I will be taking a business trip in India sometime in Late in September-Early November. I have never been to India and I am trying to determine the best trip. I will actually be travelling for roughly 3 weeks. I will be spending 2 weeks working in Gurgaon, and then want to take the final week for vacation. My initial plan is below, and I have a million questions and looking for any ideas/tips. Thanks in advance, and Sorry for the long post!
FYI - I will be traveling alone and I'm a male in my mid-20's
Plan & Questions
1.) Plan to go as late into October as possible (for weather)
2.) Spend 2 working weeks in Gurgaon
A. Will be with my India team while in Gurgaon, so will see everything I can while there, but generally everything there should be taken care of for me
B. While I'm sure my co-workers there will give me plenty of ideas for Gurgaon, let me know of any additional things to see while there
3.) Figure since I am in Gurgaon I will take the weekend between my two work weeks to go to Delhi for two nights (Is two nights enough to see Delhi?)
4.) After my second week I want to spend the next 8 nights/7 days traveling (here's where I really have questions)
5.) Do I spend the rest of the time in India, or since I have to fly through amsterdam and have never been, should I spend Fri-Tue night in India and then Wed - Fri night in Amsterdam (fly back Saturday)
6.) Whether I have 5 nights or 8 in India which cities should I see if I am willing to fly around/travel and want to see as much of India as possible (i assume 2 cities if 5 nights and 3 if 8)
7.) Is there any danger in travelling around India alone
8.) I am looking to see both man-made India and natural/cultural.
9.) If I go to amsterdam, what should I see there?
10.) I could keep going with this, but generally India has always been very high on my list of places to visit, and I am looking for the best time possible. For now I would say I am not limited by budget.
7-10 Days in India: What to Do/See
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 2 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 3 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 4 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 5 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 9 How safe is Delhi/India
- 10 Malaria
- 11 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 12 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 13 Vietnam and coffee
- 14 I'm going to Japan!
- 15 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 16 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 17 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 18 Cherry blossom
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?