I will be taking a business trip in India sometime in Late in September-Early November. I have never been to India and I am trying to determine the best trip. I will actually be travelling for roughly 3 weeks. I will be spending 2 weeks working in Gurgaon, and then want to take the final week for vacation. My initial plan is below, and I have a million questions and looking for any ideas/tips. Thanks in advance, and Sorry for the long post!
FYI - I will be traveling alone and I'm a male in my mid-20's
Plan & Questions
1.) Plan to go as late into October as possible (for weather)
2.) Spend 2 working weeks in Gurgaon
A. Will be with my India team while in Gurgaon, so will see everything I can while there, but generally everything there should be taken care of for me
B. While I'm sure my co-workers there will give me plenty of ideas for Gurgaon, let me know of any additional things to see while there
3.) Figure since I am in Gurgaon I will take the weekend between my two work weeks to go to Delhi for two nights (Is two nights enough to see Delhi?)
4.) After my second week I want to spend the next 8 nights/7 days traveling (here's where I really have questions)
5.) Do I spend the rest of the time in India, or since I have to fly through amsterdam and have never been, should I spend Fri-Tue night in India and then Wed - Fri night in Amsterdam (fly back Saturday)
6.) Whether I have 5 nights or 8 in India which cities should I see if I am willing to fly around/travel and want to see as much of India as possible (i assume 2 cities if 5 nights and 3 if 8)
7.) Is there any danger in travelling around India alone
8.) I am looking to see both man-made India and natural/cultural.
9.) If I go to amsterdam, what should I see there?
10.) I could keep going with this, but generally India has always been very high on my list of places to visit, and I am looking for the best time possible. For now I would say I am not limited by budget.
7-10 Days in India: What to Do/See
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 2 Places to visit in India in October
- 3 Mid-range Indian hotels: Gateway, Ginger, Keys
- 4 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 5 Amphawa Floating Market
- 6 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 7 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 8 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 9 Currency in South Korea
- 10 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 11 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 12 Krabi island tours
- 13 6 full days in Yagoon
- 14 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 15 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 16 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 17 Malaysian honeymoon
- 18 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 19 Myanmar itinerary help
- 20 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 21 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 22 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 23 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 24 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel
- 25 Burma? Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam? - I need some help!