Would appreciate some advice regarding our itinerary for travel in Japan for 13 nights at beginning of Nov 2016. We're in our mid 50s.
Itinerary is as follows:
Day 1-3 nites in Tokyo (use national local pass)
Day 4 Travel to Nagano area 1 nite (activate JR Pass)
Day 5 Nagano to Hakone 1 nite
Day 6 Hakone to Nagoya or straight to Takayama 1 nite
Day 7 Takayama to Kyoto overnite
Day 8 Kyoto overnite
Day 9 Kyoto to Hiroshima overnite, visit Miyajima
Day 10 Hiroshima to Nara overnite?
Day 11 Nara (use national local pass)
Day 12 Nara to Osaka
Day 13 Osaka
Day 14 Depart Osaka
Hubby has been to Japan many yrs b4 (mainly Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka n Nara). We visited Nagasaki while on an asian cruise a few yrs ago.
Any ideas/thoughts or recommended changes to above itinerary would be highly appreciated. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 2 Japan itinerary advice
- 3 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 4 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 5 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 6 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 7 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 8 Other than Kyoto?
- 9 Trip Report : China
- 10 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 11 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 12 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 13 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 14 Japan GTG, early April
- 15 Beijing tours
- 16 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 17 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 18 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 19 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 22 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 23 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 24 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 25 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama