We are planning a 3 week holiday in China with my girlfriend, between 21st of July and 11th of August. It will be our first trip, however, I will get a slight feel of China when I will be working 2 weeks, just before our holiday, nearby Shanghai, in Jiang Yin. Below our first idea of what we could see/do. Any suggestions, corrections and advice would be much appreciated.
Itinerary 3 weeks:
Day 1: arrival Shanghai, take night train to Beijing
Day 2: Arrival/Hostel, Tiananmen Square, Jingshan Park, Red theater Kung Fu Show
Day 3: Mutianyu Great Wall, Ming Tomb, Birds Nest, Water Cube
Day 4: Summer Palace, Hutong, Peking Duck dinner
Day 5: Lama temple, Beihai Park, Temple of Heaven, night train to Pingyao
Day 6: Rishengchang Bank, Wang Family residence, Shuanglin temple, City wall, night train to Xi’an
Day 7: Arrival/Hostel, City wall, Bell tower, Big goose pagoda, Tang Dynasty show
Day 8: Terra Cotta Army, Huaging hot spring, late night plane to Chengdu
Day 8 late night: Arrival/Hostel
Day 9: Pandas, Green Ram temple, Remnin Park, Hot Pot dinner
Day 10: Le Shan Buddha, Mt. Emei base (sleep there)
Day 11: Mt. Emei summit, sleep in Chengdu
Day 12: Early morning train to Chongqing
Day 12: Arrival/Hostel, Laitan ancient town, Chongqing city/Erling park
Day 13: Dazu rock carvings, plane to Huangshan
Day 13: Arrival/Hostel, spend time in the city, if any left
Day 14: Yellow Mountain, sleep there
Day 15: Hongcun and Xidi, bus to Hangzhou
Day 15: Arrival/Hostel
Day 16: West Lake, Tiger Spring, Dragon well
Day 17: Yellow Dragon cave, walk around in the city, late night train to Shanghai
Day 17: Arrival/Hostel
Day 18-19-20: Explore the city, shopping before departure, relax after the long trip, flight home
The part between Chongqing and Huangshan is a bit tricky with travel, we were initially planning to go to Zhiangjiaje, but is either a lost day for travel, or expensive flight. So the last part is not best planned yet. Please feel free to suggest!
Thank you! Gr. Laszlo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 2 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 3 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 4 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 5 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 6 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 7 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Beijing tours
- 10 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 11 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 14 Takayama trail, Japan
- 15 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 16 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 17 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 18 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 19 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 20 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 21 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 22 Visa for India
- 23 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 24 Hútòng Walking
- 25 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos