Planning a trip to SE Asia for late September/October of this year. I think I'm going to hit Bali for an 8 day tour, as well as Hanoi/Halong Bay for a few days.
I have about 4 extra days that I can play with while I'm over there. For the purpose of this thread let's assume a few things:
I won't stay in Indonesia longer
I won't stay in Hanoi longer
I won't go to Thailand
I'd prefer to not take an overnight train (bad back) but a few hour train ride is ok!
Where would you go? Direct flights to/from (Denpasar) Bali and/or Hanoi would be lovely, but I'm ok with layovers! (I haven't decided on the order I'm going to do things, so it might be Hanoi-Bali-??? or Bali-???-Hanoi or something else!)
I'm big on culture (anthropology major- I love seeing how others live), but would like to keep my budget low, and I'd also like to avoid rainy weather (which I know is not possible to predict, but hey I can hope!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 3 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 4 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 5 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 6 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 7 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 8 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 9 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 10 Hanoi Hotel
- 11 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 12 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 13 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 14 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 15 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 16 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 17 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 18 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 19 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 20 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 21 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 24 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 25 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?