I plan on spending 6 full days (i.e. 6 nights) in Bangkok in May. (I will be flying to Manila --> Bangkok --> Hong Kong).
I just wanted to see if anyone thinks 6 full days is a good number of days to spend in Bangkok, or if it is too many. I see that fellow Fodorites do not seem to be that fond of Chiang Mai. I am curious to know if there are specific reasons why?
If I do not go anywhere else and just spend 6 full days in Bangkok, are there any specific day trips that you recommend? (I think there are no elephants near Bangkok, is this correct?)
According to wikitravel, they recommend the following day trips (are there any specific ones that I should consider more than the others?) For these day trips, I was just going to book them when I arrive in Bangkok. (Are there any specific tour operators I should stay away from?)
I have read through numerous Bangkok threads so far and feel quite overwhelmed because there is so much information. There seems to be so much to do in Bangkok! I am so excited for my trip
6 full days in Bangkok in May
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 hokkaido outskirts
- 2 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 3 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 4 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 5 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 6 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 7 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 8 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 9 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 10 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 11 July itinerary in Japan
- 12 India and Nepal 2014
- 13 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 14 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 15 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 16 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 17 How early do you get to get to the airport in Thailand?
- 18 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 19 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 20 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 21 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 22 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 23 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 24 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 25 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?