I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Malaysia travel route help!
- 2 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 3 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 4 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 5 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 6 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 7 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 8 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 9 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 10 best dining in Kyoto
- 11 Haridwar or Rishikesh?
- 12 Tokyo Sumo and Baseball
- 13 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 14 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 15 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 16 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 17 2-3 days in Georgia
- 18 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 19 Need advice on where to stay in Kyoto - Machiya vs Hotel?
- 20 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 21 Travel Insurance
- 22 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 23 July 2008 in India: a slightly odd trip report
- 24 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 25 6.5 days in Java and Bali