my friend and I are going to Thailand for a couple of weeks in January. We are going first to Chiang Mai for a few days, and then we want to visit the south for the rest of our trip. The plan is to to go to Railey - Krabi, and then spend 3 nights in Phi Phi and 2 nights in Phuket. However, we are concerned that Phuket will be a tourist trap, too built-up, very crowded and with a crazy nightlife (not that we don't want to go out at night but a half way/not too crazy scene suits us better). However, I know that most tours along the coast depart from there and we are tempted to do a sail tour of the Phang nga bay.
Also, if we end up going to Phuket, where would you suggest staying at? We are looking for rather authentic places not 5 star luxury hotel chains, perhaps with thai decor, clean and with a friendly staff, not too expensive.
In other words should we skip Phuket, or, if it's worth going, where should we stay?
Thank you all.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Rail Pass
- 2 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 3 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 4 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 5 Japan - costs
- 6 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 7 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 8 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 9 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 10 Best Indian food in Bangkok?
- 11 Sri Lanka May
- 12 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 13 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 14 Bali,Java,Borneo 3 weeks
- 15 Japan rough itinerary
- 16 Laos planning.
- 17 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 18 Japan for Foodies
- 19 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 20 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 21 One night in Osaka
- 22 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 23 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 24 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 25 Singapore weather in August/September