Would appreciate some advice regarding our itinerary for travel in Japan for 13 nights at beginning of Nov 2016. We're in our mid 50s.
Itinerary is as follows:
Day 1-3 nites in Tokyo (use national local pass)
Day 4 Travel to Nagano area 1 nite (activate JR Pass)
Day 5 Nagano to Hakone 1 nite
Day 6 Hakone to Nagoya or straight to Takayama 1 nite
Day 7 Takayama to Kyoto overnite
Day 8 Kyoto overnite
Day 9 Kyoto to Hiroshima overnite, visit Miyajima
Day 10 Hiroshima to Nara overnite?
Day 11 Nara (use national local pass)
Day 12 Nara to Osaka
Day 13 Osaka
Day 14 Depart Osaka
Hubby has been to Japan many yrs b4 (mainly Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka n Nara). We visited Nagasaki while on an asian cruise a few yrs ago.
Any ideas/thoughts or recommended changes to above itinerary would be highly appreciated. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 2 currency conversion
- 3 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 4 One day in Saigon
- 5 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 6 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 7 Bali private driver recommendation
- 8 North India Itinerary advice
- 9 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 10 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 11 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 12 The Indian money crunch.
- 13 The truth about elephant tourism
- 14 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 15 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 16 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 17 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 18 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 19 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 20 Kerala trip
- 21 E Visa for India?
- 22 1-2 months South East Asia
- 23 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 24 Help - India.
- 25 Nice article on Macau in the NYT