I will be taking a business trip in India sometime in Late in September-Early November. I have never been to India and I am trying to determine the best trip. I will actually be travelling for roughly 3 weeks. I will be spending 2 weeks working in Gurgaon, and then want to take the final week for vacation. My initial plan is below, and I have a million questions and looking for any ideas/tips. Thanks in advance, and Sorry for the long post!
FYI - I will be traveling alone and I'm a male in my mid-20's
Plan & Questions
1.) Plan to go as late into October as possible (for weather)
2.) Spend 2 working weeks in Gurgaon
A. Will be with my India team while in Gurgaon, so will see everything I can while there, but generally everything there should be taken care of for me
B. While I'm sure my co-workers there will give me plenty of ideas for Gurgaon, let me know of any additional things to see while there
3.) Figure since I am in Gurgaon I will take the weekend between my two work weeks to go to Delhi for two nights (Is two nights enough to see Delhi?)
4.) After my second week I want to spend the next 8 nights/7 days traveling (here's where I really have questions)
5.) Do I spend the rest of the time in India, or since I have to fly through amsterdam and have never been, should I spend Fri-Tue night in India and then Wed - Fri night in Amsterdam (fly back Saturday)
6.) Whether I have 5 nights or 8 in India which cities should I see if I am willing to fly around/travel and want to see as much of India as possible (i assume 2 cities if 5 nights and 3 if 8)
7.) Is there any danger in travelling around India alone
8.) I am looking to see both man-made India and natural/cultural.
9.) If I go to amsterdam, what should I see there?
10.) I could keep going with this, but generally India has always been very high on my list of places to visit, and I am looking for the best time possible. For now I would say I am not limited by budget.
7-10 Days in India: What to Do/See
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 मेरा भारत महान--**--+91-9982822666 Vashikaran Specialist in Hong KONG
- 2 Help! Which to choose?
- 3 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 4 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 5 When is the best time to visit Bhutan?
- 6 North Vietnam Again!
- 7 Passport Safety
- 8 Independent female traveller
- 9 Castle & King
- 10 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 11 Mt Aso Eruption
- 12 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 13 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 14 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 15 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 16 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 17 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 18 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 19 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 20 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 21 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 22 One week in India
- 23 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 24 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 25 Bangkok airport taxi options