I plan on hitting Sth East Asia for 6wks in early July/mid-Aug. I've never been to that part of the world and have no idea how best to plan the trip. I was thinking Hong Kong-Singapore-Hanoi- travel down with some stop offs-HCMC-Cambodia-Bangkok-ChangMai-Koh Sumi-Bangkok-HK-Home (Dublin)
Not sure of HK is realistic, just seems like a cool city to visit! But might be more cost effective to fly in and out of either Bangkok or Singapore. My main focus is Vietnam & Thailand.
I was told stay on the east coast of Thailand as it'll be rainy season.
I've looked at Air Asia and they seem v reasonable. Not sure if it's realistic to bus it down through Vietnam and into Cambodia. I have 6wks, but need to keep the costs down as I plan on meeting my other half in Thailand for the last leg of the trip to party/relax in the sun, and maybe splash out on some nice accom!
Does anyone have any advice or tips on the above? I'm only starting to look into it all now!
Thanks a mil!
6wks in South East Asia for a First Timer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 2 Malaysian honeymoon
- 3 Beach selection in Thailand
- 4 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 5 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 6 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 7 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 8 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 9 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 10 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 12 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 13 India - 2 Days only
- 14 Burma river cruise
- 15 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 16 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 17 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 18 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 19 Travel during China national week?
- 20 My trip report from the Philippines
- 21 China with Collette Tours
- 22 Exploring Thailand
- 23 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 24 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 25 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company