I will be taking a business trip in India sometime in Late in September-Early November. I have never been to India and I am trying to determine the best trip. I will actually be travelling for roughly 3 weeks. I will be spending 2 weeks working in Gurgaon, and then want to take the final week for vacation. My initial plan is below, and I have a million questions and looking for any ideas/tips. Thanks in advance, and Sorry for the long post!
FYI - I will be traveling alone and I'm a male in my mid-20's
Plan & Questions
1.) Plan to go as late into October as possible (for weather)
2.) Spend 2 working weeks in Gurgaon
A. Will be with my India team while in Gurgaon, so will see everything I can while there, but generally everything there should be taken care of for me
B. While I'm sure my co-workers there will give me plenty of ideas for Gurgaon, let me know of any additional things to see while there
3.) Figure since I am in Gurgaon I will take the weekend between my two work weeks to go to Delhi for two nights (Is two nights enough to see Delhi?)
4.) After my second week I want to spend the next 8 nights/7 days traveling (here's where I really have questions)
5.) Do I spend the rest of the time in India, or since I have to fly through amsterdam and have never been, should I spend Fri-Tue night in India and then Wed - Fri night in Amsterdam (fly back Saturday)
6.) Whether I have 5 nights or 8 in India which cities should I see if I am willing to fly around/travel and want to see as much of India as possible (i assume 2 cities if 5 nights and 3 if 8)
7.) Is there any danger in travelling around India alone
8.) I am looking to see both man-made India and natural/cultural.
9.) If I go to amsterdam, what should I see there?
10.) I could keep going with this, but generally India has always been very high on my list of places to visit, and I am looking for the best time possible. For now I would say I am not limited by budget.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 2 SW CHINA itinerary - Advise PLEASE!
- 3 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 4 10-hr layover in Tokyo this Friday, new to JPN
- 5 Bangkok, day tours.
- 6 Recommendation of a hotel in Hong Kong and Macau
- 7 Bangkok, Angkor, Hanoi: Questions
- 8 Looking for a hotel in Singapore, what areas should I avoid?
- 9 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 10 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 11 Indonesia, Hello Bali
- 12 Kyushu in late September
- 13 Georgia e-visa application
- 14 Help on Planning my next year itinerary
- 15 Bangkok, buffet restaurants.
- 16 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 17 My First India Trip
- 18 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 19 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 20 Is luggage check through available between silk air and air china
- 21 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 22 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 23 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 24 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 25 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures