I will be taking a business trip in India sometime in Late in September-Early November. I have never been to India and I am trying to determine the best trip. I will actually be travelling for roughly 3 weeks. I will be spending 2 weeks working in Gurgaon, and then want to take the final week for vacation. My initial plan is below, and I have a million questions and looking for any ideas/tips. Thanks in advance, and Sorry for the long post!
FYI - I will be traveling alone and I'm a male in my mid-20's
Plan & Questions
1.) Plan to go as late into October as possible (for weather)
2.) Spend 2 working weeks in Gurgaon
A. Will be with my India team while in Gurgaon, so will see everything I can while there, but generally everything there should be taken care of for me
B. While I'm sure my co-workers there will give me plenty of ideas for Gurgaon, let me know of any additional things to see while there
3.) Figure since I am in Gurgaon I will take the weekend between my two work weeks to go to Delhi for two nights (Is two nights enough to see Delhi?)
4.) After my second week I want to spend the next 8 nights/7 days traveling (here's where I really have questions)
5.) Do I spend the rest of the time in India, or since I have to fly through amsterdam and have never been, should I spend Fri-Tue night in India and then Wed - Fri night in Amsterdam (fly back Saturday)
6.) Whether I have 5 nights or 8 in India which cities should I see if I am willing to fly around/travel and want to see as much of India as possible (i assume 2 cities if 5 nights and 3 if 8)
7.) Is there any danger in travelling around India alone
8.) I am looking to see both man-made India and natural/cultural.
9.) If I go to amsterdam, what should I see there?
10.) I could keep going with this, but generally India has always been very high on my list of places to visit, and I am looking for the best time possible. For now I would say I am not limited by budget.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India in March and April??
- 2 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 3 Datong in Winter
- 4 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 5 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 6 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 7 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 8 Japan- National Holiday
- 9 Planning a trek to Sikkim amid 16-21 of December 2016
- 10 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 11 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 12 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 13 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 14 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 15 India Safari 2017
- 16 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 17 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 18 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 19 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 20 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 21 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 22 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 23 Rishikesh, India
- 24 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 25 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees