I and my best mate (both female) are heading to Sri Lanka. We have seven full days. We arrive to Colombo late on the 27th of January and depart from Colombo mid-day on the 4th of January. Background: We will be coming from Shanghai. We are both adventurous and well traveled and have lived in Asia for several years; for our Lunar New Year break last year, we went to Burma, a second trip for me and first for my friend.
I have read through the many excellent trip reports but wanted to get a bit more feedback. Given the following information on us, what would you recommend for our 7-day trip?
-We are not on a tight budget
-We felt that 1.5 days in Bagan was enough
-We didn't hike Mt. Popa in Burma because of all the poop and the wild monkeys
-My friend loves the beach but I prefer the shade, though I love all watersports and will happily participate
-We love to eat
-We don't want to spent *too* much time in transit from one place to another, however I understand that all drives are long
Many thanks for any and all input!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 2 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 3 Other than Kyoto?
- 4 Beijing tours
- 5 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 6 Trip Report : China
- 7 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 8 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 9 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 10 A great trip in India
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 14 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 15 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 16 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 17 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 18 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 19 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 20 Takayama trail, Japan
- 21 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 22 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 23 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 24 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 25 On the road again - to Incredible India.