I will be taking a business trip in India sometime in Late in September-Early November. I have never been to India and I am trying to determine the best trip. I will actually be travelling for roughly 3 weeks. I will be spending 2 weeks working in Gurgaon, and then want to take the final week for vacation. My initial plan is below, and I have a million questions and looking for any ideas/tips. Thanks in advance, and Sorry for the long post!
FYI - I will be traveling alone and I'm a male in my mid-20's
Plan & Questions
1.) Plan to go as late into October as possible (for weather)
2.) Spend 2 working weeks in Gurgaon
A. Will be with my India team while in Gurgaon, so will see everything I can while there, but generally everything there should be taken care of for me
B. While I'm sure my co-workers there will give me plenty of ideas for Gurgaon, let me know of any additional things to see while there
3.) Figure since I am in Gurgaon I will take the weekend between my two work weeks to go to Delhi for two nights (Is two nights enough to see Delhi?)
4.) After my second week I want to spend the next 8 nights/7 days traveling (here's where I really have questions)
5.) Do I spend the rest of the time in India, or since I have to fly through amsterdam and have never been, should I spend Fri-Tue night in India and then Wed - Fri night in Amsterdam (fly back Saturday)
6.) Whether I have 5 nights or 8 in India which cities should I see if I am willing to fly around/travel and want to see as much of India as possible (i assume 2 cities if 5 nights and 3 if 8)
7.) Is there any danger in travelling around India alone
8.) I am looking to see both man-made India and natural/cultural.
9.) If I go to amsterdam, what should I see there?
10.) I could keep going with this, but generally India has always been very high on my list of places to visit, and I am looking for the best time possible. For now I would say I am not limited by budget.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy passports id cards driving license whatsapp+447404579759
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 A beach of choice on Samui
- 4 First time trip to Japan questions
- 5 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 6 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 7 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 10 Travel India solo
- 11 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 13 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 14 North India Itinerary advice
- 15 Indonesia travel agent
- 16 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 17 Osaka, aquarium?
- 18 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 19 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 20 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 21 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 22 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 23 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 24 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 25 Bangkok Taxis