I am thinking of adding a few days in southern India to our 10-14 day trip to Sri Lanka. From my reading, the parts of southern India that interest me the most are the temple towns of Madurai and Tanjore and the area around the palace outside of Mysore.. Do you think it is worth it to fly from Sri Lanka to see either or both of these areas in a week or less. DH does not want to spend a lot of time in southern India on this trip, but I was thinking it is so close to Sri lanka that maybe this might be a good time to see a bit of it. Do you think it is worth the hassle and expense of getting a visa and flying from SL to India to see either the temple towns or the temples outside of Mysore?
A question regarding a short visit to southern India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 2 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 3 India adaptors
- 4 From Pushkar to delhi
- 5 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 6 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 7 Help re. Visa.
- 8 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 9 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 10 Bangkok and Manila
- 11 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 12 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 13 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 14 Visa
- 15 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 16 Gluten free in Japan?
- 17 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 18 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 19 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 20 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 21 Need a guide in Burma?
- 22 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 23 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 24 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 25 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment