We are planning a 3 week holiday in China with my girlfriend, between 21st of July and 11th of August. It will be our first trip, however, I will get a slight feel of China when I will be working 2 weeks, just before our holiday, nearby Shanghai, in Jiang Yin. Below our first idea of what we could see/do. Any suggestions, corrections and advice would be much appreciated.
Itinerary 3 weeks:
Day 1: arrival Shanghai, take night train to Beijing
Day 2: Arrival/Hostel, Tiananmen Square, Jingshan Park, Red theater Kung Fu Show
Day 3: Mutianyu Great Wall, Ming Tomb, Birds Nest, Water Cube
Day 4: Summer Palace, Hutong, Peking Duck dinner
Day 5: Lama temple, Beihai Park, Temple of Heaven, night train to Pingyao
Day 6: Rishengchang Bank, Wang Family residence, Shuanglin temple, City wall, night train to Xi’an
Day 7: Arrival/Hostel, City wall, Bell tower, Big goose pagoda, Tang Dynasty show
Day 8: Terra Cotta Army, Huaging hot spring, late night plane to Chengdu
Day 8 late night: Arrival/Hostel
Day 9: Pandas, Green Ram temple, Remnin Park, Hot Pot dinner
Day 10: Le Shan Buddha, Mt. Emei base (sleep there)
Day 11: Mt. Emei summit, sleep in Chengdu
Day 12: Early morning train to Chongqing
Day 12: Arrival/Hostel, Laitan ancient town, Chongqing city/Erling park
Day 13: Dazu rock carvings, plane to Huangshan
Day 13: Arrival/Hostel, spend time in the city, if any left
Day 14: Yellow Mountain, sleep there
Day 15: Hongcun and Xidi, bus to Hangzhou
Day 15: Arrival/Hostel
Day 16: West Lake, Tiger Spring, Dragon well
Day 17: Yellow Dragon cave, walk around in the city, late night train to Shanghai
Day 17: Arrival/Hostel
Day 18-19-20: Explore the city, shopping before departure, relax after the long trip, flight home
The part between Chongqing and Huangshan is a bit tricky with travel, we were initially planning to go to Zhiangjiaje, but is either a lost day for travel, or expensive flight. So the last part is not best planned yet. Please feel free to suggest!
Thank you! Gr. Laszlo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please help us with planning a Silk Road tour in China 2017
- 2 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 3 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 4 Vietnam visa
- 5 Vietnam visa debate
- 6 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 7 Silk Road Tour - China
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 India Tour Companies
- 14 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Japan rough itinerary
- 17 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 18 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 21 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 24 Japan - costs
- 25 Japan for Foodies