I'm hoping to get some feedback from the Fodors community on the following itinerary that a Burma-based agent put together for me and a friend. I'm most specifically interested in whether or not the hotels listed are good and if the guide prices are average or inflated (and if you think we could arrange guides for cheaper on-site).
Party name 2 pax
Period of stay : 08 - 15 Jan'13 (8 days / 7 nights)
9-11 Jan'13 Bagan - Bagan Umbra Hotel, Superior Room 2 nights 1 Twin $100.0
11-13 Jan'13 Kalaw - Pine Breeze Hotel , Superior Room 2 nights 1 Twin $78.0
13-14 Jan'13 Nyaung Shwe (Inle) - Aung Mingalar Hotel, 1 night 1 Twin $38.0
14-15 Jan'13 Yangon - Beauty Land Inn II, Standard Room 1 night 1 Twin $44.0
Domestic Flight Tickets:
8-Jan-13 Yangon - Nyaung U train 2 pax $110.0
11-Jan-13 Nyaung U - Heho flight 2 pax $190.0
14-Jan-13 Heho - Yangon flight 2 pax $270.0
Pindaya Pindaya zone fees 2 pax $10.0
Inle Inle zone fees 2 pax $10.0
Land Cost with private air-con car and driver
8-Jan-13 Delivery charges for the necessary documents 2 pax $22.0
9-Jan-13 COA 2 pax $- $-
10-Jan-13 Bagan free 2 pax $- $-
11-Jan-13 Airport transfer for the flight to Heho (Clients Own Arrangement) 2 pax $- $-
Heho airport to Pindaya - Kalaw transfer with stationed guide 2 pax $90.0
12-Jan-13 Kalaw(Painnebin trekking) with stationed guide 2 pax $90.0
13-Jan-13 Kalaw - Inle sightseeing with stationed guide 2 pax $104.0
14-Jan-13 Inle lake to heho airport transfer with stationed guide 2 pax $70.0
Airport transfer (Clients Own Arrangement) 2 pax - -
15-Jan-13 Departure transfer (Clients Own Arrangement) 2 pax - -
English speaking stationed guide in Shan State (Kalaw & Inle) 2 pax $262.0
Total cost for 2 pax $1,488
8 days in Burma
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 2 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 3 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 4 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 5 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 6 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 7 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 8 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 9 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 10 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 11 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 12 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 13 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 14 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 15 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 16 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 17 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 18 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 19 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 20 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 21 Kashmir today
- 22 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 23 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 24 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 25 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.