking, rosy rash is the thing that a Candida
- 2 http://www.essentialdetoxsweden.com/retinolla-med-revoluxe/
- 3 Vietnam introduces E-Visas for 40 countries
- 4 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 5 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 6 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 7 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Beijing tours
- 10 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 13 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 14 Takayama trail, Japan
- 15 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 16 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 17 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 18 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 19 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 20 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 21 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 22 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 23 Visa for India
- 24 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 25 Hútòng Walking