my friend and I are going to Thailand for a couple of weeks in January. We are going first to Chiang Mai for a few days, and then we want to visit the south for the rest of our trip. The plan is to to go to Railey - Krabi, and then spend 3 nights in Phi Phi and 2 nights in Phuket. However, we are concerned that Phuket will be a tourist trap, too built-up, very crowded and with a crazy nightlife (not that we don't want to go out at night but a half way/not too crazy scene suits us better). However, I know that most tours along the coast depart from there and we are tempted to do a sail tour of the Phang nga bay.
Also, if we end up going to Phuket, where would you suggest staying at? We are looking for rather authentic places not 5 star luxury hotel chains, perhaps with thai decor, clean and with a friendly staff, not too expensive.
In other words should we skip Phuket, or, if it's worth going, where should we stay?
Thank you all.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://healthproductselection.com/testo-max-hd/
- 2 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 3 Child car seat protector
- 4 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 5 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 6 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 7 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 8 Myanmar tour companies
- 9 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 10 Touristy Thailand
- 11 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 12 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 13 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 14 A Victory Day Tour
- 15 3 weeks in Japan
- 16 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?
- 17 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 18 Kinosake Onsen Ryokan
- 19 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 20 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 21 Procuring Letter of Invitation from Kazakhastan for Visa
- 22 Memories: Astana, Expo 2017
- 23 A first time for everything in Japan
- 24 EF tours fired incompetent tour guide
- 25 Outlet Adapter Plugs For Sri Lanka And India