I am going on a trip to South East Asia in April with my girlfriend, and would like some advice on how best to plan our route - we are completed first timers so apologies as the questions are quite basic!
Our basic plan at the moment is to go Bangkok (14th April) > Cambodia > back to Thailand > Travel down to southern Thailand > Malaysia, ending up in Singapore > Fly back to Bangkok > Flying to Sydney on 27th May.
1. As you can tell, the itinerary is practically non existent at the moment, I would like some advice on how long to spend in each of our desired destinations
2. We have around 6 weeks in to travel around Asia, is there enough time to travel to any other countries in that time (Vietnam, Laos maybe?)
There are plenty of other questions I have to ask, but I don't want to create an endless list to start this thread!
Any advice/help that anyone can give me is greatly appreciated
Advice needed: Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 2 Problems at 12,000'
- 3 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 4 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 7 Which Putu in Bali????
- 8 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 9 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 10 Japan, japan
- 11 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 12 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 13 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 14 Hong Kong restaurants
- 15 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 16 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 17 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 18 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 19 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 20 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 21 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 22 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 23 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 24 How safe is Delhi/India
- 25 Malaria