Arriving on a cruise from Singapore which will have called at Muscat and Dubai prior. I am getting the definite impression from reading archived posts, etc., that there isn't a lot to see in Abu Dhabi and that the majority of architecture, etc., in the Emirates is "new."
We are not interested in visiting any "shopping malls" and due to the length of our travels (more than three weeks with the cruise and a week in Japan prior) we are considering simply returning home to the US. The departure times for non-stops look like fun.
Perhaps simply staying in an Abu Dhabi hotel for a night or so.
I wish we could extend the trip to include Egypt but could not do that justice I suspect.
If I'm missing something, or a LOT of "something" appreciate any comments and thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 2 currency conversion
- 3 is this a good travel plan?
- 4 Phenom Penh
- 5 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 6 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 7 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 8 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 9 One day in Saigon
- 10 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 11 Bali private driver recommendation
- 12 North India Itinerary advice
- 13 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 14 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 15 The Indian money crunch.
- 16 The truth about elephant tourism
- 17 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 18 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 19 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 20 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 21 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 22 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 23 Kerala trip
- 24 E Visa for India?
- 25 1-2 months South East Asia