I am visiting Almaty in October 2014 doing 2 weeks voluntary work plus 1 week street / documentary photography, and I would love to meet up with a locals or a few expats with decent local knowledge of the city for coffee & a chat or a tour around some time. I'm a pretty experienced traveller, but the nearest I've been to Almaty is Turkmenistan, so it would be really helpful to listen to your own insights and suggestions.
And if you like photography, I'd be more than happy to trade a lesson or two for your time and advice!
Thanks for your interest.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Gutted!
- 2 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 3 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 4 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 5 5 weeks in Japan
- 6 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 7 My visit to Lao
- 8 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 9 My visit to Thailand
- 10 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 11 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 12 Family Trip to Japan
- 13 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 14 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 15 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 16 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 17 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 18 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 19 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 20 New Member
- 21 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 22 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 23 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 24 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 25 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam