Planning a trip to SE Asia for late September/October of this year. I think I'm going to hit Bali for an 8 day tour, as well as Hanoi/Halong Bay for a few days.
I have about 4 extra days that I can play with while I'm over there. For the purpose of this thread let's assume a few things:
I won't stay in Indonesia longer
I won't stay in Hanoi longer
I won't go to Thailand
I'd prefer to not take an overnight train (bad back) but a few hour train ride is ok!
Where would you go? Direct flights to/from (Denpasar) Bali and/or Hanoi would be lovely, but I'm ok with layovers! (I haven't decided on the order I'm going to do things, so it might be Hanoi-Bali-??? or Bali-???-Hanoi or something else!)
I'm big on culture (anthropology major- I love seeing how others live), but would like to keep my budget low, and I'd also like to avoid rainy weather (which I know is not possible to predict, but hey I can hope!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel Help!! Thailand - Ko Tao, Koh Samui or Ko Pha Ngan
- 2 Vietnam: Itinerary for 15 days in September
- 3 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 4 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 5 Sudden holiday to Japan
- 6 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 7 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 8 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 9 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 10 Hong Kong
- 11 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 12 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 13 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 14 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 15 Something about... Malaysia
- 16 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 17 Budget Servied Apt
- 18 Terracotta Warriors
- 19 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 20 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 21 hiking japan sept
- 22 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 23 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 24 The best way to My Son
- 25 Japan Itinerary!