My friend and I are planning a 2-week trip to Korea around Easter and would rely on your collective wisdom on destinations and length of stay in each city. Here goes:
Day 1: Land in Incheon, get to Seoul, recover from jetlag (flying in from Europe)
Day 2: Take KTX to Gyeonju. Stay for three nights.
Day 5: Take bus to Busan. Stay for two nights.
Day 7: Fly to Jeju. Stay for three nights
Day 10: Fly to Seoul. Stay for four nights until departure.
Advice on any aspects of this itinerary is welcome, but I have the following questions:
Are we getting the balance right - 4 days in Seoul, 3 in Gyeonju and Jeju, 2 in Busan? Or should we cut either Gyeonju or Jeju and spend more time in Seoul? We're interested in temples and museums (art + history), as well as nice architecture. Not so much in beaches (I assume it'd be too cold anyway) or nightlife. We'd like to allocate enough time to see the major sights in the cities we'll visit, but won't be rushed and are not the types to cram 4 museums into one day.
Any must-see cities we're missing?
We won't have access to a car, but are thinking of renting a taxi for one or more days in Jeju. Does renting a taxi to get around make sense (i.e. is it necessary) and is it reasonably priced (I read on forums that 8 hours should cost around 100k won, which seems fine if accurate)?
Which one is quicker: bus from Gyeonju to Busan or taking a taxi to Singyeongju and then taking the train?
Any restaurant recommendations also most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 2 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 3 Hakone Volcano Warning
- 4 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 5 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 6 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 7 New Delhi - What to see?
- 8 JAPANiCAN.com
- 9 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 10 Travel in Kyushu.
- 11 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 12 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 13 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 14 3 weeks itinerary China
- 15 Bicycle riding required?
- 16 Castle & King tour questions
- 17 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 18 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 19 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia
- 20 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 21 trekking in july in Myanmar
- 22 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 23 Private guides in Japan
- 24 Warning! Don't use Sinorama Holidays to book a trip to China
- 25 Japan itinerary thoughts please!