We're spending a week in Burma in October on our way to Japan from London. We will fly to Bangkok and then to Yangon , arriving there at around 2:40 pm on Monday (5th) and we leave the following Sunday (11th). We checked with Mynamar Shalom and Santa Maria and they suggested the following:
Day 1 - Yangon;
Day 2 - Day 3 - Inle Lake; (morning flight out of Yangon)
Day 4 - early morning flight to Bagan
Day 5 - 6 - Bagan
Day 7 - morning flight back to Yangon - our flight to BKK leaves at 6PM same day
Day 1 - Yangon
Day 2 - 3 - Bagan (morning flight to Bagan)
Day 4 - 6 - Inle Lake (morning flight to Inle Lake)
Day 6 - 7 - Yangon (afternoon flight on day 6 from Inle Lake)
Day 7 - 6pm flight back to BKK
I'd like to maximise time in Bagan and limit our stay in Yangon to 1 night so I'm partial to the first itinerary. Is it this really feasible? With a 6pm flight out of Yangon, are we cutting it too fine getting a morning flight back from Bagan?
Also how easy is it to arrange tours and such once you're on the ground? We don't have much time there and both Santa Maria and Myanmar Shalom have proposed some tours but I'm not sure what's best. For example, they both proposed a trip to Mt Popa whilst in Bagan but I'm wondering if this is worth it given the few days we have to visit. Any recommendations on hotels in Bagan and with 1 afternoon/evening/night in Yangon, does it matter much where we choose to stay?
Any advice on which we should choose (and any tips) would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AVAST☎ Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 3 Japan rough itinerary
- 4 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 5 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 6 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 9 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 10 Budget Servied Apt
- 11 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 12 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 13 Something about... Malaysia
- 14 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 15 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 16 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 17 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 18 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 19 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 20 Japan Itinerary!
- 21 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 22 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 23 Chiang Mai, Thailand and Myanmar
- 24 First Trip to Japan in August
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week