My friend and I are planning a 2-week trip to Korea around Easter and would rely on your collective wisdom on destinations and length of stay in each city. Here goes:
Day 1: Land in Incheon, get to Seoul, recover from jetlag (flying in from Europe)
Day 2: Take KTX to Gyeonju. Stay for three nights.
Day 5: Take bus to Busan. Stay for two nights.
Day 7: Fly to Jeju. Stay for three nights
Day 10: Fly to Seoul. Stay for four nights until departure.
Advice on any aspects of this itinerary is welcome, but I have the following questions:
Are we getting the balance right - 4 days in Seoul, 3 in Gyeonju and Jeju, 2 in Busan? Or should we cut either Gyeonju or Jeju and spend more time in Seoul? We're interested in temples and museums (art + history), as well as nice architecture. Not so much in beaches (I assume it'd be too cold anyway) or nightlife. We'd like to allocate enough time to see the major sights in the cities we'll visit, but won't be rushed and are not the types to cram 4 museums into one day.
Any must-see cities we're missing?
We won't have access to a car, but are thinking of renting a taxi for one or more days in Jeju. Does renting a taxi to get around make sense (i.e. is it necessary) and is it reasonably priced (I read on forums that 8 hours should cost around 100k won, which seems fine if accurate)?
Which one is quicker: bus from Gyeonju to Busan or taking a taxi to Singyeongju and then taking the train?
Any restaurant recommendations also most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 ikkk
- 2 Tips for Chiang Rai (or stop eleswhere ?)
- 3 TXinjiang safety KKH Safety
- 4 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 5 Vaccinations
- 6 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 7 Southern India here we come
- 8 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 9 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 10 Taipei 10 Night Itinerary
- 11 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 12 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 13 Bridge players Beware!!
- 14 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 15 Capsule hotels
- 16 Borneo forest fires
- 17 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 18 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 19 Chengdu and Beijing
- 20 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 21 2 months in Indonesia
- 22 a year in burma
- 23 First time to SEA
- 24 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 25 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary