My wife has business in Singapore in mid-August, and we're contemplating a week in the region thereafter.
We're not city people, so Singapore doesn't feel worth the extra time.
Thailand (Ko Samui) and Bali come highly recommended, but is August an unbearably hot and humid time? Is security a legitimate concern?
Our best thus far have been on a dive boat on the Great Barrier Reef and a cottage on Hana Bay on Maui.
Recommendations (including waiting for another season) are appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 2 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 3 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 4 How much Yen?
- 5 Tokyo hotel help
- 6 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 7 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 8 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 9 South Korea for Chuseok
- 10 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 11 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 12 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 13 Bali - What to do?
- 14 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 15 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 16 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 17 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 18 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 19 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 20 Private tours in Northern India
- 21 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 22 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 23 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 24 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 25 Fethiye to Bodrum