my friend and I are going to Thailand for a couple of weeks in January. We are going first to Chiang Mai for a few days, and then we want to visit the south for the rest of our trip. The plan is to to go to Railey - Krabi, and then spend 3 nights in Phi Phi and 2 nights in Phuket. However, we are concerned that Phuket will be a tourist trap, too built-up, very crowded and with a crazy nightlife (not that we don't want to go out at night but a half way/not too crazy scene suits us better). However, I know that most tours along the coast depart from there and we are tempted to do a sail tour of the Phang nga bay.
Also, if we end up going to Phuket, where would you suggest staying at? We are looking for rather authentic places not 5 star luxury hotel chains, perhaps with thai decor, clean and with a friendly staff, not too expensive.
In other words should we skip Phuket, or, if it's worth going, where should we stay?
Thank you all.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BROTHER Installation CONTACT☎ 1:800:570:1233 Tec*h Supp0rt care
- 2 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 3 India help needed
- 4 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 5 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 6 Trekking outside Sapa
- 7 Place to stay Hue
- 8 Hotel in Hanoi
- 9 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 10 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 11 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 12 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 13 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 14 Go to Pai or not?
- 15 Ko Kraden hotels
- 16 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 17 Hoi Ann hotel
- 18 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 19 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 20 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 21 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 22 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 23 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 24 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 25 Thai Silk in Bangkok