Sorry for this generic question.
I will do a trip to Southeast Asia with a stopover in Dubai. It's a multi-cities tour. I have already planned the route, booked flights & accommodation and do some research with guidebooks and on internet.
--Hong Kong (6 nights on the 3rd week of September)
--Kuala Lumpur (3 nights on the 3rd-4th week of September)
--Angkor (3 nights on the 4th week of September)
--Singapore (5 night on the 1st week of October)
--Dubai (2 nights on the 1st-2nd week of October)
I ask for advice about some aspects I have found mixed (sometimes contradictory) information. Especially, it's advice about what to pack.
1.- Weather. All stops are hot and wet places (Dubai only hot). But it will be very rainy? I'm not sure if there is risk of typhoons in HKG or monsoon in KL and SIN
2.- Etiquette. Related to point 1, where is / is not appropriate wear shorts? I have read that in KL people wearing shorts looks strange. And in Angkor are not recommended because it's a sacred place. Is this true? What about SIN and HKG? And short-sleeve t-shirts?
3.- Health risks. I'm a magnet for mosquitoes. I have seen that there is dengue risk in SIN. And malaria could be present in Angkor. I will be travelling by plane and staying in mid-range city hotels (3-4 stars). In principle, as it's my first visit to all these places, my sightseeing routes will be on the beaten track. What I should take care of? I'm afraid of wearing long-sleeve t-shirts and sweating a lot.
4.- Shopping. Beyond local crafts and other possible souvenirs, I plan to buy a new point-and-shoot camera. I'm travelling from the Eurozone. I have read that SIN could be cheaper than KL for electronics. But some products, as the Apple's ones, have similar prices in HKG as in USA (that is, cheaper than in Europe). So, is it cheaper HKG than SIN? What about Dubai? (Also, in past trips to the USA, I bought Levis 501 jeans. Is it possible to find them at similar prices in SE Asia or they will be as expensive as in Europe? I prefer 'true' Levis...)
Thanks in advance for any comment or advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help 1-800-540-6830 YAHOO account Technical Support PhoneNumber
- 2 Get geeks YAHOO TECH SUPPORT 1800-540-6830 INSTANT SUPPORT
- 3 Toll free help 1-800-540-6830 YAHOO account Technical Support PhoneNumber
- 4 Toll free help 1-800-540-6830 YAHOO account Technical Support PhoneNumber
- 5 Toll free help 1-800-540-6830 YAHOO account Technical Support PhoneNumber
- 6 Toll free help 1-800-540-6830 YAHOO account Technical Support PhoneNumber
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 11 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 12 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 13 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 14 Japan rough itinerary
- 15 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 16 Bye bye SE Asia
- 17 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 18 One night in Osaka
- 19 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 20 Laos planning.
- 21 Impressions of India
- 22 Japan - costs
- 23 Japan for Foodies
- 24 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 25 3 week SE Asia itinerary
Advice on..: Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, how they compare?