Arriving on a cruise from Singapore which will have called at Muscat and Dubai prior. I am getting the definite impression from reading archived posts, etc., that there isn't a lot to see in Abu Dhabi and that the majority of architecture, etc., in the Emirates is "new."
We are not interested in visiting any "shopping malls" and due to the length of our travels (more than three weeks with the cruise and a week in Japan prior) we are considering simply returning home to the US. The departure times for non-stops look like fun.
Perhaps simply staying in an Abu Dhabi hotel for a night or so.
I wish we could extend the trip to include Egypt but could not do that justice I suspect.
If I'm missing something, or a LOT of "something" appreciate any comments and thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 2 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 3 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 4 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 5 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 6 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 7 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 8 Something about... Malaysia
- 9 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 10 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 11 Budget Servied Apt
- 12 Terracotta Warriors
- 13 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 14 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 15 hiking japan sept
- 16 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 17 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 18 The best way to My Son
- 19 Japan Itinerary!
- 20 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 21 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 22 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 23 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 24 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 25 Japan rough itinerary