I plan on hitting Sth East Asia for 6wks in early July/mid-Aug. I've never been to that part of the world and have no idea how best to plan the trip. I was thinking Hong Kong-Singapore-Hanoi- travel down with some stop offs-HCMC-Cambodia-Bangkok-ChangMai-Koh Sumi-Bangkok-HK-Home (Dublin)
Not sure of HK is realistic, just seems like a cool city to visit! But might be more cost effective to fly in and out of either Bangkok or Singapore. My main focus is Vietnam & Thailand.
I was told stay on the east coast of Thailand as it'll be rainy season.
I've looked at Air Asia and they seem v reasonable. Not sure if it's realistic to bus it down through Vietnam and into Cambodia. I have 6wks, but need to keep the costs down as I plan on meeting my other half in Thailand for the last leg of the trip to party/relax in the sun, and maybe splash out on some nice accom!
Does anyone have any advice or tips on the above? I'm only starting to look into it all now!
Thanks a mil!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 2 Malaysia travel route help!
- 3 3 weeks itinerary China
- 4 Just back from Sabah, Borneo -- Trip report!!!
- 5 Yangon Made Easy
- 6 hanoi eats
- 7 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 8 A train ride through Java
- 9 JAPANiCAN.com
- 10 Hakone Volcano Warning
- 11 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 12 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 13 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 14 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 15 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 16 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 17 New Delhi - What to see?
- 18 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 19 Travel in Kyushu.
- 20 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 21 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 22 Bicycle riding required?
- 23 Castle & King tour questions
- 24 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 25 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia