Planning a trip to SE Asia for late September/October of this year. I think I'm going to hit Bali for an 8 day tour, as well as Hanoi/Halong Bay for a few days.
I have about 4 extra days that I can play with while I'm over there. For the purpose of this thread let's assume a few things:
I won't stay in Indonesia longer
I won't stay in Hanoi longer
I won't go to Thailand
I'd prefer to not take an overnight train (bad back) but a few hour train ride is ok!
Where would you go? Direct flights to/from (Denpasar) Bali and/or Hanoi would be lovely, but I'm ok with layovers! (I haven't decided on the order I'm going to do things, so it might be Hanoi-Bali-??? or Bali-???-Hanoi or something else!)
I'm big on culture (anthropology major- I love seeing how others live), but would like to keep my budget low, and I'd also like to avoid rainy weather (which I know is not possible to predict, but hey I can hope!)
4 days in SE Asia- where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 2 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 3 vietnam and laos
- 4 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 5 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 6 Connaught Place
- 7 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 8 Free and best app for searching restaurants in China
- 9 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 10 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 11 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 12 Nepal- recipe?
- 13 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 14 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 15 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 16 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 17 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 18 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 19 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 20 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 21 My SEA trip - photos update
- 22 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 23 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 24 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 25 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination