I am visiting Almaty in October 2014 doing 2 weeks voluntary work plus 1 week street / documentary photography, and I would love to meet up with a locals or a few expats with decent local knowledge of the city for coffee & a chat or a tour around some time. I'm a pretty experienced traveller, but the nearest I've been to Almaty is Turkmenistan, so it would be really helpful to listen to your own insights and suggestions.
And if you like photography, I'd be more than happy to trade a lesson or two for your time and advice!
Thanks for your interest.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 2 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 3 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 4 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 5 Where to Layover
- 6 9 days in Bali
- 7 4.5 days in Singapore
- 8 Layover in Hong Kong
- 9 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 10 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 11 Blooming chart in Japan
- 12 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 13 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 14 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 15 Italy from an Asian base
- 16 Bus service in Nepal
- 17 Travel to India in May?
- 18 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 19 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 20 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 21 Advice for a newbie!
- 22 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 23 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 24 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 25 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience