We're spending a week in Burma in October on our way to Japan from London. We will fly to Bangkok and then to Yangon , arriving there at around 2:40 pm on Monday (5th) and we leave the following Sunday (11th). We checked with Mynamar Shalom and Santa Maria and they suggested the following:
Day 1 - Yangon;
Day 2 - Day 3 - Inle Lake; (morning flight out of Yangon)
Day 4 - early morning flight to Bagan
Day 5 - 6 - Bagan
Day 7 - morning flight back to Yangon - our flight to BKK leaves at 6PM same day
Day 1 - Yangon
Day 2 - 3 - Bagan (morning flight to Bagan)
Day 4 - 6 - Inle Lake (morning flight to Inle Lake)
Day 6 - 7 - Yangon (afternoon flight on day 6 from Inle Lake)
Day 7 - 6pm flight back to BKK
I'd like to maximise time in Bagan and limit our stay in Yangon to 1 night so I'm partial to the first itinerary. Is it this really feasible? With a 6pm flight out of Yangon, are we cutting it too fine getting a morning flight back from Bagan?
Also how easy is it to arrange tours and such once you're on the ground? We don't have much time there and both Santa Maria and Myanmar Shalom have proposed some tours but I'm not sure what's best. For example, they both proposed a trip to Mt Popa whilst in Bagan but I'm wondering if this is worth it given the few days we have to visit. Any recommendations on hotels in Bagan and with 1 afternoon/evening/night in Yangon, does it matter much where we choose to stay?
Any advice on which we should choose (and any tips) would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 2 The truth about elephant tourism
- 3 The Indian money crunch.
- 4 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 5 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 6 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 7 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 8 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 9 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 10 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 11 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 12 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 13 Kerala trip
- 14 E Visa for India?
- 15 1-2 months South East Asia
- 16 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 17 Help - India.
- 18 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 19 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 20 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 21 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 22 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 23 Side trips from Taipei
- 24 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 25 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka