I have an unusual question on which I could use some guidance. First, some backstory:
The first time we went to Japan in 2014 we took an overnight flight. I don't sleep on planes, and landing at 5am meant that, by the time we went to bed our first night, we had been awake for 36 hours. The result was such a bad migraine that night that I had to have a doctor make a house-call at the hotel in the middle of the night. Not very fun. Fortunately, he had some amazing drugs (now available in the U.S) that allowed me to salvage the trip, but I really don't want to go through that again.
The second trip to Japan we flew during the day, landing at 4:30pm, so that by the time we got to the city and ate, we got to bed for a full nights sleep. What an amazing difference this made.
Fast-forward to today.
We just booked a flight from LAX to Bangkok via Seoul, which arrives at 5:30pm, and then connects to BKK, arriving at 10:10pm. In theory, we could then go directly to the hotel and to sleep, but this creates a similar situation to my first trip, with being awake a very long time (not quite as bad as before, but close). My thought was to perhaps spend the night in transit at a hotel near the airport in Seoul, get a real nights sleep, and then take a flight at 9:30am the next day from ICN to BKK, arriving about 1:30pm.
My question, for those of you with experience at ICN, is how difficult/time consuming will it be to get our luggage and go through customs in Seoul, only to have to do it all again the next morning? Based on your experiences there, is it reasonable to think we could be at the hotel by 8:30pm and then leave it again the next morning at 6:30am for our next flight at 9:30am?
Your opinions are greatly appreciated! Then I can worry about more fun questions, like our itinerary once we get there. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RICOH PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT RICOH Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Buying jewelry in India
- 3 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 4 travel in Vietnam for for Hong Kong citizens
- 5 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 6 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 7 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 8 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 9 Hotel in Hanoi
- 10 Trekking outside Sapa
- 11 Hoi Ann hotel
- 12 Place to stay Hue
- 13 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 14 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 15 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 16 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 17 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 18 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 19 Go to Pai or not?
- 20 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 21 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 22 Thai Island Itinerary
- 23 Thailand
- 24 Aomori to Hirosaki
- 25 Asian Pillows