I'll be doing a tour of Vietnam in early September (most likely) from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.
Once my tour is completed, I was hoping to go somewhere else to experience a different culture/country while all ready 'over there' (from the US).
I would like to avoid Thailand at the moment due to civil unrest.
I would really like to have access to a nice beach, with great food as well. It doesn't need to be fancy, nor does there need to be a party scene ( I would prefer there wasn't actually).
I will be traveling by myself, so a place that is safe for female travelers would be ideal.
On my list are Singapore and Penang for the food culture, but I don't believe there are many beaches? (I could be wrong).
I'd love to see Angkor Wat, but I may have to save that for my next trip, as I'm really craving some relaxing time
Let me know if you have any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 2 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 3 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 4 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 5 Sim cards and adaptors
- 6 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 7 India help needed
- 8 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 9 Sri Lanka Visa
- 10 Hoi Ann hotel
- 11 Hotel in Hanoi
- 12 Place to stay Hue
- 13 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 14 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 15 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 16 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 17 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 18 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 19 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 20 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 21 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 22 Trekking outside Sapa
- 23 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 24 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 25 Need help filling out my itinerary