My husband and I are planning a trip to the Maldives from 25 to 28 August 2012. We will be arriving from South Africa.
We are currently booked at the Mirihi Resort, South Ari Atoll. Is anyone familiar with this resort? We'd really appreciate some reviews/comments.
Also, we were told that seaplane transfer is US$700 for 2 of us, round-trip. We think this is a little pricey and would like to know if:
1. Is this a good rate or are we getting ripped-off?
2. Is there any other mode of transfer from the Mahe Island Airport to the hotel?
We've emailed the hotel and plan to call them up as well, but thought to post here in the hopes of getting real, unbiased advice.
Lastly, apart from chilling by the beach, water sports and basically enjoying life, is there anything else to do or any place of note that is a must-see in the Maldives?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 2 Myanmar
- 3 First China visit - bringing in my prescriptions.
- 4 Japan then Bali - Where to Fly In & Out?
- 5 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 6 Suggest places in Uttarakhand
- 7 Toraja
- 8 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 9 Our second Japan trip
- 10 Anyone used Tours China (www.tourschina.com)?
- 11 Visa for Vietnam for Canadians
- 12 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 13 Winter Hokkaido Trip
- 14 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 15 RHK's Fall escape
- 16 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 17 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 18 Hike to summit of Mount Kinabalu
- 19 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 20 Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown in VN
- 21 Bandhavgarh National Park - Garhwal Himalayan Expedition
- 22 Transportation to mt koya-san from Osaka
- 23 Tokyo and Kyoto in one week
- 24 Thailand Assistance
- 25 Jaisalmer or Ranthambore Nat'l Park
3 night stay at the Maldives - Hotel review & transfer suggestions pls!