My husband and I have just booked a RTW ticket and will be spending 3 nights in Ulaanbaatar in July. I wish we'd have more time in Mongolia, but this is a frequent flyer ticket and we had to take what was available. We can always return for a lengthier trip if we want to!
I searched the forums here and couldn't find a lot of hotel information for Ulaanbaatar. If I missed something obvious, I apologize in advance! Somewhere online I read about the Bayangol hotel. Has anyone stayed here? Is there another hotel you recommend? We don't need luxury - just clean, conveniently located, private bathroom, hopefully staff that can speak some English if we have a few questions about getting around. We'd like to keep the rate under $150 a night - closer to $100 if possible. (This is a long trip and we're trying to economize a little!)
Also, is there a company you can recommend that could do a day trip out into the countryside, perhaps Terelj National Park or Bogd Khan National Park? Which park would you recommend? We'll have two full days in Ulaanbaatar. I believe we'll be there for the big Nadaam there as well. What is the best way to see this - perhaps a guide for a day?
Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India in March and April??
- 2 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 3 Bandhavgarh National Park - Garhwal Himalayan Expedition
- 4 Buy Affordable Property in Kanpur From Emerald Gulistan
- 5 a month in india
- 6 kanpur escorts service
- 7 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 8 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 9 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 10 India Safari 2017
- 11 Datong in Winter
- 12 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 13 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 14 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 15 haneda hotel
- 16 Rishikesh, India
- 17 Southeast Asia - 15 Nights Itinerary
- 18 3 days around Krabi - Best Beach to stay?
- 19 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 20 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 21 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 22 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 23 Japan- National Holiday
- 24 Planning a trek to Sikkim amid 16-21 of December 2016
- 25 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan