My husband and I are planning a trip to the Maldives from 25 to 28 August 2012. We will be arriving from South Africa.
We are currently booked at the Mirihi Resort, South Ari Atoll. Is anyone familiar with this resort? We'd really appreciate some reviews/comments.
Also, we were told that seaplane transfer is US$700 for 2 of us, round-trip. We think this is a little pricey and would like to know if:
1. Is this a good rate or are we getting ripped-off?
2. Is there any other mode of transfer from the Mahe Island Airport to the hotel?
We've emailed the hotel and plan to call them up as well, but thought to post here in the hopes of getting real, unbiased advice.
Lastly, apart from chilling by the beach, water sports and basically enjoying life, is there anything else to do or any place of note that is a must-see in the Maldives?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 2 Family Friendly Penang
- 3 Honeymoon - Malaysia and Bali
- 4 Train trip costs help please
- 5 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 6 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 7 Weather forecast
- 8 Vietnam visa
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 11 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 12 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 13 Sri Lanka advice
- 14 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 15 Ryokan in Japan
- 16 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 17 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 18 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 Itinerary & airport help
- 21 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 22 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 23 Snapshots From Kerala
- 24 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 25 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
3 night stay at the Maldives - Hotel review & transfer suggestions pls!