My husband and I are planning a trip to the Maldives from 25 to 28 August 2012. We will be arriving from South Africa.
We are currently booked at the Mirihi Resort, South Ari Atoll. Is anyone familiar with this resort? We'd really appreciate some reviews/comments.
Also, we were told that seaplane transfer is US$700 for 2 of us, round-trip. We think this is a little pricey and would like to know if:
1. Is this a good rate or are we getting ripped-off?
2. Is there any other mode of transfer from the Mahe Island Airport to the hotel?
We've emailed the hotel and plan to call them up as well, but thought to post here in the hopes of getting real, unbiased advice.
Lastly, apart from chilling by the beach, water sports and basically enjoying life, is there anything else to do or any place of note that is a must-see in the Maldives?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy Natual Skin Care Products
- 2 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 3 Travel to India in May?
- 4 Planning first India trip: Advice needed!!
- 5 Best place to experience the authentic culture in India
- 6 India help with where to go
- 7 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 8 Japan Trip Delayed
- 9 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 10 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 11 Acne Fact Sheet - Routines, Remedies And Lifestyle Changes
- 12 Month long SE Asia trip
- 13 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 14 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 15 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 16 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 17 Cambodia weather
- 18 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 19 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 20 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 21 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 22 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 23 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 24 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 25 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
3 night stay at the Maldives - Hotel review & transfer suggestions pls!