I am going to Japan for 3 weeks, on Sept 26th. I'll fly in/out of Tokyo. I have never been to Japan, so would like some suggestions. I have a rough itinerary put together:
Day 1 Arrive in Tokyo Friday 27th Sept (3 nights)
Day 4 Takayama- (3 nights)
Day 7 Kanazawa - (2 nights)
Day 9, Osaka- (4 nights)
Day 13 Kyoto- (4 nights)
Day 17 Nara - (2 nights)
Day 19 Hiroshima (2 nights)
Day 21 Tokyo (2 nights)
Maybe do a trip to Matsumoto instead and skip Kanazawa?? . Or hop on the ferry to Matsuyma instead of Osaka.??
Any ideas on my itinerary? have I put enough time? I have a 21 days JR Rial pass so should take me to all those places, without the need to purchase additional rail tickets.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 2 Italy from an Asian base
- 3 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 4 4.5 days in Singapore
- 5 Advice for a newbie!
- 6 9 days in Bali
- 7 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 8 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 9 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 10 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 11 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 12 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 13 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 14 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 15 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 16 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 17 Activation of JR Pass
- 18 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 19 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 20 My new 10 year china visa
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 22 Layover in Hong Kong
- 23 Trip to Thailand - advice
- 24 5 weeks in Japan - Autumn 2011 Trip Report
- 25 2 weeks in Java