I'm Chelsea, 22, from the UK,
looking to travel to Asia Dec 2013 for 6 months
I will be travelling with my partner,
have already travelled Australia, last year, completely blew my money as ridiculously expensive, so my thoughts turned to Asia.
I'm looking at being in Bangkok for Christmas and then travelling onward but would like to spend a lot of time in Thailand, I know there is a rule of no more than 90 days in 180 day period, but other travelling websites have mentioned travellers having 3 x 60 day visas,
if anyone could shed any light on this would be brilliant
as I was looking to first of all spend about 4 months in Thailand, I really want to immerse myself in the culture of the country.
I'm also looking to travel to Malaysia & Singapore, possible Indonesia, but I'm not sure how expensive that will be as kind find much evidence of backpackers travelling that route.
thinking Cambodia, Vietnam & possibly Laos, was maybe thinking India, but was unsure as I only have 6 months,
I wanted to start and end in Thailand,
wondered if anyone else had done a trip anything like this? or if that had any thoughts or tips for me?
we've decided to only take one bigger backpack and one normal size, this way valuables will always be kept on us if travelling by bus etc. as I've heard from friends and other sites they often have to be put on top, or at the back out of sight.
Thanks is advance, Look forward to hearing from you
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Art Classes for Young Artist by Wajid Khan Artist
- 2 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 3 Myanmar
- 4 First China visit - bringing in my prescriptions.
- 5 Japan then Bali - Where to Fly In & Out?
- 6 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 7 Suggest places in Uttarakhand
- 8 Toraja
- 9 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 10 Our second Japan trip
- 11 Anyone used Tours China (www.tourschina.com)?
- 12 Visa for Vietnam for Canadians
- 13 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 14 Winter Hokkaido Trip
- 15 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 16 RHK's Fall escape
- 17 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 18 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 19 Hike to summit of Mount Kinabalu
- 20 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 21 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 22 Bandhavgarh National Park - Garhwal Himalayan Expedition
- 23 Transportation to mt koya-san from Osaka
- 24 Tokyo and Kyoto in one week
- 25 Thailand Assistance