I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 NEPAL CONNECTION Non Profit Restaurant
- 2 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 3 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 4 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 5 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 6 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 7 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 8 Hiroshima Day Tour
- 9 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 10 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 11 Has anyone used the home visit system in Hiroshima?
- 12 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 13 Singapore
- 14 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 15 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 16 India at the end of May
- 17 National Parks - which to choose
- 18 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 19 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 20 17 Day Itinerary
- 21 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 22 Asia Tour Companies
- 23 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 24 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 25 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?