We are planning to spend Christmas in Phuket with our two kids (7 years old) and looking for things to do. We will be in a resort around Karon beach and prefer quieter beaches.
We will rent a car from the airport for the duration of our stay.
We might plan a day trip to Phi-Phi pr Phang-Nga Bay by boat. I hear that Phang-Nga is lot more scenic than Phi-Phi. Is this true.
Could you suggest some good boat tour operators which do not tend to overload their boats. I heard Simba is good.
Also considering Fantasea land - is it worth it or a bit over-hyped?
Any other place you would suggest with kids- nature, wildlife etc. I heard there are elephant safaris there as well.
Suggestions most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 2 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 3 Visiting China - must be tour
- 4 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 5 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 6 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 8 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 9 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 10 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 11 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 12 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 13 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 14 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 15 An island paradise?
- 16 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 17 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 18 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 19 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 20 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 21 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 22 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 23 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 24 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 25 Earthquake in Myanmar