We are just over a month from our maiden voyage to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Knowing how hot it will be, we wonder about clothing and the cool vs appropriate issues.
Is it generally acceptable for a western woman to wear sleeveless or tank tops and dresses? Is it ok in or near temples? Will sandals (one pair slightly nice the other ugly and comfortable) be enough for the trip-- or will i need something with closed toes for the temples or for safety? Can one's legs (just below knee) be exposed in temples or must i wear long pants? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated. thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand - Help with Itinerary 15 Days to incl. North & South
- 2 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 3 Is this crazy?
- 4 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 5 thai baht allowance
- 6 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 7 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 8 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 9 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 10 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 11 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 12 In Seoul for one day
- 13 Japan & WiFi
- 14 Bali airport transportation
- 15 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 16 Travel Itenary
- 17 Halong Bay cruise
- 18 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 19 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 20 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 21 Passport for Indonesia
- 22 Fabric shops in India
- 23 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 24 japan itenirary help
- 25 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
Acceptable Clothing for Thailand & Cambodia Temples and Streets