I plan on spending 6 full days (i.e. 6 nights) in Bangkok in May. (I will be flying to Manila --> Bangkok --> Hong Kong).
I just wanted to see if anyone thinks 6 full days is a good number of days to spend in Bangkok, or if it is too many. I see that fellow Fodorites do not seem to be that fond of Chiang Mai. I am curious to know if there are specific reasons why?
If I do not go anywhere else and just spend 6 full days in Bangkok, are there any specific day trips that you recommend? (I think there are no elephants near Bangkok, is this correct?)
According to wikitravel, they recommend the following day trips (are there any specific ones that I should consider more than the others?) For these day trips, I was just going to book them when I arrive in Bangkok. (Are there any specific tour operators I should stay away from?)
I have read through numerous Bangkok threads so far and feel quite overwhelmed because there is so much information. There seems to be so much to do in Bangkok! I am so excited for my trip
6 full days in Bangkok in May
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 2 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 3 What I like about Mumbai
- 4 vietnam and laos
- 5 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 6 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 7 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 8 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 9 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 10 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 11 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 12 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 13 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 14 Connaught Place
- 15 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 16 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 17 Nepal- recipe?
- 18 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 19 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 20 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 21 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 22 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 23 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 24 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 25 My SEA trip - photos update