I'm just getting very excited about visiting North Korea when I learned moments ago that Malaysian actually don't need a visa to visit North Korea (source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_North_Korea#Visa).
Now, does that mean I can just buy a ticket and hop on a train, or plane, from Beijing to Pyongyang without involving any travel agency like KoryoTours?
Basically, I'm totally clueless how to proceed from knowing the fact 'Malaysia don't need visa to North Korea' to actually get myself in Pyongyang's soil. I'd greatly appreciate if y'all would provide guidance and info about that for me.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 2 Hoi An in December?
- 3 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 4 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 5 Halong Bay cruise
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 8 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 9 India help with where to go
- 10 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 11 Dollar traveller cheques
- 12 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 13 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 14 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 15 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 16 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 17 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 18 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 19 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 20 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 21 Is this crazy?
- 22 In Seoul for one day
- 23 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 24 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 25 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo