I'm Chelsea, 22, from the UK,
looking to travel to Asia Dec 2013 for 6 months
I will be travelling with my partner,
have already travelled Australia, last year, completely blew my money as ridiculously expensive, so my thoughts turned to Asia.
I'm looking at being in Bangkok for Christmas and then travelling onward but would like to spend a lot of time in Thailand, I know there is a rule of no more than 90 days in 180 day period, but other travelling websites have mentioned travellers having 3 x 60 day visas,
if anyone could shed any light on this would be brilliant
as I was looking to first of all spend about 4 months in Thailand, I really want to immerse myself in the culture of the country.
I'm also looking to travel to Malaysia & Singapore, possible Indonesia, but I'm not sure how expensive that will be as kind find much evidence of backpackers travelling that route.
thinking Cambodia, Vietnam & possibly Laos, was maybe thinking India, but was unsure as I only have 6 months,
I wanted to start and end in Thailand,
wondered if anyone else had done a trip anything like this? or if that had any thoughts or tips for me?
we've decided to only take one bigger backpack and one normal size, this way valuables will always be kept on us if travelling by bus etc. as I've heard from friends and other sites they often have to be put on top, or at the back out of sight.
Thanks is advance, Look forward to hearing from you
6 Months In Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 2 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 3 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 4 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 5 Indonesian visa update
- 6 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 7 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 10 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 11 Vietnam October 2014
- 12 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 13 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 14 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 15 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 16 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 17 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 18 3 days in Teheran
- 19 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 20 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 21 Myranmar VISA
- 22 new visa fees for Indonesia as of mid-July, 2014
- 23 slightly... paranoid parent
- 24 Takayama vs. Matsumoto
- 25 Craig and Jeane Visit the Last Shangri La: Bhutan 2012