Three of us (mid 20s) are planning a week new year holiday in the philipines (fly on 26th evening/27th morning, fly out on 3rd), and would love some suggestions. We are based in Bangkok, so were thinking of flying in and out of Manila just because that seems cheapest. Our areas of interest are:
- Scuba Diving (suggestions welcome on best sites, we are certified)
- Swimming with Whale Sharks (maybe Donsol?)
Open to discussion:
- Hiking, but not rice terraces (overdosed on those to be honest), open to volcanoes
- We did Halong Bay last year, so not sure about El Nido, since it seems quite similar.
- Mixed reviews about Palawan's underground river
Any recommendations on an itinerary, and especially travel logistics?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feb 3- Feb 11, 2017 Itinerary help please
- 2 TOP THINGS TO DO IN BAGAN, MYANMAR
- 3 50th Anniversary trip
- 4 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 5 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 6 SE Asia in December/January
- 7 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 8 My Topic TitleTravel Partner in Karimunjawa Islands
- 9 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 10 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 11 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 12 14 days in Myanmar
- 13 Harbin in mid March
- 14 Changing planes at Dubai
- 15 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 16 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 17 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 18 Indian Food Series
- 19 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 20 "necessities" for India
- 21 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 22 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 23 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 24 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 25 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
Advice on 1 Week in Philipines - Diving, Whale Sharks and More