I am in the midst of planning my 2nd SE Asia trip and would really like to start things off (after the obligatory layover in Bangkok) with a bit of beach time. Last time around we really enjoyed our time on the quieter part of Koh Lanta and Gili Trawangan, but not so much the built up holiday maker vibe of Koh Lipe and the lack of snorkelling in Langlawi.
We were initially thinking of going to the Philippines (El Nido/Coron) but after looking into it, it seems like the air travel price/logistics of getting out there and back again through Manilla might not be worth it (we really want to relax after a 17 hour flight from Uk) so decided to maybe give it a miss, as much as I'm sure id enjoy it.
So basically what we're looking for is:
Somewhere that's not TOO difficult to get to from Bangkok.
Really god snorkelling right off the beach (this is a must)
Not too overrun with tourists.
Not too expensive.
Any help or suggestions anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 2 Bali - What to do?
- 3 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 4 Tips in Myanmar
- 5 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 6 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 7 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 8 Road Scholar tour in China
- 9 Being customs
- 10 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 11 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 12 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 13 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 14 myanmar
- 15 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 16 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 17 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 18 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 19 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 20 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 21 A beach of choice on Samui
- 22 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 23 Travel India solo
- 24 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 25 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help