We, a family group of 9 including 5 adults and older teens will be traveling to India in early to mid-July. I have travelled to India in the past, never in July but I know that it will be hot and raining. However, a few of the family have never been there, can only go in July ,and have said this will be the only time they ever go.
The question : Before going to Delhi and the Taj, we will be spending a 2-3 days in Bombay and 4-5 days in Pune. Is it worth it at that time of year to try to and work Ajanta and Ellora into the trip? Will it be so hot and wet and difficult to get to that it won't be fun?
A;ternatively, we could take a few day trips from Pune. (Totally ignoring Pune is not an option because we need to visit someone there)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 2 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 3 Sim cards and adaptors
- 4 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 5 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 6 Hotel in Hanoi
- 7 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 8 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 9 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 10 India help needed
- 11 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 12 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 13 Trekking outside Sapa
- 14 Place to stay Hue
- 15 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 16 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 17 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 18 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 19 Go to Pai or not?
- 20 Ko Kraden hotels
- 21 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 22 Hoi Ann hotel
- 23 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 24 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 25 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods