I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 2 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 3 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 4 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 5 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 6 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 7 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 8 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 9 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 10 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?
- 11 India and Nepal 2014
- 12 July itinerary in Japan
- 13 Where in Bali should we stay
- 14 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 15 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 16 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 17 Vietnam or Brazil
- 18 Getting a "feel" for a country.
- 19 Car rental companies Phuket Airport?
- 20 Itinerary Feedback - Thailand
- 21 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 22 Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, Varanasi, Kolkata-Winter TR!
- 23 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 24 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 25 Any info about Zomato?