We are just over a month from our maiden voyage to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Knowing how hot it will be, we wonder about clothing and the cool vs appropriate issues.
Is it generally acceptable for a western woman to wear sleeveless or tank tops and dresses? Is it ok in or near temples? Will sandals (one pair slightly nice the other ugly and comfortable) be enough for the trip-- or will i need something with closed toes for the temples or for safety? Can one's legs (just below knee) be exposed in temples or must i wear long pants? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated. thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 2 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 3 Northern India in June
- 4 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 5 Hakone Free Pass
- 6 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 7 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 8 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 9 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 10 OAT trip to India
- 11 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 12 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 13 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 14 Castle & King tour operator review
- 15 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 16 First trip to Japan
- 17 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 18 What beach to choose?!?!
- 19 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 20 Singapore or Bali
- 21 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 22 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 23 RHK'S Spring trip
- 24 Hotels in Beijing
- 25 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
Acceptable Clothing for Thailand & Cambodia Temples and Streets