I am going to Japan for 3 weeks, on Sept 26th. I'll fly in/out of Tokyo. I have never been to Japan, so would like some suggestions. I have a rough itinerary put together:
Day 1 Arrive in Tokyo Friday 27th Sept (3 nights)
Day 4 Takayama- (3 nights)
Day 7 Kanazawa - (2 nights)
Day 9, Osaka- (4 nights)
Day 13 Kyoto- (4 nights)
Day 17 Nara - (2 nights)
Day 19 Hiroshima (2 nights)
Day 21 Tokyo (2 nights)
Maybe do a trip to Matsumoto instead and skip Kanazawa?? . Or hop on the ferry to Matsuyma instead of Osaka.??
Any ideas on my itinerary? have I put enough time? I have a 21 days JR Rial pass so should take me to all those places, without the need to purchase additional rail tickets.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Patriots vs Falcons
- 2 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 3 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 4 Hotel Chang Mai
- 5 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 6 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 7 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 8 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 9 Hotel in Hanoi
- 10 India help needed
- 11 Beach hotel Thailand
- 12 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 13 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 14 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 15 Sim cards and adaptors
- 16 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 17 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 18 Sri Lanka Visa
- 19 Hoi Ann hotel
- 20 Place to stay Hue
- 21 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 22 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 23 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 24 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 25 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby