My wife has business in Singapore in mid-August, and we're contemplating a week in the region thereafter.
We're not city people, so Singapore doesn't feel worth the extra time.
Thailand (Ko Samui) and Bali come highly recommended, but is August an unbearably hot and humid time? Is security a legitimate concern?
Our best thus far have been on a dive boat on the Great Barrier Reef and a cottage on Hana Bay on Maui.
Recommendations (including waiting for another season) are appreciated.
A week in August after Singapore
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 2 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 3 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 4 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 5 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 6 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 7 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 8 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 9 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 10 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 11 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 12 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 13 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 14 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 15 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 16 Kashmir today
- 17 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 18 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 19 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 20 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 21 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 22 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 23 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 24 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 25 Luang Prabang Waterfall