I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 2 N. India itinerary feedback
- 3 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 4 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 5 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 6 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 7 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 8 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Bangkok - State Railways of Thailand - All the Excursions
- 11 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 12 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 13 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 14 Travel during China national week?
- 15 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 16 Bali or Fiji
- 17 flight details from Chicago area to BKK
- 18 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 19 Don't use World Expeditions
- 20 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 21 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 22 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 23 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 24 3 days in Teheran
- 25 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days