I'll be doing a tour of Vietnam in early September (most likely) from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.
Once my tour is completed, I was hoping to go somewhere else to experience a different culture/country while all ready 'over there' (from the US).
I would like to avoid Thailand at the moment due to civil unrest.
I would really like to have access to a nice beach, with great food as well. It doesn't need to be fancy, nor does there need to be a party scene ( I would prefer there wasn't actually).
I will be traveling by myself, so a place that is safe for female travelers would be ideal.
On my list are Singapore and Penang for the food culture, but I don't believe there are many beaches? (I could be wrong).
I'd love to see Angkor Wat, but I may have to save that for my next trip, as I'm really craving some relaxing time
Let me know if you have any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Trip Delayed
- 2 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 3 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 4 Month long SE Asia trip
- 5 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 6 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 7 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 8 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 9 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 10 Cambodia weather
- 11 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 12 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 13 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 14 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 15 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 16 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 17 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 18 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 19 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 20 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 21 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report
- 22 Visa Question - Cambodia
- 23 first draft for Vietnam trip. Critique please
- 24 Amakusa island help
- 25 Japan 10 days Hiroshima or Arashiyama Bamboo Grove