I plan on hitting Sth East Asia for 6wks in early July/mid-Aug. I've never been to that part of the world and have no idea how best to plan the trip. I was thinking Hong Kong-Singapore-Hanoi- travel down with some stop offs-HCMC-Cambodia-Bangkok-ChangMai-Koh Sumi-Bangkok-HK-Home (Dublin)
Not sure of HK is realistic, just seems like a cool city to visit! But might be more cost effective to fly in and out of either Bangkok or Singapore. My main focus is Vietnam & Thailand.
I was told stay on the east coast of Thailand as it'll be rainy season.
I've looked at Air Asia and they seem v reasonable. Not sure if it's realistic to bus it down through Vietnam and into Cambodia. I have 6wks, but need to keep the costs down as I plan on meeting my other half in Thailand for the last leg of the trip to party/relax in the sun, and maybe splash out on some nice accom!
Does anyone have any advice or tips on the above? I'm only starting to look into it all now!
Thanks a mil!
6wks in South East Asia for a First Timer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 2 Myanmar River Cruises
- 3 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 4 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 5 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 6 Photos from India!
- 7 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 8 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 9 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 10 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 11 How to handle cash in Japan
- 12 Great Wall hike
- 13 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 14 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 15 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 16 Six days in Hong Kong
- 17 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 18 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 19 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 20 Storing photos while traveling
- 21 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 22 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 23 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 24 BANGKOK HOTELS
- 25 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau