My friend and I are planning a 2-week trip to Korea around Easter and would rely on your collective wisdom on destinations and length of stay in each city. Here goes:
Day 1: Land in Incheon, get to Seoul, recover from jetlag (flying in from Europe)
Day 2: Take KTX to Gyeonju. Stay for three nights.
Day 5: Take bus to Busan. Stay for two nights.
Day 7: Fly to Jeju. Stay for three nights
Day 10: Fly to Seoul. Stay for four nights until departure.
Advice on any aspects of this itinerary is welcome, but I have the following questions:
Are we getting the balance right - 4 days in Seoul, 3 in Gyeonju and Jeju, 2 in Busan? Or should we cut either Gyeonju or Jeju and spend more time in Seoul? We're interested in temples and museums (art + history), as well as nice architecture. Not so much in beaches (I assume it'd be too cold anyway) or nightlife. We'd like to allocate enough time to see the major sights in the cities we'll visit, but won't be rushed and are not the types to cram 4 museums into one day.
Any must-see cities we're missing?
We won't have access to a car, but are thinking of renting a taxi for one or more days in Jeju. Does renting a taxi to get around make sense (i.e. is it necessary) and is it reasonably priced (I read on forums that 8 hours should cost around 100k won, which seems fine if accurate)?
Which one is quicker: bus from Gyeonju to Busan or taking a taxi to Singyeongju and then taking the train?
Any restaurant recommendations also most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan GTG, early April
- 2 Other than Kyoto?
- 3 Japan itinerary advice
- 4 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 5 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 6 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 7 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 8 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 9 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 10 Trip Report : China
- 11 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 12 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 13 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 14 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 15 Beijing tours
- 16 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 17 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 18 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 19 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 22 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 23 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 24 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 25 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama