I plan on spending 6 full days (i.e. 6 nights) in Bangkok in May. (I will be flying to Manila --> Bangkok --> Hong Kong).
I just wanted to see if anyone thinks 6 full days is a good number of days to spend in Bangkok, or if it is too many. I see that fellow Fodorites do not seem to be that fond of Chiang Mai. I am curious to know if there are specific reasons why?
If I do not go anywhere else and just spend 6 full days in Bangkok, are there any specific day trips that you recommend? (I think there are no elephants near Bangkok, is this correct?)
According to wikitravel, they recommend the following day trips (are there any specific ones that I should consider more than the others?) For these day trips, I was just going to book them when I arrive in Bangkok. (Are there any specific tour operators I should stay away from?)
I have read through numerous Bangkok threads so far and feel quite overwhelmed because there is so much information. There seems to be so much to do in Bangkok! I am so excited for my trip
6 full days in Bangkok in May
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali - January 2015
- 2 2 week Japan itinerary
- 3 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 4 Visa Cambodia
- 5 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 6 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 7 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 8 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 9 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 10 Stop-over in Seoul
- 11 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 12 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 14 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 15 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 16 meeting at beijing airport
- 17 One week in Tokyo
- 18 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 19 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 20 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 21 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 22 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 23 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 24 Hotel in Singapore
- 25 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?