I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 2 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 3 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 4 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 5 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 6 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 7 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 8 1st time Japan - solo female
- 9 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 10 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 13 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 14 Odyssey unlimited
- 15 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 16 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 17 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 18 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 19 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 20 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 21 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 22 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 23 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 24 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 25 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?