Arriving on a cruise from Singapore which will have called at Muscat and Dubai prior. I am getting the definite impression from reading archived posts, etc., that there isn't a lot to see in Abu Dhabi and that the majority of architecture, etc., in the Emirates is "new."
We are not interested in visiting any "shopping malls" and due to the length of our travels (more than three weeks with the cruise and a week in Japan prior) we are considering simply returning home to the US. The departure times for non-stops look like fun.
Perhaps simply staying in an Abu Dhabi hotel for a night or so.
I wish we could extend the trip to include Egypt but could not do that justice I suspect.
If I'm missing something, or a LOT of "something" appreciate any comments and thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan for Foodies
- 2 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 3 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 4 Singapore weather in August/September
- 5 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 6 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 7 One night in Osaka
- 8 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 9 First time going abroad
- 10 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 11 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 12 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 13 Backpacking on a budget
- 14 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 15 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 16 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 17 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 18 electric plug
- 19 Day trips from Sapporo
- 20 Etiquette in Japan
- 21 Northern Thailand Options
- 22 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 23 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 24 Machiya Residence Inn-Kyoto
- 25 Staying Connected In Sri Lanka and India