I'm Chelsea, 22, from the UK,
looking to travel to Asia Dec 2013 for 6 months
I will be travelling with my partner,
have already travelled Australia, last year, completely blew my money as ridiculously expensive, so my thoughts turned to Asia.
I'm looking at being in Bangkok for Christmas and then travelling onward but would like to spend a lot of time in Thailand, I know there is a rule of no more than 90 days in 180 day period, but other travelling websites have mentioned travellers having 3 x 60 day visas,
if anyone could shed any light on this would be brilliant
as I was looking to first of all spend about 4 months in Thailand, I really want to immerse myself in the culture of the country.
I'm also looking to travel to Malaysia & Singapore, possible Indonesia, but I'm not sure how expensive that will be as kind find much evidence of backpackers travelling that route.
thinking Cambodia, Vietnam & possibly Laos, was maybe thinking India, but was unsure as I only have 6 months,
I wanted to start and end in Thailand,
wondered if anyone else had done a trip anything like this? or if that had any thoughts or tips for me?
we've decided to only take one bigger backpack and one normal size, this way valuables will always be kept on us if travelling by bus etc. as I've heard from friends and other sites they often have to be put on top, or at the back out of sight.
Thanks is advance, Look forward to hearing from you
6 Months In Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 2 One week in Tokyo
- 3 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 4 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 5 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 6 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 7 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 8 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 9 china
- 10 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING THE PHILIPPINES
- 11 where to next after Nanjing 2014 youth olympic games
- 12 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 13 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 14 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 15 China - Personal recommendations
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 17 May 31st to June 13th, 2015 in Thailand, need help in itinerary
- 18 Exploring Taiwan off-the-beaten path and on a scooter
- 19 Vietnam and Angkor Wat, Cambodia: Need help organizing Itinerary
- 20 Burma river cruise
- 21 Driving in Laos
- 22 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 23 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 24 How would you organize this itinerary?
- 25 21 days thailand and vietnam