My wife and I traveled for 3 weeks in India December 24, 2011 through January 13, 2012, and can heartily recommend Raju India of Incredible Real India Tours and Travels (www.rajuindia.com). I checked out 8 travel companies and Raju was very reasonably priced, thoroughly attentive to our needs, responded promptly to all questions and anticipated issues that we wouldn't have been aware of. We also recommend the driver we had, Bhopal Singh: skillful, knowledgable and thoughtful. He was helpful above and beyond the call of duty. The speciifics: 3 weeks. We landed in Delhi, then to Aurangabad, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Agra, Orchha, Khajuraho, Varanasi and then back to Delhi. We had the constant use of a Toyota Innova (good size), a driver and guides in each of the major cities. The hotels were mainly haveli's and heritage hotels. Raju had excellent recommendations. There were 4 internal domestic flights. Total cost for all of the above was $2250pp. The only additional costs were gratuities for the drivers and the guides, entry fees to monuments, palaces etc., camera fees at same, lunch and dinner (breakfasts all included at hotels), plus whatever we chose to buy.
3 weeks in India, mainly the northwest plus Aurangabad, Agra, Varanasi
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 2 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 3 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 4 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 5 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 6 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 7 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 8 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 9 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 10 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 11 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 12 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 13 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?
- 14 India and Nepal 2014
- 15 July itinerary in Japan
- 16 Where in Bali should we stay
- 17 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 18 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 19 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 20 Vietnam or Brazil
- 21 Getting a "feel" for a country.
- 22 Car rental companies Phuket Airport?
- 23 Itinerary Feedback - Thailand
- 24 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 25 Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, Varanasi, Kolkata-Winter TR!