I will be taking a business trip in India sometime in Late in September-Early November. I have never been to India and I am trying to determine the best trip. I will actually be travelling for roughly 3 weeks. I will be spending 2 weeks working in Gurgaon, and then want to take the final week for vacation. My initial plan is below, and I have a million questions and looking for any ideas/tips. Thanks in advance, and Sorry for the long post!
FYI - I will be traveling alone and I'm a male in my mid-20's
Plan & Questions
1.) Plan to go as late into October as possible (for weather)
2.) Spend 2 working weeks in Gurgaon
A. Will be with my India team while in Gurgaon, so will see everything I can while there, but generally everything there should be taken care of for me
B. While I'm sure my co-workers there will give me plenty of ideas for Gurgaon, let me know of any additional things to see while there
3.) Figure since I am in Gurgaon I will take the weekend between my two work weeks to go to Delhi for two nights (Is two nights enough to see Delhi?)
4.) After my second week I want to spend the next 8 nights/7 days traveling (here's where I really have questions)
5.) Do I spend the rest of the time in India, or since I have to fly through amsterdam and have never been, should I spend Fri-Tue night in India and then Wed - Fri night in Amsterdam (fly back Saturday)
6.) Whether I have 5 nights or 8 in India which cities should I see if I am willing to fly around/travel and want to see as much of India as possible (i assume 2 cities if 5 nights and 3 if 8)
7.) Is there any danger in travelling around India alone
8.) I am looking to see both man-made India and natural/cultural.
9.) If I go to amsterdam, what should I see there?
10.) I could keep going with this, but generally India has always been very high on my list of places to visit, and I am looking for the best time possible. For now I would say I am not limited by budget.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 2 Siya a hot Indian Escort in Mumbai
- 3 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 4 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 5 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 6 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 7 Japanese art
- 8 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 9 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Seoul Searching Questions
- 11 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 12 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 13 First time to SEA
- 14 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 15 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 16 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 17 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 18 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 19 Hakone station confusion
- 20 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 21 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 22 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 23 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 24 Backstreet Academy
- 25 Travelling in China during the summer period