I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 China with Collette Tours
- 2 Exploring Thailand
- 3 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 4 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 5 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 6 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 7 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company
- 8 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 9 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 10 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 11 Buying cycling clothes in Bangkok
- 12 Ho Chi Minh Mekong delta, pnom penh
- 13 Back from Kyoto, Koyasan, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kyushu. Questions welcome!
- 14 K.L. Ideas on Hotel so on.
- 15 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 16 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 17 How would you organize this itinerary?
- 18 Experience using River Mekong or SST travel agencies?
- 19 Japan in December
- 20 Places to visit in India in October
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 22 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 23 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary
- 24 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 25 My trip report from the Philippines