I plan on hitting Sth East Asia for 6wks in early July/mid-Aug. I've never been to that part of the world and have no idea how best to plan the trip. I was thinking Hong Kong-Singapore-Hanoi- travel down with some stop offs-HCMC-Cambodia-Bangkok-ChangMai-Koh Sumi-Bangkok-HK-Home (Dublin)
Not sure of HK is realistic, just seems like a cool city to visit! But might be more cost effective to fly in and out of either Bangkok or Singapore. My main focus is Vietnam & Thailand.
I was told stay on the east coast of Thailand as it'll be rainy season.
I've looked at Air Asia and they seem v reasonable. Not sure if it's realistic to bus it down through Vietnam and into Cambodia. I have 6wks, but need to keep the costs down as I plan on meeting my other half in Thailand for the last leg of the trip to party/relax in the sun, and maybe splash out on some nice accom!
Does anyone have any advice or tips on the above? I'm only starting to look into it all now!
Thanks a mil!
6wks in South East Asia for a First Timer
- 1 Travel Insurance
- 2 South East Asia
- 3 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 4 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 5 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 6 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 7 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 8 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 9 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 10 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 11 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 12 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 13 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 14 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 15 1 week Philippines
- 16 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 17 Japan: best time to go?
- 18 Magical India
- 19 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 20 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 21 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 22 SALAY from BAGAN
- 23 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 24 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 25 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.