Going to Tokyo on 9/3 and will be there for 4 full days. We have pulled together the following itinerary to maximize our time seeing cultural highlights, shopping the fashion, seeking modern art and viewing the architecture. Really appreciate your input and feedback. Best, David
-Would you recommend any changes - missing something important or unique?
-Odaibo - should we include this to ride over the water and see the bridge and city views?
-Is there a need for Ginza if we are hitting Ayoyama for shopping?
-Is there a need to make a special trip to Kiyosumi to visit the Museum of Contemporary Art?
DAY 1 (9/5)
Isetan Department Store and Food Court
Yoyogi Park (Sunday flea market)
Ebisu (sophisticated and prestigious neighborhood)
Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography
Shibuya Crossing at night
DAY 2 (9/9)
Jingu Bridge on Sunday for Cos-Play
Shopping on Omote Sando
Issey Miyake, Yohji Yamamoto and others
DAY 2 (9/10)
Tokyo National Museum
Roppongi Hills Complex
Mori Art Museum
Suntory Museum of Art
National Art Center
DAY 4 (9/11)
Imperial Palace (schedule private tour via hotel) & Higashi-Gyoen (East Garden)
Kokuritsu Kindai Bijutsukan - National Museum of Modern Art (open Tue-Thurs, Sat, Sun)
Takashimaya Specialty Store
Tokyo International Forum (take lift to top floor of eastern wing)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 2 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 3 Terracotta Warriors
- 4 hiking japan sept
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 7 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 8 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 9 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 10 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 11 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 12 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 13 Japan rough itinerary
- 14 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 15 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 16 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 17 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 18 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 19 shanghai for 4 days
- 20 Budget Servied Apt
- 21 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 22 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 24 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 25 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali