We are just over a month from our maiden voyage to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Knowing how hot it will be, we wonder about clothing and the cool vs appropriate issues.
Is it generally acceptable for a western woman to wear sleeveless or tank tops and dresses? Is it ok in or near temples? Will sandals (one pair slightly nice the other ugly and comfortable) be enough for the trip-- or will i need something with closed toes for the temples or for safety? Can one's legs (just below knee) be exposed in temples or must i wear long pants? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated. thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 3 Japn tour 10 nights
- 4 Nepal
- 5 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 6 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 7 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 8 My visit to Thailand
- 9 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 10 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 11 Gutted!
- 12 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 13 5 weeks in Japan
- 14 My visit to Lao
- 15 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 16 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 17 Family Trip to Japan
- 18 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 19 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 20 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 21 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 22 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 23 New Member
- 24 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 25 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
Acceptable Clothing for Thailand & Cambodia Temples and Streets