We are planning to spend Christmas in Phuket with our two kids (7 years old) and looking for things to do. We will be in a resort around Karon beach and prefer quieter beaches.
We will rent a car from the airport for the duration of our stay.
We might plan a day trip to Phi-Phi pr Phang-Nga Bay by boat. I hear that Phang-Nga is lot more scenic than Phi-Phi. Is this true.
Could you suggest some good boat tour operators which do not tend to overload their boats. I heard Simba is good.
Also considering Fantasea land - is it worth it or a bit over-hyped?
Any other place you would suggest with kids- nature, wildlife etc. I heard there are elephant safaris there as well.
Suggestions most appreciated.
6 days in Phuket in Dec with 2 kids - suggestions pls
- 1 April in the Mekong Delta
- 2 India Visa application form question regarding retired applicant
- 3 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 4 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 5 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 6 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 7 introduce myself
- 8 independent travel in India
- 9 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 10 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 11 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 12 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 13 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 14 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 15 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 16 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 17 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 18 Magical India
- 19 geisha performance
- 20 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 21 Trip report China
- 22 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 23 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 24 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 25 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants