I plan on spending 6 full days (i.e. 6 nights) in Bangkok in May. (I will be flying to Manila --> Bangkok --> Hong Kong).
I just wanted to see if anyone thinks 6 full days is a good number of days to spend in Bangkok, or if it is too many. I see that fellow Fodorites do not seem to be that fond of Chiang Mai. I am curious to know if there are specific reasons why?
If I do not go anywhere else and just spend 6 full days in Bangkok, are there any specific day trips that you recommend? (I think there are no elephants near Bangkok, is this correct?)
According to wikitravel, they recommend the following day trips (are there any specific ones that I should consider more than the others?) For these day trips, I was just going to book them when I arrive in Bangkok. (Are there any specific tour operators I should stay away from?)
I have read through numerous Bangkok threads so far and feel quite overwhelmed because there is so much information. There seems to be so much to do in Bangkok! I am so excited for my trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 2 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 3 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 4 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Trip Report : China
- 7 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 8 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 9 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 10 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Beijing tours
- 13 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 14 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 15 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 16 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 17 A great trip in India
- 18 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 19 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 20 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 21 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 22 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 23 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 24 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 25 Takayama trail, Japan