We are just over a month from our maiden voyage to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Knowing how hot it will be, we wonder about clothing and the cool vs appropriate issues.
Is it generally acceptable for a western woman to wear sleeveless or tank tops and dresses? Is it ok in or near temples? Will sandals (one pair slightly nice the other ugly and comfortable) be enough for the trip-- or will i need something with closed toes for the temples or for safety? Can one's legs (just below knee) be exposed in temples or must i wear long pants? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated. thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 2 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 3 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 4 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 5 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 6 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 7 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 8 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 9 A great trip in India
- 10 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 11 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 12 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 13 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 14 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 15 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 16 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 17 Sulawesi
- 18 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 19 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 20 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 21 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 22 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 23 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 24 Bali in March for 5 nights?
- 25 Varanasi : Advice needed on how best to see the evening Aarti
Acceptable Clothing for Thailand & Cambodia Temples and Streets