Hello Board Members,
just one year ago, I travelled to Philippines and after one night in Metro Manila,
I reached my Destination on Leyte.
My first Impression I got on Tacloban City Airport,which is not the most modern,
but very functional Domestic Airport.
As i arrived in manila at heavy rain the day before, I really enjoyed the warm sun,
when I left the Plane.
I used one of the very cheap airlines which you can find on Philippines
and i had been impressed positively about the friendly Service which
I got as i experienced worse on some expensive Airlines in Europe.
As i passed Palo with it`s cathedral on my way to Tanauan, I got my
first look on the famous Cathedral of Palo and I got a feeling
how strong Christianity is on Philippines.
In Tanauan i lived in a very simple Filipino house for the next 3 weeks,
which had been a very new experience for me, but for me i didn`t mind
as i had no other expectation on it and as i choosed that way for me.
After my Relocation i will not live another way than that, cause it`s the way
i have chosen for my future.
Tanauan have the most beautifull beach i have seen till now, and there
the have the national Skim Boarding Championships every year.
One of the Nicknames of Tanauan is "National Skim Boarding Capital"
caused by that fact.
If you need a bank to take money from your European or US Bank account
and you only have Maestro Card you have to go for Tacloban City,
where you can find a Maestro ATM at Metro Bank right opposite of Robinson`s
Mall in Barangay Marasbaras.
One of my Travels there i used to visit Red Beach in Palo, where the McArthur Memorial is located.
It had been the Place where McArthur`s Troops and Philippines Leaders got on Philippines´
soil again after they had been sent out by the Japanese some years before when
Japanese Troops invaded Philippines.
In the old City Center of Tacloban you can find the province Capitol, where in Today`s Time
the Governor leyte is residing.
For a short time between autumn of 1944 till Liberation of Manila the
Government of whole Philippines had been residing there.
Hope i could help with my Impressions about these Region.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 2 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 3 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 4 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 5 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 6 14 days in Myanmar
- 7 Changing planes at Dubai
- 8 50th Anniversary trip
- 9 Indian Food Series
- 10 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 11 "necessities" for India
- 12 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 13 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 14 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 15 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 16 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 17 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 18 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 19 Short trip to Myanmar
- 20 ATMs in Japan
- 21 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 22 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 23 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 24 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 25 Gang rape in India. Again.
About my last Travel to Philippines/Leyte
Hello Board Members,