I'll be doing a tour of Vietnam in early September (most likely) from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.
Once my tour is completed, I was hoping to go somewhere else to experience a different culture/country while all ready 'over there' (from the US).
I would like to avoid Thailand at the moment due to civil unrest.
I would really like to have access to a nice beach, with great food as well. It doesn't need to be fancy, nor does there need to be a party scene ( I would prefer there wasn't actually).
I will be traveling by myself, so a place that is safe for female travelers would be ideal.
On my list are Singapore and Penang for the food culture, but I don't believe there are many beaches? (I could be wrong).
I'd love to see Angkor Wat, but I may have to save that for my next trip, as I'm really craving some relaxing time
Let me know if you have any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 2 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 3 Family Friendly Penang
- 4 Train trip costs help please
- 5 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 6 Weather forecast
- 7 Vietnam visa
- 8 Bali - What to do?
- 9 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 10 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 11 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 12 Sri Lanka advice
- 13 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 14 Ryokan in Japan
- 15 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 16 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 17 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 18 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 19 Itinerary & airport help
- 20 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 21 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 22 Snapshots From Kerala
- 23 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 24 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 25 Visiting Sri Lanka for the First Time