Full report with lots of photos,
you are welcome to check it out, leave comments and follow it!
Singapore has undergone a huge transformation for the last few years. Well, Singapore (at least to me) is a tropical metropolis that visitor would probably see pretty much everything in a visit or two. Therefore, this time, I simply spent a day or two just around the Marina bay area – staying in the 57th floor of Marina Bay Sands and decompress for a fun weekend.
1. Garden of the Bay
What I love about the Garden of the Bay was the easy access. It’s closely connected and in walkable distance to the Bayfront MRT Station and my hotel, the Marina Bay Sands. More, it’s not a typical botanical Garden, it’s has a theme and it is a trendy place with exciting design elements that make the garden lively and multi-dimensional.
2. The Supertree Grove
Called the OCBC Skyway (named after the sponsor) is a group of solar powered light posts that dressed like a tree. Loop up in awe at dramatic plant displays, and the Skyway is a 22-metre high bridge connecting the trees, offering a bird’s eye view of the garden. When night falls, the Supertrees were quite super – they come to life with a spectacular light and sound show, powered by the solar power saved up during day time. Very very Avatar, and very very green.
3. Flower Dome
The Flower Dome did surprise me in a certain way. Apart from flower arrangements, it has a well-organized succulent collection that was quite special and new to me. Wandering amongst thousand-year-old olive trees and unusual Baobabs of the cool-dry Mediterranean and subtropical regions, you look into the world from a different perspective.
4. Cloud Forest
When we enter the Cloud Forest it was just in time for misting!! The tower was spraying mist all of the sudden and I felt like I was walking through a mysterious fairyland. Visitors could explore the highlands amidst orchids, pitcher plants, and ferns from the cool-moist Tropical Mountain region.
5. ArtScience Museum
It’s called ArtScience Museum because the museum itself includes both. It is a lotus shape building right on the bank of the inside of the Marina bay and the structure itself is a very stylish and modern science achievement.
6. Infinity pool and Sky deck
The pool is only limited to the hotel guest – which is thankful for me. Actually it’s busy enough with just the hotel guests, but don’t worry, they have plenty of chairs. The view has it’s beauty day or night. I can’t really choose, except it’s raining. The upper part of the sky deck is exclusive to hotel guests, too. I was surprised to see quite a lot of visitors from Japan and Korea stayed at the hotel during my stay.
7. Fountain show
The only thing that I would “consider” seeing again would be the fountain show at the waterfront, with the Singapore’s skyline as a background. If only you were at Marina Bay Sands – you could consider. There are two shows every night, and three for the weekends.
Check the photos and welcome to leave comments! - http://wp.me/p5Lw9a-l3
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 2 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 3 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 4 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 5 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 6 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 7 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 8 Road Scholar tour in China
- 9 China in june-July
- 10 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 11 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 12 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 13 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 14 Bali - What to do?
- 15 China in July
- 16 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 17 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 18 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 19 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 20 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 21 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 22 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 23 Being customs
- 24 Itinerary feedback please
- 25 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
A Fun Weekend in Singapore with Something New & Something Green
Full report with lots of photos,