We are just over a month from our maiden voyage to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Knowing how hot it will be, we wonder about clothing and the cool vs appropriate issues.
Is it generally acceptable for a western woman to wear sleeveless or tank tops and dresses? Is it ok in or near temples? Will sandals (one pair slightly nice the other ugly and comfortable) be enough for the trip-- or will i need something with closed toes for the temples or for safety? Can one's legs (just below knee) be exposed in temples or must i wear long pants? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated. thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 2 Japan Itinerary!
- 3 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 4 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 5 Mumbai short visit
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 Thailand Guides
- 8 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 9 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 10 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 11 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 12 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 13 Phuket Beaches
- 14 India itinerary critique please
- 15 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 16 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 17 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 18 Magical India
- 19 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 20 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 21 Vientiane and ??
- 22 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 23 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 24 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 25 Luggage size China ?
Acceptable Clothing for Thailand & Cambodia Temples and Streets