I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 2 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 3 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 4 buying a van in Mongolia
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 7 Japan, japan
- 8 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 9 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 10 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 11 Hong Kong restaurants
- 12 Problems at 12,000'
- 13 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 14 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 15 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 16 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 17 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 18 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 19 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 20 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 21 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 22 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 23 How safe is Delhi/India
- 24 Malaria
- 25 Vietnam and coffee