my friend and I are going to Thailand for a couple of weeks in January. We are going first to Chiang Mai for a few days, and then we want to visit the south for the rest of our trip. The plan is to to go to Railey - Krabi, and then spend 3 nights in Phi Phi and 2 nights in Phuket. However, we are concerned that Phuket will be a tourist trap, too built-up, very crowded and with a crazy nightlife (not that we don't want to go out at night but a half way/not too crazy scene suits us better). However, I know that most tours along the coast depart from there and we are tempted to do a sail tour of the Phang nga bay.
Also, if we end up going to Phuket, where would you suggest staying at? We are looking for rather authentic places not 5 star luxury hotel chains, perhaps with thai decor, clean and with a friendly staff, not too expensive.
In other words should we skip Phuket, or, if it's worth going, where should we stay?
Thank you all.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 C@LFORINA : ROKU TEC*H SUPPORT CONTACT 1800:540:6830 DEVICE SETUP
- 2 Tea estates of Munnar
- 3 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 4 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 5 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 6 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 7 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 8 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 9 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 10 Booking on the fly
- 11 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 12 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 13 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 14 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 15 like my food
- 16 Laos or Kerala?
- 17 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 18 Portable wifi rental
- 19 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 20 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Duty-Free on Arrival at Hanoi Noi Bai Airport
- 23 Gluten Free in Armenia?
- 24 Uzbekistan Visa
- 25 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott