I plan on hitting Sth East Asia for 6wks in early July/mid-Aug. I've never been to that part of the world and have no idea how best to plan the trip. I was thinking Hong Kong-Singapore-Hanoi- travel down with some stop offs-HCMC-Cambodia-Bangkok-ChangMai-Koh Sumi-Bangkok-HK-Home (Dublin)
Not sure of HK is realistic, just seems like a cool city to visit! But might be more cost effective to fly in and out of either Bangkok or Singapore. My main focus is Vietnam & Thailand.
I was told stay on the east coast of Thailand as it'll be rainy season.
I've looked at Air Asia and they seem v reasonable. Not sure if it's realistic to bus it down through Vietnam and into Cambodia. I have 6wks, but need to keep the costs down as I plan on meeting my other half in Thailand for the last leg of the trip to party/relax in the sun, and maybe splash out on some nice accom!
Does anyone have any advice or tips on the above? I'm only starting to look into it all now!
Thanks a mil!
6wks in South East Asia for a First Timer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 2 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 3 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 4 Japan in December
- 5 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 6 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 7 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 India Add-on
- 10 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 11 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 12 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 13 Travel during China national week?
- 14 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 15 Phuket
- 16 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 17 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 18 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 19 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 20 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 21 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 22 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 23 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 24 India, What Can I Say!
- 25 Honeymoon in Nha Trang