I plan on hitting Sth East Asia for 6wks in early July/mid-Aug. I've never been to that part of the world and have no idea how best to plan the trip. I was thinking Hong Kong-Singapore-Hanoi- travel down with some stop offs-HCMC-Cambodia-Bangkok-ChangMai-Koh Sumi-Bangkok-HK-Home (Dublin)
Not sure of HK is realistic, just seems like a cool city to visit! But might be more cost effective to fly in and out of either Bangkok or Singapore. My main focus is Vietnam & Thailand.
I was told stay on the east coast of Thailand as it'll be rainy season.
I've looked at Air Asia and they seem v reasonable. Not sure if it's realistic to bus it down through Vietnam and into Cambodia. I have 6wks, but need to keep the costs down as I plan on meeting my other half in Thailand for the last leg of the trip to party/relax in the sun, and maybe splash out on some nice accom!
Does anyone have any advice or tips on the above? I'm only starting to look into it all now!
Thanks a mil!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 2 5 weeks in Japan
- 3 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 4 Family Trip to Japan
- 5 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 6 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 7 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 8 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 9 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 10 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 11 New Member
- 12 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 13 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 14 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 15 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 16 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 17 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 18 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 20 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 21 Lodge in Borneo
- 22 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 23 China and Japan help
- 24 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 25 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015