I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 2 Singapore
- 3 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 4 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 5 India at the end of May
- 6 National Parks - which to choose
- 7 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 8 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 9 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 10 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 11 17 Day Itinerary
- 12 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 13 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 14 Asia Tour Companies
- 15 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 16 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 17 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 18 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 19 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 20 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 21 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 22 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 23 singapore accomodation?
- 24 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 25 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????