I plan on spending 6 full days (i.e. 6 nights) in Bangkok in May. (I will be flying to Manila --> Bangkok --> Hong Kong).
I just wanted to see if anyone thinks 6 full days is a good number of days to spend in Bangkok, or if it is too many. I see that fellow Fodorites do not seem to be that fond of Chiang Mai. I am curious to know if there are specific reasons why?
If I do not go anywhere else and just spend 6 full days in Bangkok, are there any specific day trips that you recommend? (I think there are no elephants near Bangkok, is this correct?)
According to wikitravel, they recommend the following day trips (are there any specific ones that I should consider more than the others?) For these day trips, I was just going to book them when I arrive in Bangkok. (Are there any specific tour operators I should stay away from?)
I have read through numerous Bangkok threads so far and feel quite overwhelmed because there is so much information. There seems to be so much to do in Bangkok! I am so excited for my trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 2 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 3 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 4 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 5 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 6 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 7 Society Registration
- 8 Private tours in Northern India
- 9 Tokyo hotel help
- 10 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 13 Beware of China Job, Study & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 14 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 15 Vietnam visa
- 16 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 17 Family Friendly Penang
- 18 Train trip costs help please
- 19 Weather forecast
- 20 Bali - What to do?
- 21 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 22 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 23 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 24 Sri Lanka advice
- 25 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback