We are planning to spend Christmas in Phuket with our two kids (7 years old) and looking for things to do. We will be in a resort around Karon beach and prefer quieter beaches.
We will rent a car from the airport for the duration of our stay.
We might plan a day trip to Phi-Phi pr Phang-Nga Bay by boat. I hear that Phang-Nga is lot more scenic than Phi-Phi. Is this true.
Could you suggest some good boat tour operators which do not tend to overload their boats. I heard Simba is good.
Also considering Fantasea land - is it worth it or a bit over-hyped?
Any other place you would suggest with kids- nature, wildlife etc. I heard there are elephant safaris there as well.
Suggestions most appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Our second Japan trip
- 2 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 3 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 4 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 5 Myanmar
- 6 First China visit - bringing in my prescriptions.
- 7 Japan then Bali - Where to Fly In & Out?
- 8 Suggest places in Uttarakhand
- 9 Toraja
- 10 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 11 Anyone used Tours China (www.tourschina.com)?
- 12 Visa for Vietnam for Canadians
- 13 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 14 Winter Hokkaido Trip
- 15 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 16 RHK's Fall escape
- 17 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 18 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 19 Hike to summit of Mount Kinabalu
- 20 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 21 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 22 Bandhavgarh National Park - Garhwal Himalayan Expedition
- 23 Transportation to mt koya-san from Osaka
- 24 Tokyo and Kyoto in one week
- 25 Thailand Assistance