I am visiting Almaty in October 2014 doing 2 weeks voluntary work plus 1 week street / documentary photography, and I would love to meet up with a locals or a few expats with decent local knowledge of the city for coffee & a chat or a tour around some time. I'm a pretty experienced traveller, but the nearest I've been to Almaty is Turkmenistan, so it would be really helpful to listen to your own insights and suggestions.
And if you like photography, I'd be more than happy to trade a lesson or two for your time and advice!
Thanks for your interest.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 2 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 3 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 4 Is this crazy?
- 5 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 6 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 7 Taxis in Yangon
- 8 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 9 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 10 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 11 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 12 Shanghai Tailor?
- 13 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 14 Best of Koh Tao
- 15 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part One
- 16 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 17 India help with where to go
- 18 Studying yoga in India
- 19 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part Two (more difficult)
- 20 Chiyoda or Shitaya area stay?
- 21 Visit Mandalay or not?
- 22 Fabric shops in India
- 23 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 24 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 25 What to leave out of itinerary (and adjunct questions)?