I am going to Japan for 3 weeks, on Sept 26th. I'll fly in/out of Tokyo. I have never been to Japan, so would like some suggestions. I have a rough itinerary put together:
Day 1 Arrive in Tokyo Friday 27th Sept (3 nights)
Day 4 Takayama- (3 nights)
Day 7 Kanazawa - (2 nights)
Day 9, Osaka- (4 nights)
Day 13 Kyoto- (4 nights)
Day 17 Nara - (2 nights)
Day 19 Hiroshima (2 nights)
Day 21 Tokyo (2 nights)
Maybe do a trip to Matsumoto instead and skip Kanazawa?? . Or hop on the ferry to Matsuyma instead of Osaka.??
Any ideas on my itinerary? have I put enough time? I have a 21 days JR Rial pass so should take me to all those places, without the need to purchase additional rail tickets.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sudden holiday to Japan
- 2 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 3 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 4 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 5 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 6 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 7 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 Hong Kong
- 9 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 10 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 11 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 12 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 13 Something about... Malaysia
- 14 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 15 Budget Servied Apt
- 16 Terracotta Warriors
- 17 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 18 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 19 hiking japan sept
- 20 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 21 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 22 The best way to My Son
- 23 Japan Itinerary!
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus