Planning a trip to SE Asia for late September/October of this year. I think I'm going to hit Bali for an 8 day tour, as well as Hanoi/Halong Bay for a few days.
I have about 4 extra days that I can play with while I'm over there. For the purpose of this thread let's assume a few things:
I won't stay in Indonesia longer
I won't stay in Hanoi longer
I won't go to Thailand
I'd prefer to not take an overnight train (bad back) but a few hour train ride is ok!
Where would you go? Direct flights to/from (Denpasar) Bali and/or Hanoi would be lovely, but I'm ok with layovers! (I haven't decided on the order I'm going to do things, so it might be Hanoi-Bali-??? or Bali-???-Hanoi or something else!)
I'm big on culture (anthropology major- I love seeing how others live), but would like to keep my budget low, and I'd also like to avoid rainy weather (which I know is not possible to predict, but hey I can hope!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 2 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 3 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 4 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 5 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 6 Is this crazy?
- 7 In Seoul for one day
- 8 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 9 Japan & WiFi
- 10 Bali airport transportation
- 11 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 12 Travel Itenary
- 13 Halong Bay cruise
- 14 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 15 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 16 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 17 Passport for Indonesia
- 18 Fabric shops in India
- 19 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 20 thai baht allowance
- 21 japan itenirary help
- 22 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 23 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 24 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG