I'll be doing a tour of Vietnam in early September (most likely) from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.
Once my tour is completed, I was hoping to go somewhere else to experience a different culture/country while all ready 'over there' (from the US).
I would like to avoid Thailand at the moment due to civil unrest.
I would really like to have access to a nice beach, with great food as well. It doesn't need to be fancy, nor does there need to be a party scene ( I would prefer there wasn't actually).
I will be traveling by myself, so a place that is safe for female travelers would be ideal.
On my list are Singapore and Penang for the food culture, but I don't believe there are many beaches? (I could be wrong).
I'd love to see Angkor Wat, but I may have to save that for my next trip, as I'm really craving some relaxing time
Let me know if you have any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A beach of choice on Samui
- 2 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 3 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 4 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 5 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 6 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 7 myanmar
- 8 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 9 Travel India solo
- 10 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 11 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 12 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 13 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 14 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 15 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 16 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 17 Osaka, aquarium?
- 18 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 19 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 20 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 21 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 22 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 23 North India Itinerary advice
- 24 Indonesia travel agent
- 25 First time in India and Nepal-HELP