We are just over a month from our maiden voyage to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Knowing how hot it will be, we wonder about clothing and the cool vs appropriate issues.
Is it generally acceptable for a western woman to wear sleeveless or tank tops and dresses? Is it ok in or near temples? Will sandals (one pair slightly nice the other ugly and comfortable) be enough for the trip-- or will i need something with closed toes for the temples or for safety? Can one's legs (just below knee) be exposed in temples or must i wear long pants? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated. thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Air Asia now fly to Luang Prabang
- 2 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 3 Vientiane and ??
- 4 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 5 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 6 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 7 A great trip in India
- 8 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 9 On a scale of 1 to 10, how dirty is India?
- 10 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 11 How to do this
- 12 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 13 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 14 China 31 days Itinerary - Need your advice
- 15 Cell Phone Provider in India
- 16 Delhi costs
- 17 Trekking partner/s for Annapurna circuitic Title
- 18 Japan: ATM Machines
- 19 Angkor Wat Tour - 2 Questions
- 20 Phuket
- 21 Hotel in Delhi
- 22 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 23 Yerevan. Regrets.
- 24 Japan in February
- 25 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
Acceptable Clothing for Thailand & Cambodia Temples and Streets