My friend and I are planning a 2-week trip to Korea around Easter and would rely on your collective wisdom on destinations and length of stay in each city. Here goes:
Day 1: Land in Incheon, get to Seoul, recover from jetlag (flying in from Europe)
Day 2: Take KTX to Gyeonju. Stay for three nights.
Day 5: Take bus to Busan. Stay for two nights.
Day 7: Fly to Jeju. Stay for three nights
Day 10: Fly to Seoul. Stay for four nights until departure.
Advice on any aspects of this itinerary is welcome, but I have the following questions:
Are we getting the balance right - 4 days in Seoul, 3 in Gyeonju and Jeju, 2 in Busan? Or should we cut either Gyeonju or Jeju and spend more time in Seoul? We're interested in temples and museums (art + history), as well as nice architecture. Not so much in beaches (I assume it'd be too cold anyway) or nightlife. We'd like to allocate enough time to see the major sights in the cities we'll visit, but won't be rushed and are not the types to cram 4 museums into one day.
Any must-see cities we're missing?
We won't have access to a car, but are thinking of renting a taxi for one or more days in Jeju. Does renting a taxi to get around make sense (i.e. is it necessary) and is it reasonably priced (I read on forums that 8 hours should cost around 100k won, which seems fine if accurate)?
Which one is quicker: bus from Gyeonju to Busan or taking a taxi to Singyeongju and then taking the train?
Any restaurant recommendations also most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 2 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 3 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 4 Totally unprepared
- 5 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 6 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 7 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 8 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 9 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 10 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 11 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 12 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 13 An island paradise?
- 14 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 15 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 16 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 17 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 18 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 19 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 20 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 21 Rental Car Bali
- 22 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 23 Kintamani Tour
- 24 Some notes about South Korea
- 25 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan