We are planning a 3 week holiday in China with my girlfriend, between 21st of July and 11th of August. It will be our first trip, however, I will get a slight feel of China when I will be working 2 weeks, just before our holiday, nearby Shanghai, in Jiang Yin. Below our first idea of what we could see/do. Any suggestions, corrections and advice would be much appreciated.
Itinerary 3 weeks:
Day 1: arrival Shanghai, take night train to Beijing
Day 2: Arrival/Hostel, Tiananmen Square, Jingshan Park, Red theater Kung Fu Show
Day 3: Mutianyu Great Wall, Ming Tomb, Birds Nest, Water Cube
Day 4: Summer Palace, Hutong, Peking Duck dinner
Day 5: Lama temple, Beihai Park, Temple of Heaven, night train to Pingyao
Day 6: Rishengchang Bank, Wang Family residence, Shuanglin temple, City wall, night train to Xi’an
Day 7: Arrival/Hostel, City wall, Bell tower, Big goose pagoda, Tang Dynasty show
Day 8: Terra Cotta Army, Huaging hot spring, late night plane to Chengdu
Day 8 late night: Arrival/Hostel
Day 9: Pandas, Green Ram temple, Remnin Park, Hot Pot dinner
Day 10: Le Shan Buddha, Mt. Emei base (sleep there)
Day 11: Mt. Emei summit, sleep in Chengdu
Day 12: Early morning train to Chongqing
Day 12: Arrival/Hostel, Laitan ancient town, Chongqing city/Erling park
Day 13: Dazu rock carvings, plane to Huangshan
Day 13: Arrival/Hostel, spend time in the city, if any left
Day 14: Yellow Mountain, sleep there
Day 15: Hongcun and Xidi, bus to Hangzhou
Day 15: Arrival/Hostel
Day 16: West Lake, Tiger Spring, Dragon well
Day 17: Yellow Dragon cave, walk around in the city, late night train to Shanghai
Day 17: Arrival/Hostel
Day 18-19-20: Explore the city, shopping before departure, relax after the long trip, flight home
The part between Chongqing and Huangshan is a bit tricky with travel, we were initially planning to go to Zhiangjiaje, but is either a lost day for travel, or expensive flight. So the last part is not best planned yet. Please feel free to suggest!
Thank you! Gr. Laszlo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The Indian money crunch.
- 2 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 3 The truth about elephant tourism
- 4 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 5 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 6 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 7 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 8 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 9 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 10 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 11 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 12 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 13 Kerala trip
- 14 E Visa for India?
- 15 1-2 months South East Asia
- 16 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 17 Help - India.
- 18 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 19 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 20 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 21 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 22 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 23 Side trips from Taipei
- 24 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 25 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka