I am in the midst of planning my 2nd SE Asia trip and would really like to start things off (after the obligatory layover in Bangkok) with a bit of beach time. Last time around we really enjoyed our time on the quieter part of Koh Lanta and Gili Trawangan, but not so much the built up holiday maker vibe of Koh Lipe and the lack of snorkelling in Langlawi.
We were initially thinking of going to the Philippines (El Nido/Coron) but after looking into it, it seems like the air travel price/logistics of getting out there and back again through Manilla might not be worth it (we really want to relax after a 17 hour flight from Uk) so decided to maybe give it a miss, as much as I'm sure id enjoy it.
So basically what we're looking for is:
Somewhere that's not TOO difficult to get to from Bangkok.
Really god snorkelling right off the beach (this is a must)
Not too overrun with tourists.
Not too expensive.
Any help or suggestions anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One night in Osaka
- 2 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 3 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 4 Japan for Foodies
- 5 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 6 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 7 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 8 Singapore weather in August/September
- 9 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 10 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 11 First time going abroad
- 12 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 13 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 14 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 15 Backpacking on a budget
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 18 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 19 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 20 electric plug
- 21 Day trips from Sapporo
- 22 Etiquette in Japan
- 23 Northern Thailand Options
- 24 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 25 Bhutan travel operator and number of days