My husband and I are planning a trip to the Maldives from 25 to 28 August 2012. We will be arriving from South Africa.
We are currently booked at the Mirihi Resort, South Ari Atoll. Is anyone familiar with this resort? We'd really appreciate some reviews/comments.
Also, we were told that seaplane transfer is US$700 for 2 of us, round-trip. We think this is a little pricey and would like to know if:
1. Is this a good rate or are we getting ripped-off?
2. Is there any other mode of transfer from the Mahe Island Airport to the hotel?
We've emailed the hotel and plan to call them up as well, but thought to post here in the hopes of getting real, unbiased advice.
Lastly, apart from chilling by the beach, water sports and basically enjoying life, is there anything else to do or any place of note that is a must-see in the Maldives?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is this crazy?
- 2 Travel Itenary
- 3 Halong Bay cruise
- 4 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 5 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 6 Japan & WiFi
- 7 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 8 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 9 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 10 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 11 Passport for Indonesia
- 12 Fabric shops in India
- 13 Bali airport transportation
- 14 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 15 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 16 thai baht allowance
- 17 japan itenirary help
- 18 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 19 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 20 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 21 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 22 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 23 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 24 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 25 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
3 night stay at the Maldives - Hotel review & transfer suggestions pls!