I'm hoping to get some feedback from the Fodors community on the following itinerary that a Burma-based agent put together for me and a friend. I'm most specifically interested in whether or not the hotels listed are good and if the guide prices are average or inflated (and if you think we could arrange guides for cheaper on-site).
Party name 2 pax
Period of stay : 08 - 15 Jan'13 (8 days / 7 nights)
9-11 Jan'13 Bagan - Bagan Umbra Hotel, Superior Room 2 nights 1 Twin $100.0
11-13 Jan'13 Kalaw - Pine Breeze Hotel , Superior Room 2 nights 1 Twin $78.0
13-14 Jan'13 Nyaung Shwe (Inle) - Aung Mingalar Hotel, 1 night 1 Twin $38.0
14-15 Jan'13 Yangon - Beauty Land Inn II, Standard Room 1 night 1 Twin $44.0
Domestic Flight Tickets:
8-Jan-13 Yangon - Nyaung U train 2 pax $110.0
11-Jan-13 Nyaung U - Heho flight 2 pax $190.0
14-Jan-13 Heho - Yangon flight 2 pax $270.0
Pindaya Pindaya zone fees 2 pax $10.0
Inle Inle zone fees 2 pax $10.0
Land Cost with private air-con car and driver
8-Jan-13 Delivery charges for the necessary documents 2 pax $22.0
9-Jan-13 COA 2 pax $- $-
10-Jan-13 Bagan free 2 pax $- $-
11-Jan-13 Airport transfer for the flight to Heho (Clients Own Arrangement) 2 pax $- $-
Heho airport to Pindaya - Kalaw transfer with stationed guide 2 pax $90.0
12-Jan-13 Kalaw(Painnebin trekking) with stationed guide 2 pax $90.0
13-Jan-13 Kalaw - Inle sightseeing with stationed guide 2 pax $104.0
14-Jan-13 Inle lake to heho airport transfer with stationed guide 2 pax $70.0
Airport transfer (Clients Own Arrangement) 2 pax - -
15-Jan-13 Departure transfer (Clients Own Arrangement) 2 pax - -
English speaking stationed guide in Shan State (Kalaw & Inle) 2 pax $262.0
Total cost for 2 pax $1,488
8 days in Burma
- 1 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 2 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 3 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 4 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 5 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 6 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 7 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 8 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 9 independent travel in India
- 10 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 11 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 12 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 13 Magical India
- 14 geisha performance
- 15 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 16 Trip report China
- 17 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 18 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 19 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 20 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 21 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 22 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 23 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 24 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 25 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!