I have an unusual question on which I could use some guidance. First, some backstory:
The first time we went to Japan in 2014 we took an overnight flight. I don't sleep on planes, and landing at 5am meant that, by the time we went to bed our first night, we had been awake for 36 hours. The result was such a bad migraine that night that I had to have a doctor make a house-call at the hotel in the middle of the night. Not very fun. Fortunately, he had some amazing drugs (now available in the U.S) that allowed me to salvage the trip, but I really don't want to go through that again.
The second trip to Japan we flew during the day, landing at 4:30pm, so that by the time we got to the city and ate, we got to bed for a full nights sleep. What an amazing difference this made.
Fast-forward to today.
We just booked a flight from LAX to Bangkok via Seoul, which arrives at 5:30pm, and then connects to BKK, arriving at 10:10pm. In theory, we could then go directly to the hotel and to sleep, but this creates a similar situation to my first trip, with being awake a very long time (not quite as bad as before, but close). My thought was to perhaps spend the night in transit at a hotel near the airport in Seoul, get a real nights sleep, and then take a flight at 9:30am the next day from ICN to BKK, arriving about 1:30pm.
My question, for those of you with experience at ICN, is how difficult/time consuming will it be to get our luggage and go through customs in Seoul, only to have to do it all again the next morning? Based on your experiences there, is it reasonable to think we could be at the hotel by 8:30pm and then leave it again the next morning at 6:30am for our next flight at 9:30am?
Your opinions are greatly appreciated! Then I can worry about more fun questions, like our itinerary once we get there. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bye bye SE Asia
- 2 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 3 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 4 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 5 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 6 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 7 India Tour Companies
- 8 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 9 Laos planning.
- 10 Japan rough itinerary
- 11 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 12 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 13 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 14 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 15 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 16 One night in Osaka
- 17 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 18 Japan - costs
- 19 Japan for Foodies
- 20 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 21 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 22 Japan Rail Pass
- 23 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 24 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 25 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018