Its time yet again to start holiday planning - the most stressful yet really fun part of a holiday
My boyfriend and I are both early twenties, and love to travel. Unfortunately, stressful jobs result in NOT ENOUGH TIME!
We have been able to squeeze out 5 days (with weekends on both sides), and booked our tickets for Hanoi. We land at Noon on Saturday, 15th Feb, and fly back at Noon on 23rd Feb - giving us almost exactly 8 days and 7 nights.
I want to try to squueze in as much as possible, but still have time to enjoy the holiday and not burst into flames (his demand, not mine, I could keep going till I drop)
The places I really want to visit are Hanoi (2-3 days), Hue (1), Hoi An(1), Halong Bay (2 Day) and try to squeeze in either Sapa/ Ninh Binh. I am not too interested in HCMC, so have dropped anything south of these places.
My questions -
Which one - Sapa or Ninh Binh? Considering it february, would the latter be more pleasant?
Is a day in Hue and Hoi An enough, and if not, what should I drop?
Are there any other places you would recommend instead? I would like a unique well represented view of Vietnam
Our priorities: scenic and architectural beauty, food, and not too many people. We are not too interested in night-life/partying, would rather have early mornings, active days (we are both quite fit), great food. Considering our age and general lifestyle, hectic trips are not a big issue.
Our budget: not too high. We spent about a $1000 on our tickets (return, for two of us), and would not want to spend more than that amount on the rest of the trip.
Fodors has been super helpful in the past, hope it is this time too!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 2 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 3 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 4 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 5 sri lanka- tips required
- 6 base bangkok or manilla
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 9 Idiotic time zone question
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 12 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 13 Mount Koya
- 14 Sometahing is wrong
- 15 Twin rooms in Japan
- 16 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 17 Change my Itinerary?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week