Following a 4-day business meeting in Singapore, my wife and I will have 9 days to vacation in the region. Our vacation days will be September 3-11, 2004. We are experienced international travelers, but this will be our first trip to Asia. Please help us with suggestions on how to make the most of our vacation time. We will not have any time to see the city during the business portion of the trip. We want to enjoy Singapore, but we also want to see some of the other areas this region has to offer. Our interests when traveling include history and archaeology, architecture and design, art and culture, food (of course!), and nature. We're not really beach people, but we enjoy sailing and snorkeling very much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
9 Days! What to Do?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 2 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 3 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 4 Help! Which to choose?
- 5 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 6 North Vietnam Again!
- 7 Passport Safety
- 8 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 9 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 10 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 11 Castle & King
- 12 Mt Aso Eruption
- 13 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 14 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 15 Independent female traveller
- 16 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 17 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 18 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 19 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 20 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 21 One week in India
- 22 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 23 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 24 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 25 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?