I plan on spending 6 full days (i.e. 6 nights) in Bangkok in May. (I will be flying to Manila --> Bangkok --> Hong Kong).
I just wanted to see if anyone thinks 6 full days is a good number of days to spend in Bangkok, or if it is too many. I see that fellow Fodorites do not seem to be that fond of Chiang Mai. I am curious to know if there are specific reasons why?
If I do not go anywhere else and just spend 6 full days in Bangkok, are there any specific day trips that you recommend? (I think there are no elephants near Bangkok, is this correct?)
According to wikitravel, they recommend the following day trips (are there any specific ones that I should consider more than the others?) For these day trips, I was just going to book them when I arrive in Bangkok. (Are there any specific tour operators I should stay away from?)
I have read through numerous Bangkok threads so far and feel quite overwhelmed because there is so much information. There seems to be so much to do in Bangkok! I am so excited for my trip
6 full days in Bangkok in May
- 1 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 2 escort service in Beijing?
- 3 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 4 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 5 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 6 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 7 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 8 Indian Visa
- 9 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 10 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 11 India Visa - Does TRAVISA handle dealing with BLS International?
- 12 Magical India
- 13 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 14 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 15 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 16 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 17 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 18 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"
- 19 ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM
- 20 Don't use World Expeditions
- 21 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 22 First time in Japan
- 23 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 24 Heyloo Hampi
- 25 Southern India