I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 2 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 3 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 4 Photos from India!
- 5 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 6 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 7 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 8 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 9 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 10 How to handle cash in Japan
- 11 Great Wall hike
- 12 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 13 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 14 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 15 Six days in Hong Kong
- 16 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 17 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 18 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 19 Storing photos while traveling
- 20 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 21 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 22 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 23 BANGKOK HOTELS
- 24 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 25 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip