We are just over a month from our maiden voyage to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Knowing how hot it will be, we wonder about clothing and the cool vs appropriate issues.
Is it generally acceptable for a western woman to wear sleeveless or tank tops and dresses? Is it ok in or near temples? Will sandals (one pair slightly nice the other ugly and comfortable) be enough for the trip-- or will i need something with closed toes for the temples or for safety? Can one's legs (just below knee) be exposed in temples or must i wear long pants? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated. thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 2 Vietnam - September 2015
- 3 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 4 Everest Base Camp Trekking
- 5 Japan Itinerary Help
- 6 Your "must try" Japanese food experiences.
- 7 Rain, hail (softened by sakura) couldn't stop us from loving Japan!
- 8 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 9 Where to stay in Koyasan?
- 10 which street food tour in Hanoi?
- 11 Hotel in Tokyo
- 12 Trip out from Bangkok to Laos, Cambodia or ?
- 13 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 14 Do you travel with an air mask (N95) when you go to China?
- 15 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 16 Khao Lak
- 17 Hakone Ryokan - Gora Kansuiro
- 18 Khmer people please help me with translation
- 19 trekking in SE Asia
- 20 TR 'From DC to Delhi and beyond' dated 25 February 2015
- 21 INDIA: "A Pleasant Surprise"
- 22 Applying Indian Visa - 1 photo or 2 ?
- 23 Which Cities in India if Only Have 8 days on Land?
- 24 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 25 Re: Small and wonderful Singapore
Acceptable Clothing for Thailand & Cambodia Temples and Streets