We are just over a month from our maiden voyage to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Knowing how hot it will be, we wonder about clothing and the cool vs appropriate issues.
Is it generally acceptable for a western woman to wear sleeveless or tank tops and dresses? Is it ok in or near temples? Will sandals (one pair slightly nice the other ugly and comfortable) be enough for the trip-- or will i need something with closed toes for the temples or for safety? Can one's legs (just below knee) be exposed in temples or must i wear long pants? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated. thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 2 Help traveling in Cambodia
- 3 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 4 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 5 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 6 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 7 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 8 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 9 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 10 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 11 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 12 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 14 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 15 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 16 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 17 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 18 Totally unprepared
- 19 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 20 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 21 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 22 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 23 An island paradise?
- 24 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 25 Need some help with my final itinerary
Acceptable Clothing for Thailand & Cambodia Temples and Streets