I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 2 Kashmir today
- 3 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 4 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 5 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 6 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 7 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 8 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 9 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 10 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 11 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 12 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 13 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 14 Triple Room in Singapore
- 15 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 16 What I like about Mumbai
- 17 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 18 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 19 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 20 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 21 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 22 6 full days in Yagoon
- 23 Where to Play Basketball in Tokyo
- 24 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 25 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary