I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 days in Lahore, need some suggestions
- 2 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 3 "Naga New Year Festival 2015"
- 4 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 5 Explorer the wildlife of Jim Corbett National Park
- 6 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 7 Indian visa
- 8 One week in Thailand
- 9 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 10 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 11 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 12 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 13 Trip to Mt. Merapi and Prambanan Temple, Indonesia
- 14 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 15 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 16 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 17 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 18 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 19 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 20 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 21 First trip to China ! Need help with itinerary
- 22 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 23 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 24 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 25 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?