I will be taking a business trip in India sometime in Late in September-Early November. I have never been to India and I am trying to determine the best trip. I will actually be travelling for roughly 3 weeks. I will be spending 2 weeks working in Gurgaon, and then want to take the final week for vacation. My initial plan is below, and I have a million questions and looking for any ideas/tips. Thanks in advance, and Sorry for the long post!
FYI - I will be traveling alone and I'm a male in my mid-20's
Plan & Questions
1.) Plan to go as late into October as possible (for weather)
2.) Spend 2 working weeks in Gurgaon
A. Will be with my India team while in Gurgaon, so will see everything I can while there, but generally everything there should be taken care of for me
B. While I'm sure my co-workers there will give me plenty of ideas for Gurgaon, let me know of any additional things to see while there
3.) Figure since I am in Gurgaon I will take the weekend between my two work weeks to go to Delhi for two nights (Is two nights enough to see Delhi?)
4.) After my second week I want to spend the next 8 nights/7 days traveling (here's where I really have questions)
5.) Do I spend the rest of the time in India, or since I have to fly through amsterdam and have never been, should I spend Fri-Tue night in India and then Wed - Fri night in Amsterdam (fly back Saturday)
6.) Whether I have 5 nights or 8 in India which cities should I see if I am willing to fly around/travel and want to see as much of India as possible (i assume 2 cities if 5 nights and 3 if 8)
7.) Is there any danger in travelling around India alone
8.) I am looking to see both man-made India and natural/cultural.
9.) If I go to amsterdam, what should I see there?
10.) I could keep going with this, but generally India has always been very high on my list of places to visit, and I am looking for the best time possible. For now I would say I am not limited by budget.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 2 Tokyo hotel help
- 3 Private tours in Northern India
- 4 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 5 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 6 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 9 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 10 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 11 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 12 Beware of China Job, Study & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 13 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 14 Vietnam visa
- 15 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 16 Family Friendly Penang
- 17 Train trip costs help please
- 18 Weather forecast
- 19 Bali - What to do?
- 20 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 23 Sri Lanka advice
- 24 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 25 Ryokan in Japan