I and my best mate (both female) are heading to Sri Lanka. We have seven full days. We arrive to Colombo late on the 27th of January and depart from Colombo mid-day on the 4th of January. Background: We will be coming from Shanghai. We are both adventurous and well traveled and have lived in Asia for several years; for our Lunar New Year break last year, we went to Burma, a second trip for me and first for my friend.
I have read through the many excellent trip reports but wanted to get a bit more feedback. Given the following information on us, what would you recommend for our 7-day trip?
-We are not on a tight budget
-We felt that 1.5 days in Bagan was enough
-We didn't hike Mt. Popa in Burma because of all the poop and the wild monkeys
-My friend loves the beach but I prefer the shade, though I love all watersports and will happily participate
-We love to eat
-We don't want to spent *too* much time in transit from one place to another, however I understand that all drives are long
Many thanks for any and all input!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 2 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 3 Thailand Guides
- 4 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 5 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 6 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 7 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 8 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 9 Phuket Beaches
- 10 India itinerary critique please
- 11 Japan Itinerary!
- 12 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 13 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 14 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 15 Magical India
- 16 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 17 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 18 Vientiane and ??
- 19 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 20 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 21 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 22 Himachal Pradesh
- 23 Luggage size China ?
- 24 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 25 Thai Elephants