I would greatly appreciate any advice that can be offered for my forthcoming trip to China in July/August.
I will be travelling with three adults and four children between the ages of 8 and 12. Due to travelling with children, we had thought of booking a private tour, however, the cost that came back from the tour agent was significantly higher than we had ancipated. They had also included what seems like every single tour in Beijing. I was also able to find a much lower rate on the Internet for the same hotel they suggested.
We have therefore decided to do away with the services of the tour guide/travel agent and shall be embarking on the trip ourselves. I wanted opinions on whether this is mad or not. My husband has been to Shanghai about 6 times on business so does have some knowledge of China, though he does not speak Mandorin.
I also wanted advice on the following itininary, this is what we have put together as what we would like to see. Can someone tell me if it would work logistically, as the tour guide was not sure about the Yichang to Guilin sector.
Beijing 3 days ( the tour guide suggested an Acrobatic show at Chaoyang theatre, Peking duck dinner at Dadong restaurant, Forbidden city and Tian'anmen Sq. Drum tower show and visit local family. Houlai lake, Mutianyu Great Wall, Olympic village, tea ceremony, Kung Fu show Temple of Heaven.
Xian 1.5 days
From Xian we would go to Chongqing to board for the Yangze cruise to Yichang.
From Yichang we would then like to go to Guilin and from there to Shanghai for two days.
Any advice also, about travelling in China with kids would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://menhealthreviews.org/alpha-boost-reviews/
- 2 Tips to Increase Your Height!
- 3 Why Do Our Bones Get Weak?
- 4 Add 3 Inches of Height Naturally
- 5 http://advancedtrimsite.com/alpha-performance-enhancer/
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 7 http://www.prohealthguides.com/miracle-bust/
- 8 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 9 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 10 Send Rakhi gifts to Your Loved One..!!
- 11 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 12 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 13 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 14 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 15 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 16 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 17 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 18 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 19 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 20 Totally unprepared
- 21 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 22 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 23 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 24 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 25 Nai Thon beach Thailand