I am thinking of adding a few days in southern India to our 10-14 day trip to Sri Lanka. From my reading, the parts of southern India that interest me the most are the temple towns of Madurai and Tanjore and the area around the palace outside of Mysore.. Do you think it is worth it to fly from Sri Lanka to see either or both of these areas in a week or less. DH does not want to spend a lot of time in southern India on this trip, but I was thinking it is so close to Sri lanka that maybe this might be a good time to see a bit of it. Do you think it is worth the hassle and expense of getting a visa and flying from SL to India to see either the temple towns or the temples outside of Mysore?
A question regarding a short visit to southern India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Manaslu trekking
- 2 Nepal hiking and trekking
- 3 Everest base camp trekking
- 4 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 5 Bali Question
- 6 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 7 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 8 Vietnam - Questions
- 9 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 10 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 11 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 12 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 13 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 14 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 15 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 16 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 17 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 18 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 19 Osaka shopping
- 20 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 21 Takayama ideas in April?
- 22 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 23 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 24 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 25 Sri Lanka February 15'