I am in the midst of planning my 2nd SE Asia trip and would really like to start things off (after the obligatory layover in Bangkok) with a bit of beach time. Last time around we really enjoyed our time on the quieter part of Koh Lanta and Gili Trawangan, but not so much the built up holiday maker vibe of Koh Lipe and the lack of snorkelling in Langlawi.
We were initially thinking of going to the Philippines (El Nido/Coron) but after looking into it, it seems like the air travel price/logistics of getting out there and back again through Manilla might not be worth it (we really want to relax after a 17 hour flight from Uk) so decided to maybe give it a miss, as much as I'm sure id enjoy it.
So basically what we're looking for is:
Somewhere that's not TOO difficult to get to from Bangkok.
Really god snorkelling right off the beach (this is a must)
Not too overrun with tourists.
Not too expensive.
Any help or suggestions anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US : HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 Fill: Tec*h SUPP0RT AOL CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 AOL 24*7
- 3 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 4 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 5 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 6 2 weeks in Tokyo - Itinerary review please?
- 7 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 8 Phnom Penh during Bon Om Touk?
- 9 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 12 sri lanka- tips required
- 13 base bangkok or manilla
- 14 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 15 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 16 Idiotic time zone question
- 17 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 18 Mount Koya
- 19 Sometahing is wrong
- 20 Twin rooms in Japan
- 21 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 22 Change my Itinerary?
- 23 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 24 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 25 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice