I'll be doing a tour of Vietnam in early September (most likely) from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.
Once my tour is completed, I was hoping to go somewhere else to experience a different culture/country while all ready 'over there' (from the US).
I would like to avoid Thailand at the moment due to civil unrest.
I would really like to have access to a nice beach, with great food as well. It doesn't need to be fancy, nor does there need to be a party scene ( I would prefer there wasn't actually).
I will be traveling by myself, so a place that is safe for female travelers would be ideal.
On my list are Singapore and Penang for the food culture, but I don't believe there are many beaches? (I could be wrong).
I'd love to see Angkor Wat, but I may have to save that for my next trip, as I'm really craving some relaxing time
Let me know if you have any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India visa for new passport
- 2 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 3 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 4 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 5 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 6 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 7 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 8 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 9 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 10 Traffic and Police in India
- 11 Serendipity Srilanka
- 12 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 13 New Thai Visa
- 14 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 15 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 16 New Years in Japan
- 17 Sri Lanka in December
- 18 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 19 january 31 in colombo
- 20 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 21 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 22 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 23 3 weeks in Japan
- 24 A first time for everything in Japan
- 25 India Tour Companies