I plan on hitting Sth East Asia for 6wks in early July/mid-Aug. I've never been to that part of the world and have no idea how best to plan the trip. I was thinking Hong Kong-Singapore-Hanoi- travel down with some stop offs-HCMC-Cambodia-Bangkok-ChangMai-Koh Sumi-Bangkok-HK-Home (Dublin)
Not sure of HK is realistic, just seems like a cool city to visit! But might be more cost effective to fly in and out of either Bangkok or Singapore. My main focus is Vietnam & Thailand.
I was told stay on the east coast of Thailand as it'll be rainy season.
I've looked at Air Asia and they seem v reasonable. Not sure if it's realistic to bus it down through Vietnam and into Cambodia. I have 6wks, but need to keep the costs down as I plan on meeting my other half in Thailand for the last leg of the trip to party/relax in the sun, and maybe splash out on some nice accom!
Does anyone have any advice or tips on the above? I'm only starting to look into it all now!
Thanks a mil!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please help us with planning a Silk Road tour in China 2017
- 2 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 3 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 4 Vietnam visa
- 5 Vietnam visa debate
- 6 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 7 Silk Road Tour - China
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 India Tour Companies
- 14 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Japan rough itinerary
- 17 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 18 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 21 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 24 Japan - costs
- 25 Japan for Foodies