I will be taking a business trip in India sometime in Late in September-Early November. I have never been to India and I am trying to determine the best trip. I will actually be travelling for roughly 3 weeks. I will be spending 2 weeks working in Gurgaon, and then want to take the final week for vacation. My initial plan is below, and I have a million questions and looking for any ideas/tips. Thanks in advance, and Sorry for the long post!
FYI - I will be traveling alone and I'm a male in my mid-20's
Plan & Questions
1.) Plan to go as late into October as possible (for weather)
2.) Spend 2 working weeks in Gurgaon
A. Will be with my India team while in Gurgaon, so will see everything I can while there, but generally everything there should be taken care of for me
B. While I'm sure my co-workers there will give me plenty of ideas for Gurgaon, let me know of any additional things to see while there
3.) Figure since I am in Gurgaon I will take the weekend between my two work weeks to go to Delhi for two nights (Is two nights enough to see Delhi?)
4.) After my second week I want to spend the next 8 nights/7 days traveling (here's where I really have questions)
5.) Do I spend the rest of the time in India, or since I have to fly through amsterdam and have never been, should I spend Fri-Tue night in India and then Wed - Fri night in Amsterdam (fly back Saturday)
6.) Whether I have 5 nights or 8 in India which cities should I see if I am willing to fly around/travel and want to see as much of India as possible (i assume 2 cities if 5 nights and 3 if 8)
7.) Is there any danger in travelling around India alone
8.) I am looking to see both man-made India and natural/cultural.
9.) If I go to amsterdam, what should I see there?
10.) I could keep going with this, but generally India has always been very high on my list of places to visit, and I am looking for the best time possible. For now I would say I am not limited by budget.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Mongolia tour or independently
- 2 July Travel to Mongolia
- 3 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 4 Kuala Lumpur & Penang
- 5 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 6 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 7 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 8 Hakone Free Pass
- 9 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 10 Castle & King tour operator review
- 11 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 12 First trip to Japan
- 13 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 14 What beach to choose?!?!
- 15 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 16 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 17 Singapore or Bali
- 18 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 19 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 20 RHK'S Spring trip
- 21 Hotels in Beijing
- 22 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 23 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 24 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam - The last days in April, 2015