I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal
- 2 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 3 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 4 two free days in Beijing
- 5 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 6 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 7 April in Bangkok, again!
- 8 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 9 Japan - spending money?
- 10 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 11 China in 12 Days
- 12 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 13 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 14 1st Trip to Bali
- 15 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 16 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 17 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 18 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 19 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 20 water villages, shanghai
- 21 language problem in japan
- 22 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 23 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 24 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 25 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help