My partner and I are 8 months into a 2 year around the world trip and currently planning our route through central asia and into China.
We should arrive in China at the start of August, entering overland from Kazakstan, we are only over landing, no flying is allowed.
We are trying to study and learn about Permaculture as we make our way around the world, volunteer where projects are of interest to us, love nature and learning about new cultures. Where possible we strive to stay in Eco friendly places, eat organically and seek places where we can escape the monetary system through skill exchange.
Does anyone have any suggestions for places to stay and visit in China that would suite our criteria, know of any good environmental volunteering projects or better still Permaculture projects.
We will spend upto 60 days in china and are undecided on our exit point, but it is most likely to be into SE asia.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and please feel free to take a look at our blog via our profile to get a better feel for what we are seeking/trying to achieve from our travels.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help - India take 2
- 2 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 3 currency conversion
- 4 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 5 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 6 CNX late arrival?
- 7 is this a good travel plan?
- 8 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 9 Phenom Penh
- 10 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 11 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 12 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 13 One day in Saigon
- 14 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 15 Bali private driver recommendation
- 16 North India Itinerary advice
- 17 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 18 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 19 The Indian money crunch.
- 20 The truth about elephant tourism
- 21 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 22 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 23 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 24 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 25 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?