I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Two questions about Thailand
- 2 50+ travelling solo in Vietnam - where to stay in Hanoi
- 3 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary
- 4 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 5 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 6 china
- 7 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 8 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 9 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 10 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 11 Mid Dec trip - Trying to plan alone **Feedback please****
- 12 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 13 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 14 New airport in Mumbai
- 15 Advice me to select saving plans in terms of free roaming
- 16 South East Asia
- 17 Driving in Laos
- 18 One week in Tokyo
- 19 Agent to book domestic Nepal flights
- 20 Ideal itereneray for Nepal
- 21 Where to next after watching Nanjing 2014 YOG
- 22 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 23 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 24 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 25 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions