I plan on hitting Sth East Asia for 6wks in early July/mid-Aug. I've never been to that part of the world and have no idea how best to plan the trip. I was thinking Hong Kong-Singapore-Hanoi- travel down with some stop offs-HCMC-Cambodia-Bangkok-ChangMai-Koh Sumi-Bangkok-HK-Home (Dublin)
Not sure of HK is realistic, just seems like a cool city to visit! But might be more cost effective to fly in and out of either Bangkok or Singapore. My main focus is Vietnam & Thailand.
I was told stay on the east coast of Thailand as it'll be rainy season.
I've looked at Air Asia and they seem v reasonable. Not sure if it's realistic to bus it down through Vietnam and into Cambodia. I have 6wks, but need to keep the costs down as I plan on meeting my other half in Thailand for the last leg of the trip to party/relax in the sun, and maybe splash out on some nice accom!
Does anyone have any advice or tips on the above? I'm only starting to look into it all now!
Thanks a mil!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 2 Need Help for the itinerary
- 3 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 4 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 5 Hotel in Hanoi
- 6 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 7 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 8 12 days in Japan
- 9 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 10 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 11 Tigerwalah Experience
- 12 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 13 Where best to stay in Penang
- 14 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 15 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 16 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 17 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 18 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 19 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 20 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 21 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 22 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 23 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 24 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 25 Private guide and driver for India