Going to Tokyo on 9/3 and will be there for 4 full days. We have pulled together the following itinerary to maximize our time seeing cultural highlights, shopping the fashion, seeking modern art and viewing the architecture. Really appreciate your input and feedback. Best, David
-Would you recommend any changes - missing something important or unique?
-Odaibo - should we include this to ride over the water and see the bridge and city views?
-Is there a need for Ginza if we are hitting Ayoyama for shopping?
-Is there a need to make a special trip to Kiyosumi to visit the Museum of Contemporary Art?
DAY 1 (9/5)
Isetan Department Store and Food Court
Yoyogi Park (Sunday flea market)
Ebisu (sophisticated and prestigious neighborhood)
Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography
Shibuya Crossing at night
DAY 2 (9/9)
Jingu Bridge on Sunday for Cos-Play
Shopping on Omote Sando
Issey Miyake, Yohji Yamamoto and others
DAY 2 (9/10)
Tokyo National Museum
Roppongi Hills Complex
Mori Art Museum
Suntory Museum of Art
National Art Center
DAY 4 (9/11)
Imperial Palace (schedule private tour via hotel) & Higashi-Gyoen (East Garden)
Kokuritsu Kindai Bijutsukan - National Museum of Modern Art (open Tue-Thurs, Sat, Sun)
Takashimaya Specialty Store
Tokyo International Forum (take lift to top floor of eastern wing)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 2 Japan / Korea Trip
- 3 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 4 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 5 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 6 vietnam visa
- 7 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 10 Tokyo daytrip
- 11 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 12 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 13 Trip Report : China
- 14 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 15 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 16 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 17 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 18 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 19 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 20 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 21 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 22 Bali - What to do?
- 23 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 24 Impressions of India
- 25 On the road again - to Incredible India.