I will be taking a business trip in India sometime in Late in September-Early November. I have never been to India and I am trying to determine the best trip. I will actually be travelling for roughly 3 weeks. I will be spending 2 weeks working in Gurgaon, and then want to take the final week for vacation. My initial plan is below, and I have a million questions and looking for any ideas/tips. Thanks in advance, and Sorry for the long post!
FYI - I will be traveling alone and I'm a male in my mid-20's
Plan & Questions
1.) Plan to go as late into October as possible (for weather)
2.) Spend 2 working weeks in Gurgaon
A. Will be with my India team while in Gurgaon, so will see everything I can while there, but generally everything there should be taken care of for me
B. While I'm sure my co-workers there will give me plenty of ideas for Gurgaon, let me know of any additional things to see while there
3.) Figure since I am in Gurgaon I will take the weekend between my two work weeks to go to Delhi for two nights (Is two nights enough to see Delhi?)
4.) After my second week I want to spend the next 8 nights/7 days traveling (here's where I really have questions)
5.) Do I spend the rest of the time in India, or since I have to fly through amsterdam and have never been, should I spend Fri-Tue night in India and then Wed - Fri night in Amsterdam (fly back Saturday)
6.) Whether I have 5 nights or 8 in India which cities should I see if I am willing to fly around/travel and want to see as much of India as possible (i assume 2 cities if 5 nights and 3 if 8)
7.) Is there any danger in travelling around India alone
8.) I am looking to see both man-made India and natural/cultural.
9.) If I go to amsterdam, what should I see there?
10.) I could keep going with this, but generally India has always been very high on my list of places to visit, and I am looking for the best time possible. For now I would say I am not limited by budget.
7-10 Days in India: What to Do/See
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 2 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 3 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 4 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 5 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 6 Travel during China national week?
- 7 My trip report from the Philippines
- 8 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 9 China with Collette Tours
- 10 Exploring Thailand
- 11 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 12 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 13 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 14 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company
- 15 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 16 Buying cycling clothes in Bangkok
- 17 Ho Chi Minh Mekong delta, pnom penh
- 18 Back from Kyoto, Koyasan, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kyushu. Questions welcome!
- 19 K.L. Ideas on Hotel so on.
- 20 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 21 How would you organize this itinerary?
- 22 Experience using River Mekong or SST travel agencies?
- 23 Japan in December
- 24 Places to visit in India in October
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)