We are going to Bali in June 2013 and are wanting to spend 4 or 5 couple of nights in Ubud. I've read the various forum discussions on Ubud but can't find what I'm looking for. To set the picture, we will be spending 5 nights at Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa which, while Balinese in achitecture, the rooms have a very first world look to them. When in Ubud, I would love to stay somewhere that does not just have an authentic Balinese look to it but has a true Balinese feel in every sense. Having scoured the internet, the place that appeals to me the most is Alam Indah (15 minutes walk from Ubud through the Monkey Forest). I'd love to hear from anyone who has been there. Did you feel like you'd escaped the rat race? How were the staff? Were the rooms authentic (yet clean)? Was it easy to arrange drivers to do sight seeing - did the staff help with this? Looking at their website, it looks so serene and peaceful. Any info anyone can offer would be wonderful.
Alam Indah, Ubud, Bali
- 1 Ipoh
- 2 Hello, Vietnam
- 3 Singapore Changi Recommends
- 4 1 week in Himachalpradesh in begining of September. Where to go?
- 5 PALACE ON WHEELS - INDIA
- 6 Kashmir or Nepal
- 7 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 8 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 9 Treasure Junk Halong/Bai Tu Long bay crusie?
- 10 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 11 Sri Lanka
- 12 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 13 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 14 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 15 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 16 Udaipur, India
- 17 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 18 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 19 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 20 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 21 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 22 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 23 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 24 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 25 Wildlife Tour of India