Hi all--we are planning to go to Japan this coming winter 12/21-1/3. We were getting quite excited until we saw the airfare...RT nonstop from SFO to NRT is going for over $1800 pp. If we are willing to make a stop in LAX, it is now going for around $1500 pp. Last Dec my son and I made a last minute trip to Osaka and it was about $1800 pp but I was not surprised since it was a last minute trip. I thought it would be lower if we purchase early but apparently it is not the case. Is this pretty much the price range for going to Japan in December? I am sure we will bite the bullet and pay since we really want to go, but ouch! What did you pay when you went in December in the past? I want to book directly with the airline to earn miles and prefer not to use those third party sites. Please share your insights and experience. Thank you!
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 2 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 3 Magical India
- 4 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 5 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 6 South East Asia
- 7 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 8 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 9 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram
- 10 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 11 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 12 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 13 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 14 Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out
- 15 Indian Visa
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 18 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 19 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 20 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 21 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 22 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 23 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 24 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 25 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"