Arriving on a cruise from Singapore which will have called at Muscat and Dubai prior. I am getting the definite impression from reading archived posts, etc., that there isn't a lot to see in Abu Dhabi and that the majority of architecture, etc., in the Emirates is "new."
We are not interested in visiting any "shopping malls" and due to the length of our travels (more than three weeks with the cruise and a week in Japan prior) we are considering simply returning home to the US. The departure times for non-stops look like fun.
Perhaps simply staying in an Abu Dhabi hotel for a night or so.
I wish we could extend the trip to include Egypt but could not do that justice I suspect.
If I'm missing something, or a LOT of "something" appreciate any comments and thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India help needed
- 2 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 3 Sim cards and adaptors
- 4 Sri Lanka Visa
- 5 Hoi Ann hotel
- 6 Hotel in Hanoi
- 7 Place to stay Hue
- 8 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 9 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 10 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 11 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 12 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 13 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 14 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 15 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 16 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 17 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 18 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 19 Trekking outside Sapa
- 20 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 21 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 22 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 23 Go to Pai or not?
- 24 Ko Kraden hotels
- 25 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake