I'm Chelsea, 22, from the UK,
looking to travel to Asia Dec 2013 for 6 months
I will be travelling with my partner,
have already travelled Australia, last year, completely blew my money as ridiculously expensive, so my thoughts turned to Asia.
I'm looking at being in Bangkok for Christmas and then travelling onward but would like to spend a lot of time in Thailand, I know there is a rule of no more than 90 days in 180 day period, but other travelling websites have mentioned travellers having 3 x 60 day visas,
if anyone could shed any light on this would be brilliant
as I was looking to first of all spend about 4 months in Thailand, I really want to immerse myself in the culture of the country.
I'm also looking to travel to Malaysia & Singapore, possible Indonesia, but I'm not sure how expensive that will be as kind find much evidence of backpackers travelling that route.
thinking Cambodia, Vietnam & possibly Laos, was maybe thinking India, but was unsure as I only have 6 months,
I wanted to start and end in Thailand,
wondered if anyone else had done a trip anything like this? or if that had any thoughts or tips for me?
we've decided to only take one bigger backpack and one normal size, this way valuables will always be kept on us if travelling by bus etc. as I've heard from friends and other sites they often have to be put on top, or at the back out of sight.
Thanks is advance, Look forward to hearing from you
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 3 For: Crellston
- 4 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 5 Snapshots From Kerala
- 6 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 7 Bangkok in April?!?
- 8 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 9 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 10 My visit to Thailand
- 11 India Trip Report
- 12 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 13 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 14 My visit to Cambodia
- 15 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 16 New Member
- 17 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 18 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 19 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 20 My visit to Vietnam
- 21 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 23 Japn tour 10 nights
- 24 5 weeks in Japan
- 25 Family Trip to Japan