My husband and I have just booked a RTW ticket and will be spending 3 nights in Ulaanbaatar in July. I wish we'd have more time in Mongolia, but this is a frequent flyer ticket and we had to take what was available. We can always return for a lengthier trip if we want to!
I searched the forums here and couldn't find a lot of hotel information for Ulaanbaatar. If I missed something obvious, I apologize in advance! Somewhere online I read about the Bayangol hotel. Has anyone stayed here? Is there another hotel you recommend? We don't need luxury - just clean, conveniently located, private bathroom, hopefully staff that can speak some English if we have a few questions about getting around. We'd like to keep the rate under $150 a night - closer to $100 if possible. (This is a long trip and we're trying to economize a little!)
Also, is there a company you can recommend that could do a day trip out into the countryside, perhaps Terelj National Park or Bogd Khan National Park? Which park would you recommend? We'll have two full days in Ulaanbaatar. I believe we'll be there for the big Nadaam there as well. What is the best way to see this - perhaps a guide for a day?
Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 2 Hotel Chang Mai
- 3 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 4 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 5 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 6 Kindly requests/needs 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itinerary advice
- 7 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 8 Hotel in Hanoi
- 9 India help needed
- 10 Beach hotel Thailand
- 11 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 12 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 13 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 14 Sim cards and adaptors
- 15 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 16 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 17 Sri Lanka Visa
- 18 Hoi Ann hotel
- 19 Place to stay Hue
- 20 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 21 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 22 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 23 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 24 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 25 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?