I plan on spending 6 full days (i.e. 6 nights) in Bangkok in May. (I will be flying to Manila --> Bangkok --> Hong Kong).
I just wanted to see if anyone thinks 6 full days is a good number of days to spend in Bangkok, or if it is too many. I see that fellow Fodorites do not seem to be that fond of Chiang Mai. I am curious to know if there are specific reasons why?
If I do not go anywhere else and just spend 6 full days in Bangkok, are there any specific day trips that you recommend? (I think there are no elephants near Bangkok, is this correct?)
According to wikitravel, they recommend the following day trips (are there any specific ones that I should consider more than the others?) For these day trips, I was just going to book them when I arrive in Bangkok. (Are there any specific tour operators I should stay away from?)
I have read through numerous Bangkok threads so far and feel quite overwhelmed because there is so much information. There seems to be so much to do in Bangkok! I am so excited for my trip
6 full days in Bangkok in May
- 1 Vietnam Itineray Please Help
- 2 Planning a trip to SE Asia- limited time!
- 3 My Best of Philippines Photo Album (500+ Pics)
- 4 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 5 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 6 Off on a Bangkok holiday once again!
- 7 Looking for help to plan trip to Vietnam
- 8 Safety in Malaysia
- 9 Anyone in Bangkok
- 10 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 11 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 12 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 13 Southern India
- 14 Exploring an abandoned village in Kazakhstan
- 15 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 16 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 17 Taking cash to Burma/Myanmar
- 18 ANA Dreamliner
- 19 Travel Oracles: Please Comment on My 6-week Asia Itinerary
- 20 Hello Guys! I am new here...
- 21 July Travel to Mongolia
- 22 Ten days travel - Bali, Kuala Lumpur, Angkor Wat and possibly Yangon
- 23 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 24 My Ridiculous 18 Hours in Beijing
- 25 Vietnam money