We are planning to spend Christmas in Phuket with our two kids (7 years old) and looking for things to do. We will be in a resort around Karon beach and prefer quieter beaches.
We will rent a car from the airport for the duration of our stay.
We might plan a day trip to Phi-Phi pr Phang-Nga Bay by boat. I hear that Phang-Nga is lot more scenic than Phi-Phi. Is this true.
Could you suggest some good boat tour operators which do not tend to overload their boats. I heard Simba is good.
Also considering Fantasea land - is it worth it or a bit over-hyped?
Any other place you would suggest with kids- nature, wildlife etc. I heard there are elephant safaris there as well.
Suggestions most appreciated.
6 days in Phuket in Dec with 2 kids - suggestions pls
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 2 Welcome To Saigon. The Heat Is On.
- 3 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 4 July itinerary in Japan
- 5 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 6 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 7 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 8 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 9 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 10 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 11 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 12 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 13 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 14 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 15 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 16 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 17 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 18 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 19 Myanmar - some questions
- 20 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 21 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 22 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 23 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 24 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 25 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen