I plan on spending 6 full days (i.e. 6 nights) in Bangkok in May. (I will be flying to Manila --> Bangkok --> Hong Kong).
I just wanted to see if anyone thinks 6 full days is a good number of days to spend in Bangkok, or if it is too many. I see that fellow Fodorites do not seem to be that fond of Chiang Mai. I am curious to know if there are specific reasons why?
If I do not go anywhere else and just spend 6 full days in Bangkok, are there any specific day trips that you recommend? (I think there are no elephants near Bangkok, is this correct?)
According to wikitravel, they recommend the following day trips (are there any specific ones that I should consider more than the others?) For these day trips, I was just going to book them when I arrive in Bangkok. (Are there any specific tour operators I should stay away from?)
I have read through numerous Bangkok threads so far and feel quite overwhelmed because there is so much information. There seems to be so much to do in Bangkok! I am so excited for my trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong Trip planning
- 2 Malaria in Yangshuo/Guilin/Yunnan Province?
- 3 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 4 Japan: T-Mobile?
- 5 Japanese Alps
- 6 Wagha Border Ceremony
- 7 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 8 Help! Shanghai intern housing
- 9 Tiger Temple
- 10 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 11 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 12 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 13 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 14 Driving in Japan
- 15 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 16 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 17 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 18 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 19 First time trip to Japan questions
- 20 Laos in the end of June
- 21 Japan & WiFi
- 22 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 23 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 24 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 25 Hong Kong, Macau and ?