My friend and I are planning a 2-week trip to Korea around Easter and would rely on your collective wisdom on destinations and length of stay in each city. Here goes:
Day 1: Land in Incheon, get to Seoul, recover from jetlag (flying in from Europe)
Day 2: Take KTX to Gyeonju. Stay for three nights.
Day 5: Take bus to Busan. Stay for two nights.
Day 7: Fly to Jeju. Stay for three nights
Day 10: Fly to Seoul. Stay for four nights until departure.
Advice on any aspects of this itinerary is welcome, but I have the following questions:
Are we getting the balance right - 4 days in Seoul, 3 in Gyeonju and Jeju, 2 in Busan? Or should we cut either Gyeonju or Jeju and spend more time in Seoul? We're interested in temples and museums (art + history), as well as nice architecture. Not so much in beaches (I assume it'd be too cold anyway) or nightlife. We'd like to allocate enough time to see the major sights in the cities we'll visit, but won't be rushed and are not the types to cram 4 museums into one day.
Any must-see cities we're missing?
We won't have access to a car, but are thinking of renting a taxi for one or more days in Jeju. Does renting a taxi to get around make sense (i.e. is it necessary) and is it reasonably priced (I read on forums that 8 hours should cost around 100k won, which seems fine if accurate)?
Which one is quicker: bus from Gyeonju to Busan or taking a taxi to Singyeongju and then taking the train?
Any restaurant recommendations also most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Requesting Passport Number
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 5 weeks in Japan
- 4 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 5 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 6 Eating in India
- 7 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 8 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 9 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 10 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 11 Phu Quoc
- 12 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 13 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 14 China and Japan help
- 15 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 16 Help! India Visa question....
- 17 Singapore hotel
- 18 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 19 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 20 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 21 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 22 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 24 Solo female first-timer: Thailand
- 25 Shanghai Pollution in January 2016