I plan on spending 6 full days (i.e. 6 nights) in Bangkok in May. (I will be flying to Manila --> Bangkok --> Hong Kong).
I just wanted to see if anyone thinks 6 full days is a good number of days to spend in Bangkok, or if it is too many. I see that fellow Fodorites do not seem to be that fond of Chiang Mai. I am curious to know if there are specific reasons why?
If I do not go anywhere else and just spend 6 full days in Bangkok, are there any specific day trips that you recommend? (I think there are no elephants near Bangkok, is this correct?)
According to wikitravel, they recommend the following day trips (are there any specific ones that I should consider more than the others?) For these day trips, I was just going to book them when I arrive in Bangkok. (Are there any specific tour operators I should stay away from?)
I have read through numerous Bangkok threads so far and feel quite overwhelmed because there is so much information. There seems to be so much to do in Bangkok! I am so excited for my trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 2 Brief trip to Rajasthan, feasability
- 3 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 4 Hoi An in December?
- 5 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 6 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 7 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 8 Bali airport transportation
- 9 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 10 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 11 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 12 Passport for Indonesia
- 13 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 14 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 15 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 16 Is this crazy?
- 17 Dollar traveller cheques
- 18 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 19 India help with where to go
- 20 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 21 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 22 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 23 Halong Bay cruise
- 24 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 25 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra