We're spending a week in Burma in October on our way to Japan from London. We will fly to Bangkok and then to Yangon , arriving there at around 2:40 pm on Monday (5th) and we leave the following Sunday (11th). We checked with Mynamar Shalom and Santa Maria and they suggested the following:
Day 1 - Yangon;
Day 2 - Day 3 - Inle Lake; (morning flight out of Yangon)
Day 4 - early morning flight to Bagan
Day 5 - 6 - Bagan
Day 7 - morning flight back to Yangon - our flight to BKK leaves at 6PM same day
Day 1 - Yangon
Day 2 - 3 - Bagan (morning flight to Bagan)
Day 4 - 6 - Inle Lake (morning flight to Inle Lake)
Day 6 - 7 - Yangon (afternoon flight on day 6 from Inle Lake)
Day 7 - 6pm flight back to BKK
I'd like to maximise time in Bagan and limit our stay in Yangon to 1 night so I'm partial to the first itinerary. Is it this really feasible? With a 6pm flight out of Yangon, are we cutting it too fine getting a morning flight back from Bagan?
Also how easy is it to arrange tours and such once you're on the ground? We don't have much time there and both Santa Maria and Myanmar Shalom have proposed some tours but I'm not sure what's best. For example, they both proposed a trip to Mt Popa whilst in Bagan but I'm wondering if this is worth it given the few days we have to visit. Any recommendations on hotels in Bagan and with 1 afternoon/evening/night in Yangon, does it matter much where we choose to stay?
Any advice on which we should choose (and any tips) would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Eagles vs Redskins
- 2 SILK BLANKETS: BEIJING or SHANGHAI
- 3 Family Trip to India late May/early June
- 4 Bangkok Hotel- near BTS & late check out
- 5 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 6 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 7 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 8 So excited - going to Siem Reap
- 9 Hotel Chang Mai
- 10 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 11 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
- 12 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 13 Bhutan paro Tshechu
- 14 Thailand
- 15 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 16 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 17 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 18 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 19 Hotel in Hanoi
- 20 India help needed
- 21 Beach hotel Thailand
- 22 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 23 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 24 Sim cards and adaptors
- 25 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!