Going to Tokyo on 9/3 and will be there for 4 full days. We have pulled together the following itinerary to maximize our time seeing cultural highlights, shopping the fashion, seeking modern art and viewing the architecture. Really appreciate your input and feedback. Best, David
-Would you recommend any changes - missing something important or unique?
-Odaibo - should we include this to ride over the water and see the bridge and city views?
-Is there a need for Ginza if we are hitting Ayoyama for shopping?
-Is there a need to make a special trip to Kiyosumi to visit the Museum of Contemporary Art?
DAY 1 (9/5)
Isetan Department Store and Food Court
Yoyogi Park (Sunday flea market)
Ebisu (sophisticated and prestigious neighborhood)
Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography
Shibuya Crossing at night
DAY 2 (9/9)
Jingu Bridge on Sunday for Cos-Play
Shopping on Omote Sando
Issey Miyake, Yohji Yamamoto and others
DAY 2 (9/10)
Tokyo National Museum
Roppongi Hills Complex
Mori Art Museum
Suntory Museum of Art
National Art Center
DAY 4 (9/11)
Imperial Palace (schedule private tour via hotel) & Higashi-Gyoen (East Garden)
Kokuritsu Kindai Bijutsukan - National Museum of Modern Art (open Tue-Thurs, Sat, Sun)
Takashimaya Specialty Store
Tokyo International Forum (take lift to top floor of eastern wing)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary Review
- 2 Kumakaron
- 3 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 4 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 5 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 6 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 7 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 8 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 9 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 10 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 11 Road Scholar tour in China
- 12 China in june-July
- 13 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 14 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 15 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 16 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 17 Bali - What to do?
- 18 China in July
- 19 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 20 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 21 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 22 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 23 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 24 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 25 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?