I plan on spending 6 full days (i.e. 6 nights) in Bangkok in May. (I will be flying to Manila --> Bangkok --> Hong Kong).
I just wanted to see if anyone thinks 6 full days is a good number of days to spend in Bangkok, or if it is too many. I see that fellow Fodorites do not seem to be that fond of Chiang Mai. I am curious to know if there are specific reasons why?
If I do not go anywhere else and just spend 6 full days in Bangkok, are there any specific day trips that you recommend? (I think there are no elephants near Bangkok, is this correct?)
According to wikitravel, they recommend the following day trips (are there any specific ones that I should consider more than the others?) For these day trips, I was just going to book them when I arrive in Bangkok. (Are there any specific tour operators I should stay away from?)
I have read through numerous Bangkok threads so far and feel quite overwhelmed because there is so much information. There seems to be so much to do in Bangkok! I am so excited for my trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 2 Totally unprepared
- 3 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 4 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 5 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 6 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 7 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 8 Rental Car Bali
- 9 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 10 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 11 Good Eats in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 14 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 15 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 16 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 17 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 18 Beggars in Siem Reap and Angkor
- 19 Some notes about South Korea
- 20 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 21 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 22 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 23 Burma itinerary critic.
- 24 Fabric shops in India
- 25 Japan Itinerary Help for April 2017