Three of us (mid 20s) are planning a week new year holiday in the philipines (fly on 26th evening/27th morning, fly out on 3rd), and would love some suggestions. We are based in Bangkok, so were thinking of flying in and out of Manila just because that seems cheapest. Our areas of interest are:
- Scuba Diving (suggestions welcome on best sites, we are certified)
- Swimming with Whale Sharks (maybe Donsol?)
Open to discussion:
- Hiking, but not rice terraces (overdosed on those to be honest), open to volcanoes
- We did Halong Bay last year, so not sure about El Nido, since it seems quite similar.
- Mixed reviews about Palawan's underground river
Any recommendations on an itinerary, and especially travel logistics?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 2 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 3 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 4 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 5 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 6 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 7 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 8 Tokyo hotel help
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 11 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 12 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 13 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 14 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 15 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 16 Private tours in Northern India
- 17 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 18 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 19 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 20 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 21 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 22 Vietnam visa
- 23 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 24 Family Friendly Penang
- 25 Train trip costs help please
Advice on 1 Week in Philipines - Diving, Whale Sharks and More