Planning a trip to SE Asia for late September/October of this year. I think I'm going to hit Bali for an 8 day tour, as well as Hanoi/Halong Bay for a few days.
I have about 4 extra days that I can play with while I'm over there. For the purpose of this thread let's assume a few things:
I won't stay in Indonesia longer
I won't stay in Hanoi longer
I won't go to Thailand
I'd prefer to not take an overnight train (bad back) but a few hour train ride is ok!
Where would you go? Direct flights to/from (Denpasar) Bali and/or Hanoi would be lovely, but I'm ok with layovers! (I haven't decided on the order I'm going to do things, so it might be Hanoi-Bali-??? or Bali-???-Hanoi or something else!)
I'm big on culture (anthropology major- I love seeing how others live), but would like to keep my budget low, and I'd also like to avoid rainy weather (which I know is not possible to predict, but hey I can hope!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Arashiyama Excursion
- 2 Tours for 7 hour lay over in Hong Kong
- 3 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 4 Christmas in Bali
- 5 Christmas in Cambodia
- 6 Best beach in December
- 7 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 8 Hotel swimming pools - Delhi and Kolkata and more
- 9 Yunnan to Guilin
- 10 Paddy fields in Vietnam
- 11 China visa
- 12 Help with choosing guided tour
- 13 Trip Report with Pictures and HD Video: Middle East & India
- 14 Japan: SIM card vs. MiFi
- 15 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 16 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 17 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 18 Visa to Beijing China
- 19 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 20 Hotel in Langkawi
- 21 Kerala- Periyar or Alleppey, which place is more scenic ?
- 22 Good restaurants in Shanghai
- 23 Flight from Siem Reap to Chiang Mai
- 24 Japanese Alps
- 25 One month in Java and Bali