We are planning a 3 week holiday in China with my girlfriend, between 21st of July and 11th of August. It will be our first trip, however, I will get a slight feel of China when I will be working 2 weeks, just before our holiday, nearby Shanghai, in Jiang Yin. Below our first idea of what we could see/do. Any suggestions, corrections and advice would be much appreciated.
Itinerary 3 weeks:
Day 1: arrival Shanghai, take night train to Beijing
Day 2: Arrival/Hostel, Tiananmen Square, Jingshan Park, Red theater Kung Fu Show
Day 3: Mutianyu Great Wall, Ming Tomb, Birds Nest, Water Cube
Day 4: Summer Palace, Hutong, Peking Duck dinner
Day 5: Lama temple, Beihai Park, Temple of Heaven, night train to Pingyao
Day 6: Rishengchang Bank, Wang Family residence, Shuanglin temple, City wall, night train to Xi’an
Day 7: Arrival/Hostel, City wall, Bell tower, Big goose pagoda, Tang Dynasty show
Day 8: Terra Cotta Army, Huaging hot spring, late night plane to Chengdu
Day 8 late night: Arrival/Hostel
Day 9: Pandas, Green Ram temple, Remnin Park, Hot Pot dinner
Day 10: Le Shan Buddha, Mt. Emei base (sleep there)
Day 11: Mt. Emei summit, sleep in Chengdu
Day 12: Early morning train to Chongqing
Day 12: Arrival/Hostel, Laitan ancient town, Chongqing city/Erling park
Day 13: Dazu rock carvings, plane to Huangshan
Day 13: Arrival/Hostel, spend time in the city, if any left
Day 14: Yellow Mountain, sleep there
Day 15: Hongcun and Xidi, bus to Hangzhou
Day 15: Arrival/Hostel
Day 16: West Lake, Tiger Spring, Dragon well
Day 17: Yellow Dragon cave, walk around in the city, late night train to Shanghai
Day 17: Arrival/Hostel
Day 18-19-20: Explore the city, shopping before departure, relax after the long trip, flight home
The part between Chongqing and Huangshan is a bit tricky with travel, we were initially planning to go to Zhiangjiaje, but is either a lost day for travel, or expensive flight. So the last part is not best planned yet. Please feel free to suggest!
Thank you! Gr. Laszlo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Thai Visa
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 4 Traffic and Police in India
- 5 New Years in Japan
- 6 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 7 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 8 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 9 3 weeks in Japan
- 10 A first time for everything in Japan
- 11 India Tour Companies
- 12 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 13 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 14 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 15 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 16 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 17 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 18 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 19 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 20 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 21 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 22 Vietnam Dong
- 23 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 24 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 25 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help