I'll be doing a tour of Vietnam in early September (most likely) from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.
Once my tour is completed, I was hoping to go somewhere else to experience a different culture/country while all ready 'over there' (from the US).
I would like to avoid Thailand at the moment due to civil unrest.
I would really like to have access to a nice beach, with great food as well. It doesn't need to be fancy, nor does there need to be a party scene ( I would prefer there wasn't actually).
I will be traveling by myself, so a place that is safe for female travelers would be ideal.
On my list are Singapore and Penang for the food culture, but I don't believe there are many beaches? (I could be wrong).
I'd love to see Angkor Wat, but I may have to save that for my next trip, as I'm really craving some relaxing time
Let me know if you have any thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 2 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 3 Sri Lanka May
- 4 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 5 Japan rough itinerary
- 6 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 7 Bye bye SE Asia
- 8 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 9 One night in Osaka
- 10 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 11 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 12 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 13 Laos planning.
- 14 Impressions of India
- 15 Japan - costs
- 16 Japan for Foodies
- 17 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 18 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 19 Japan Rail Pass
- 20 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 21 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 22 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 23 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 24 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 25 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report