Planning a trip to SE Asia for late September/October of this year. I think I'm going to hit Bali for an 8 day tour, as well as Hanoi/Halong Bay for a few days.
I have about 4 extra days that I can play with while I'm over there. For the purpose of this thread let's assume a few things:
I won't stay in Indonesia longer
I won't stay in Hanoi longer
I won't go to Thailand
I'd prefer to not take an overnight train (bad back) but a few hour train ride is ok!
Where would you go? Direct flights to/from (Denpasar) Bali and/or Hanoi would be lovely, but I'm ok with layovers! (I haven't decided on the order I'm going to do things, so it might be Hanoi-Bali-??? or Bali-???-Hanoi or something else!)
I'm big on culture (anthropology major- I love seeing how others live), but would like to keep my budget low, and I'd also like to avoid rainy weather (which I know is not possible to predict, but hey I can hope!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://nutrahealthtrimsite.com/duoslim-forskolin/
- 2 Buying jewelry in India
- 3 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 4 travel in Vietnam for for Hong Kong citizens
- 5 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 6 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 7 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 8 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 9 Hotel in Hanoi
- 10 Trekking outside Sapa
- 11 Hoi Ann hotel
- 12 Place to stay Hue
- 13 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 14 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 15 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 16 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 17 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 18 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 19 Go to Pai or not?
- 20 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 21 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 22 Thai Island Itinerary
- 23 Thailand
- 24 Aomori to Hirosaki
- 25 Asian Pillows