I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
- 1 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 2 Food in Uzbekistan
- 3 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 4 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 5 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 6 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 7 Train Fares in Japan
- 8 First trip to China - Itinerary advice please!
- 9 Firefly airlines - reliable and safe?
- 10 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 11 Udaipur, India
- 12 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 13 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 14 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 15 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 16 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 17 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 18 independent travel in India
- 19 Four Seasons Golden Triangle
- 20 Trip Report - 5 1/2 days in Luang Prabang
- 21 Difficulty contacting Thai Elephant Conservation Center
- 22 Narita Limousine Bus vs train
- 23 Booking hotels in China in advance- is it necessary?
- 24 Singapore Things to do when a lone traveller
- 25 Malaysian Island for 5 nights