Air: American Airlines frequent flier miles
New York to Hanoi via Tokyo, Japan Airlines
Hanoi to New York via Hong Kong, Cathay Pacific
Local travel arrangements:
Happy Voyage Travel www.happyvoyage.vn firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Moon, Mr. Zung. – husband/wife team, had helped me in 2002.
Excellent, personal service. Met my budget. Customized itinerary. Private driver and guide. Met with me personally several times including both airport trips as well as visit to the orphanage. Took us to dinner our last night so that my daughter could meet and speak English with their 10 year old daughter. Modifed things as necessary.
Hanoi: 5 nights. Army Hotel
Halong Bay: 1 night cruise Bai Tho Junk
Cat Ba Island: 2 nights. Hung Long Hotel Great beach. Biking around town.
Ninh Binh: 1 night Anh Dung Hotel Biking through town and countryside.
Mai Chau: home stay 1 night. Wonderful biking through rice paddies. Performance by Thai people at homestay.
Hanoi: 1 night Army Hotel
Overnight train to Sapa
Sapa – 2 nights Royal View Hotel
Visit to several villages of minority people. Marketplace. Paddleboat ride on Swan Lake.
Viet Emotion – good restaurant.
Overnight train to Hanoi
Hanoi – 4 nights Army Hotel
Activities in Hanoi
- Pool at Army Hotel: this is where we spent most of the time. It was brutally hot and after one activity we went to the hotel and spent the day at the pool. We met kids there for my daughter to play with and some Vietnamese who spoke English.
- Water puppet show
- Water Park
- Ho Chi Minh Complex
- Temple of Literature
- Tour with Hanoi Kids
- Prison Museum: my daughter did not like this and we had to leave (too creepy)
- Orphanage visit
- Shopping in Old Quarter
-We also went to the Museum Of Fine Arts and the Military History Museum with friends but my daughter did not pay much attention to them.
- I highly recommend Happy Voyage Travel.
- Choosing the Army Hotel was the best decision I could have made. I had reservations about selecting it due to the mixed reviews I had read, but it was perfectly fine. The pool was wonderful - large, clean, food and beverage service, trees for shade. Good location. Lovely warm service. Fine breakfast. Adequate room. Balcony. Mini-fridge. TV. Free internet in the lobby
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How is "Vientiane" Pronounced?
- 2 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 3 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 4 Itinerary Help Japan
- 5 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 6 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 7 November, March, June... Japan?
- 8 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 9 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 10 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 11 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 12 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 13 Silk Road Tour - China
- 14 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 15 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 16 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 17 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 18 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 19 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 20 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 21 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 22 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 23 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 24 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 25 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
3 weeks with 10 year old girl - trip report