I am going to Beijing tomorrow for a week. My husband is there already on business. While he can spend most evenings with me, I will be on my own during the days. We will be staying very close to the Forbidden City, etc. I just don't know whether I would be better off taking organized tours from the hotel or if I should be attempting to see the sites on my own. I'm in my 50's and enjoy walking but never having been to Asia, I'm worried that I'll get lost or in some sort of trouble if I am wandering around on my own. Any thoughts?
Alone in Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 2 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 3 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 4 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 5 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 6 Phuket
- 7 Destination Bangkok, again
- 8 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 9 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 10 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 11 Phones in Asia
- 12 Japan in December
- 13 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 14 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 15 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 16 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 17 India Add-on
- 18 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 19 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 20 Travel during China national week?
- 21 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 22 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 23 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 24 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 25 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii