We, a family group of 9 including 5 adults and older teens will be traveling to India in early to mid-July. I have travelled to India in the past, never in July but I know that it will be hot and raining. However, a few of the family have never been there, can only go in July ,and have said this will be the only time they ever go.
The question : Before going to Delhi and the Taj, we will be spending a 2-3 days in Bombay and 4-5 days in Pune. Is it worth it at that time of year to try to and work Ajanta and Ellora into the trip? Will it be so hot and wet and difficult to get to that it won't be fun?
A;ternatively, we could take a few day trips from Pune. (Totally ignoring Pune is not an option because we need to visit someone there)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Do you want to know, what is Garcinia cambogia?
- 2 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 3 Is it Lao or Laos
- 4 best singapore hotel
- 5 Dong Van - Ha Giang
- 6 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 7 Help - India take 2
- 8 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 9 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 10 is this a good travel plan?
- 11 CNX late arrival?
- 12 currency conversion
- 13 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 14 50th Anniversary trip
- 15 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 16 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 17 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 18 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 19 The truth about elephant tourism
- 20 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 21 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 22 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 23 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 24 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 25 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary