I will be taking a business trip in India sometime in Late in September-Early November. I have never been to India and I am trying to determine the best trip. I will actually be travelling for roughly 3 weeks. I will be spending 2 weeks working in Gurgaon, and then want to take the final week for vacation. My initial plan is below, and I have a million questions and looking for any ideas/tips. Thanks in advance, and Sorry for the long post!
FYI - I will be traveling alone and I'm a male in my mid-20's
Plan & Questions
1.) Plan to go as late into October as possible (for weather)
2.) Spend 2 working weeks in Gurgaon
A. Will be with my India team while in Gurgaon, so will see everything I can while there, but generally everything there should be taken care of for me
B. While I'm sure my co-workers there will give me plenty of ideas for Gurgaon, let me know of any additional things to see while there
3.) Figure since I am in Gurgaon I will take the weekend between my two work weeks to go to Delhi for two nights (Is two nights enough to see Delhi?)
4.) After my second week I want to spend the next 8 nights/7 days traveling (here's where I really have questions)
5.) Do I spend the rest of the time in India, or since I have to fly through amsterdam and have never been, should I spend Fri-Tue night in India and then Wed - Fri night in Amsterdam (fly back Saturday)
6.) Whether I have 5 nights or 8 in India which cities should I see if I am willing to fly around/travel and want to see as much of India as possible (i assume 2 cities if 5 nights and 3 if 8)
7.) Is there any danger in travelling around India alone
8.) I am looking to see both man-made India and natural/cultural.
9.) If I go to amsterdam, what should I see there?
10.) I could keep going with this, but generally India has always been very high on my list of places to visit, and I am looking for the best time possible. For now I would say I am not limited by budget.
7-10 Days in India: What to Do/See
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 2 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 3 Takayama ideas in April?
- 4 Harbin Ice and Snow World
- 5 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 6 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 7 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 8 Shaanxi History Museum
- 9 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 10 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 11 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 12 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 13 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 14 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 15 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 16 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 17 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 18 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 19 3 Weeks in Japan - Please critique my itineary
- 20 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 21 India
- 22 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 23 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 24 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 25 Vietnam Family Travel Plans