I'm Chelsea, 22, from the UK,
looking to travel to Asia Dec 2013 for 6 months
I will be travelling with my partner,
have already travelled Australia, last year, completely blew my money as ridiculously expensive, so my thoughts turned to Asia.
I'm looking at being in Bangkok for Christmas and then travelling onward but would like to spend a lot of time in Thailand, I know there is a rule of no more than 90 days in 180 day period, but other travelling websites have mentioned travellers having 3 x 60 day visas,
if anyone could shed any light on this would be brilliant
as I was looking to first of all spend about 4 months in Thailand, I really want to immerse myself in the culture of the country.
I'm also looking to travel to Malaysia & Singapore, possible Indonesia, but I'm not sure how expensive that will be as kind find much evidence of backpackers travelling that route.
thinking Cambodia, Vietnam & possibly Laos, was maybe thinking India, but was unsure as I only have 6 months,
I wanted to start and end in Thailand,
wondered if anyone else had done a trip anything like this? or if that had any thoughts or tips for me?
we've decided to only take one bigger backpack and one normal size, this way valuables will always be kept on us if travelling by bus etc. as I've heard from friends and other sites they often have to be put on top, or at the back out of sight.
Thanks is advance, Look forward to hearing from you
6 Months In Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sightseeing suggestions for Manila
- 2 My trip report from the Philippines
- 3 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 4 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 5 Art in Shanghai
- 6 One week in Thailand
- 7 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 8 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 9 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 10 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 11 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 12 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 13 Where to Play Basketball In Phuket
- 14 Cebu/Bohol - where to stay, how to see Chocolate Hills
- 15 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 16 Thailand mid-December
- 17 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 18 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 19 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 20 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 21 What I like about Mumbai
- 22 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 23 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 24 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 25 Indian visa