I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 2 Currency in South Korea
- 3 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 4 India - 2 Days only
- 5 5 nights - New delhi, Agra, Jaipur - How to plan
- 6 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 7 Best way to Shimla from Delhi ?
- 8 Driver in South India
- 9 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 10 Places to visit in India in October
- 11 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 12 Kyushu rail pass
- 13 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 14 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 15 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 16 Cambodge / Laos / Vietnam arts
- 17 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 18 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 19 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 20 6 full days in Yagoon
- 21 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 22 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 23 Amphawa Floating Market
- 24 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 25 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan