I am going to Japan for 3 weeks, on Sept 26th. I'll fly in/out of Tokyo. I have never been to Japan, so would like some suggestions. I have a rough itinerary put together:
Day 1 Arrive in Tokyo Friday 27th Sept (3 nights)
Day 4 Takayama- (3 nights)
Day 7 Kanazawa - (2 nights)
Day 9, Osaka- (4 nights)
Day 13 Kyoto- (4 nights)
Day 17 Nara - (2 nights)
Day 19 Hiroshima (2 nights)
Day 21 Tokyo (2 nights)
Maybe do a trip to Matsumoto instead and skip Kanazawa?? . Or hop on the ferry to Matsuyma instead of Osaka.??
Any ideas on my itinerary? have I put enough time? I have a 21 days JR Rial pass so should take me to all those places, without the need to purchase additional rail tickets.
3 week itinerary to Japan- some suggestion/ideas plz
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 2 April in Bangkok, again!
- 3 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 4 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 5 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 6 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 7 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 8 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 9 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 10 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 11 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 12 How safe is Delhi/India
- 13 Malaria
- 14 Vietnam and coffee
- 15 I'm going to Japan!
- 16 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 17 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Cherry blossom
- 20 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 21 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 22 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 23 Which Putu in Bali????
- 24 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 25 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport