I and my best mate (both female) are heading to Sri Lanka. We have seven full days. We arrive to Colombo late on the 27th of January and depart from Colombo mid-day on the 4th of January. Background: We will be coming from Shanghai. We are both adventurous and well traveled and have lived in Asia for several years; for our Lunar New Year break last year, we went to Burma, a second trip for me and first for my friend.
I have read through the many excellent trip reports but wanted to get a bit more feedback. Given the following information on us, what would you recommend for our 7-day trip?
-We are not on a tight budget
-We felt that 1.5 days in Bagan was enough
-We didn't hike Mt. Popa in Burma because of all the poop and the wild monkeys
-My friend loves the beach but I prefer the shade, though I love all watersports and will happily participate
-We love to eat
-We don't want to spent *too* much time in transit from one place to another, however I understand that all drives are long
Many thanks for any and all input!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Get-Assits: AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:855:999:8045 AOL MAIL R*J
- 2 Idiotic time zone question
- 3 Christmas in the Alps
- 4 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 5 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 6 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 7 Mount Koya
- 8 Sometahing is wrong
- 9 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 10 Twin rooms in Japan
- 11 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 12 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 sri lanka- tips required
- 15 base bangkok or manilla
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week