I plan on hitting Sth East Asia for 6wks in early July/mid-Aug. I've never been to that part of the world and have no idea how best to plan the trip. I was thinking Hong Kong-Singapore-Hanoi- travel down with some stop offs-HCMC-Cambodia-Bangkok-ChangMai-Koh Sumi-Bangkok-HK-Home (Dublin)
Not sure of HK is realistic, just seems like a cool city to visit! But might be more cost effective to fly in and out of either Bangkok or Singapore. My main focus is Vietnam & Thailand.
I was told stay on the east coast of Thailand as it'll be rainy season.
I've looked at Air Asia and they seem v reasonable. Not sure if it's realistic to bus it down through Vietnam and into Cambodia. I have 6wks, but need to keep the costs down as I plan on meeting my other half in Thailand for the last leg of the trip to party/relax in the sun, and maybe splash out on some nice accom!
Does anyone have any advice or tips on the above? I'm only starting to look into it all now!
Thanks a mil!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 2 First time trip to Japan questions
- 3 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 4 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 5 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 6 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 7 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 8 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 9 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 10 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 11 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 12 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 13 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 14 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 15 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 16 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 17 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 18 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 19 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 20 Honeymoon in Bali
- 21 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 22 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 23 India E Tourist Visa
- 24 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 25 Choosing destination while travelling with infant