I plan on spending 6 full days (i.e. 6 nights) in Bangkok in May. (I will be flying to Manila --> Bangkok --> Hong Kong).
I just wanted to see if anyone thinks 6 full days is a good number of days to spend in Bangkok, or if it is too many. I see that fellow Fodorites do not seem to be that fond of Chiang Mai. I am curious to know if there are specific reasons why?
If I do not go anywhere else and just spend 6 full days in Bangkok, are there any specific day trips that you recommend? (I think there are no elephants near Bangkok, is this correct?)
According to wikitravel, they recommend the following day trips (are there any specific ones that I should consider more than the others?) For these day trips, I was just going to book them when I arrive in Bangkok. (Are there any specific tour operators I should stay away from?)
I have read through numerous Bangkok threads so far and feel quite overwhelmed because there is so much information. There seems to be so much to do in Bangkok! I am so excited for my trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam in January
- 2 4.5 days in Singapore
- 3 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 4 9 days in Bali
- 5 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 6 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 7 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 8 Where to Layover
- 9 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 10 2 weeks in Java
- 11 The Must-see temples in Bali!!
- 12 Saigon: French, War, Now Ho Chi Minh
- 13 Blooming chart in Japan
- 14 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 15 Layover in Hong Kong
- 16 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 17 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 18 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 19 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 20 Italy from an Asian base
- 21 Bus service in Nepal
- 22 Travel to India in May?
- 23 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 24 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 25 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions