My wife has business in Singapore in mid-August, and we're contemplating a week in the region thereafter.
We're not city people, so Singapore doesn't feel worth the extra time.
Thailand (Ko Samui) and Bali come highly recommended, but is August an unbearably hot and humid time? Is security a legitimate concern?
Our best thus far have been on a dive boat on the Great Barrier Reef and a cottage on Hana Bay on Maui.
Recommendations (including waiting for another season) are appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A combined trip to Darjeeling and Gangtok
- 2 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 3 Vietnam - September 2015
- 4 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 5 BUSAN, attractions and hidden viewpoint hiking!
- 6 Burma or Laos.
- 7 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 8 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 9 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 10 best town to stay at for vsiting in Cultural Triangle area?
- 11 Tips for PNG (Varirata NP & POM stay)
- 12 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 13 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 14 What to do with 2 weeks on honeymoon in Paradise Bali
- 15 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 16 hanoi eats
- 17 Hakone accommodation options
- 18 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 19 Off the beaten track in Japan (Recommendation, please)
- 20 Visa
- 21 Comments please on 6 week South India Itinerary
- 22 Restaurants
- 23 My First Passage to India
- 24 Northern Vietnam Itinerary
- 25 Castle & King tour operator review