My husband and I are planning a trip to the Maldives from 25 to 28 August 2012. We will be arriving from South Africa.
We are currently booked at the Mirihi Resort, South Ari Atoll. Is anyone familiar with this resort? We'd really appreciate some reviews/comments.
Also, we were told that seaplane transfer is US$700 for 2 of us, round-trip. We think this is a little pricey and would like to know if:
1. Is this a good rate or are we getting ripped-off?
2. Is there any other mode of transfer from the Mahe Island Airport to the hotel?
We've emailed the hotel and plan to call them up as well, but thought to post here in the hopes of getting real, unbiased advice.
Lastly, apart from chilling by the beach, water sports and basically enjoying life, is there anything else to do or any place of note that is a must-see in the Maldives?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 2 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 3 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 4 Bali & Singapore in October
- 5 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 6 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 7 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 8 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 9 Booking on the fly
- 10 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 11 Tea estates of Munnar
- 12 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 13 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 14 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 15 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 16 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 17 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 18 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 19 like my food
- 20 Laos or Kerala?
- 21 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 22 Portable wifi rental
- 23 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 24 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
- 25 Where to from Tokyo?!
3 night stay at the Maldives - Hotel review & transfer suggestions pls!