My husband and I are planning a trip to the Maldives from 25 to 28 August 2012. We will be arriving from South Africa.
We are currently booked at the Mirihi Resort, South Ari Atoll. Is anyone familiar with this resort? We'd really appreciate some reviews/comments.
Also, we were told that seaplane transfer is US$700 for 2 of us, round-trip. We think this is a little pricey and would like to know if:
1. Is this a good rate or are we getting ripped-off?
2. Is there any other mode of transfer from the Mahe Island Airport to the hotel?
We've emailed the hotel and plan to call them up as well, but thought to post here in the hopes of getting real, unbiased advice.
Lastly, apart from chilling by the beach, water sports and basically enjoying life, is there anything else to do or any place of note that is a must-see in the Maldives?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 무료릴신천지 ⊙●홈 피 - pts11.컴 ⊙●
- 2 릴게임신천지 ◐☆주_소= pts11.컴 ◐☆
- 3 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 4 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 5 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 6 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 7 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 8 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 9 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 10 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 11 Kerala trip
- 12 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 13 E Visa for India?
- 14 1-2 months South East Asia
- 15 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 16 Help - India.
- 17 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 18 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 19 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 20 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 21 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 22 Side trips from Taipei
- 23 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 24 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 25 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
3 night stay at the Maldives - Hotel review & transfer suggestions pls!