Planning a trip to SE Asia for late September/October of this year. I think I'm going to hit Bali for an 8 day tour, as well as Hanoi/Halong Bay for a few days.
I have about 4 extra days that I can play with while I'm over there. For the purpose of this thread let's assume a few things:
I won't stay in Indonesia longer
I won't stay in Hanoi longer
I won't go to Thailand
I'd prefer to not take an overnight train (bad back) but a few hour train ride is ok!
Where would you go? Direct flights to/from (Denpasar) Bali and/or Hanoi would be lovely, but I'm ok with layovers! (I haven't decided on the order I'm going to do things, so it might be Hanoi-Bali-??? or Bali-???-Hanoi or something else!)
I'm big on culture (anthropology major- I love seeing how others live), but would like to keep my budget low, and I'd also like to avoid rainy weather (which I know is not possible to predict, but hey I can hope!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 2 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 3 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 4 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 5 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 6 Japan GTG, early April
- 7 Beijing tours
- 8 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 9 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 10 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 13 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 14 Takayama trail, Japan
- 15 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 16 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 17 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 18 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 19 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 20 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 21 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 22 Visa for India
- 23 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 24 Hútòng Walking
- 25 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos