I plan on hitting Sth East Asia for 6wks in early July/mid-Aug. I've never been to that part of the world and have no idea how best to plan the trip. I was thinking Hong Kong-Singapore-Hanoi- travel down with some stop offs-HCMC-Cambodia-Bangkok-ChangMai-Koh Sumi-Bangkok-HK-Home (Dublin)
Not sure of HK is realistic, just seems like a cool city to visit! But might be more cost effective to fly in and out of either Bangkok or Singapore. My main focus is Vietnam & Thailand.
I was told stay on the east coast of Thailand as it'll be rainy season.
I've looked at Air Asia and they seem v reasonable. Not sure if it's realistic to bus it down through Vietnam and into Cambodia. I have 6wks, but need to keep the costs down as I plan on meeting my other half in Thailand for the last leg of the trip to party/relax in the sun, and maybe splash out on some nice accom!
Does anyone have any advice or tips on the above? I'm only starting to look into it all now!
Thanks a mil!
6wks in South East Asia for a First Timer
- 1 Golden Triangle - To Hire a Car and Driver or Not???
- 2 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 3 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 4 where NOT to eat sharks fin in Thailand
- 5 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 6 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 7 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 8 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 9 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 10 Kashmir or Nepal
- 11 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 12 Wildlife Tour of India
- 13 Cell Phones in India
- 14 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 15 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 16 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 17 white sand beaches in thailand
- 18 Udaipur, India
- 19 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 20 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 21 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 22 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 23 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 24 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 25 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!