I am visiting Almaty in October 2014 doing 2 weeks voluntary work plus 1 week street / documentary photography, and I would love to meet up with a locals or a few expats with decent local knowledge of the city for coffee & a chat or a tour around some time. I'm a pretty experienced traveller, but the nearest I've been to Almaty is Turkmenistan, so it would be really helpful to listen to your own insights and suggestions.
And if you like photography, I'd be more than happy to trade a lesson or two for your time and advice!
Thanks for your interest.
Almaty in October
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 2 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 3 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 4 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 5 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 6 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 7 Destination Bangkok, again
- 8 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 9 Travel during China national week?
- 10 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 11 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 12 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 13 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 14 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 15 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 16 Angkor - when to go?
- 17 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 18 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 19 India with 4 kids
- 20 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 21 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 22 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 23 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 24 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 25 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport