I'm Chelsea, 22, from the UK,
looking to travel to Asia Dec 2013 for 6 months
I will be travelling with my partner,
have already travelled Australia, last year, completely blew my money as ridiculously expensive, so my thoughts turned to Asia.
I'm looking at being in Bangkok for Christmas and then travelling onward but would like to spend a lot of time in Thailand, I know there is a rule of no more than 90 days in 180 day period, but other travelling websites have mentioned travellers having 3 x 60 day visas,
if anyone could shed any light on this would be brilliant
as I was looking to first of all spend about 4 months in Thailand, I really want to immerse myself in the culture of the country.
I'm also looking to travel to Malaysia & Singapore, possible Indonesia, but I'm not sure how expensive that will be as kind find much evidence of backpackers travelling that route.
thinking Cambodia, Vietnam & possibly Laos, was maybe thinking India, but was unsure as I only have 6 months,
I wanted to start and end in Thailand,
wondered if anyone else had done a trip anything like this? or if that had any thoughts or tips for me?
we've decided to only take one bigger backpack and one normal size, this way valuables will always be kept on us if travelling by bus etc. as I've heard from friends and other sites they often have to be put on top, or at the back out of sight.
Thanks is advance, Look forward to hearing from you
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 2 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 3 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 4 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 5 First trip to Japan
- 6 Immigration/customs Turkey to Pakistan
- 7 June 4-10 accommodations near Minzu University (Beijing)?
- 8 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 9 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 10 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 11 Best eats near Minzu University in Beijing? (June-August 2015 trip)
- 12 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 13 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 14 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 15 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 16 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 17 Northern India in June
- 18 Hakone Free Pass
- 19 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 20 OAT trip to India
- 21 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 22 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 23 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 24 Castle & King tour operator review
- 25 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?