We are planning to spend Christmas in Phuket with our two kids (7 years old) and looking for things to do. We will be in a resort around Karon beach and prefer quieter beaches.
We will rent a car from the airport for the duration of our stay.
We might plan a day trip to Phi-Phi pr Phang-Nga Bay by boat. I hear that Phang-Nga is lot more scenic than Phi-Phi. Is this true.
Could you suggest some good boat tour operators which do not tend to overload their boats. I heard Simba is good.
Also considering Fantasea land - is it worth it or a bit over-hyped?
Any other place you would suggest with kids- nature, wildlife etc. I heard there are elephant safaris there as well.
Suggestions most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong Trip planning
- 2 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 3 Japan: T-Mobile?
- 4 Malaria in Yangshuo/Guilin/Yunnan Province?
- 5 Japanese Alps
- 6 Wagha Border Ceremony
- 7 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 8 Help! Shanghai intern housing
- 9 Tiger Temple
- 10 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 11 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 12 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 13 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 14 Driving in Japan
- 15 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 16 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 17 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 18 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 19 First time trip to Japan questions
- 20 Laos in the end of June
- 21 Japan & WiFi
- 22 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 23 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 24 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 25 Hong Kong, Macau and ?