My husband and I are planning a trip to the Maldives from 25 to 28 August 2012. We will be arriving from South Africa.
We are currently booked at the Mirihi Resort, South Ari Atoll. Is anyone familiar with this resort? We'd really appreciate some reviews/comments.
Also, we were told that seaplane transfer is US$700 for 2 of us, round-trip. We think this is a little pricey and would like to know if:
1. Is this a good rate or are we getting ripped-off?
2. Is there any other mode of transfer from the Mahe Island Airport to the hotel?
We've emailed the hotel and plan to call them up as well, but thought to post here in the hopes of getting real, unbiased advice.
Lastly, apart from chilling by the beach, water sports and basically enjoying life, is there anything else to do or any place of note that is a must-see in the Maldives?
Many thanks in advance!
3 night stay at the Maldives - Hotel review & transfer suggestions pls!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 2 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 3 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 4 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 7 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 8 beaches in Thailand
- 9 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 10 Kyushu rail pass
- 11 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 12 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 13 6 full days in Yagoon
- 14 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 15 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 16 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 17 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 18 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 19 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 20 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 21 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 22 Currency in South Korea
- 23 Tipping in Japan
- 24 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 25 Places to visit in India in October