I will be taking a business trip in India sometime in Late in September-Early November. I have never been to India and I am trying to determine the best trip. I will actually be travelling for roughly 3 weeks. I will be spending 2 weeks working in Gurgaon, and then want to take the final week for vacation. My initial plan is below, and I have a million questions and looking for any ideas/tips. Thanks in advance, and Sorry for the long post!
FYI - I will be traveling alone and I'm a male in my mid-20's
Plan & Questions
1.) Plan to go as late into October as possible (for weather)
2.) Spend 2 working weeks in Gurgaon
A. Will be with my India team while in Gurgaon, so will see everything I can while there, but generally everything there should be taken care of for me
B. While I'm sure my co-workers there will give me plenty of ideas for Gurgaon, let me know of any additional things to see while there
3.) Figure since I am in Gurgaon I will take the weekend between my two work weeks to go to Delhi for two nights (Is two nights enough to see Delhi?)
4.) After my second week I want to spend the next 8 nights/7 days traveling (here's where I really have questions)
5.) Do I spend the rest of the time in India, or since I have to fly through amsterdam and have never been, should I spend Fri-Tue night in India and then Wed - Fri night in Amsterdam (fly back Saturday)
6.) Whether I have 5 nights or 8 in India which cities should I see if I am willing to fly around/travel and want to see as much of India as possible (i assume 2 cities if 5 nights and 3 if 8)
7.) Is there any danger in travelling around India alone
8.) I am looking to see both man-made India and natural/cultural.
9.) If I go to amsterdam, what should I see there?
10.) I could keep going with this, but generally India has always been very high on my list of places to visit, and I am looking for the best time possible. For now I would say I am not limited by budget.
7-10 Days in India: What to Do/See
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 2 Finding flights and hotels globally
- 3 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 4 Mekong River Cruises
- 5 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 6 16 days in Vietnam
- 7 Nancy Chandler maps
- 8 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 9 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 10 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 11 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 12 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 13 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 14 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 15 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 16 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 17 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 18 Help re. Visa.
- 19 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 20 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 21 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 22 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 23 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 24 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 25 Advice on Tipping in Bali