My husband and I have just booked a RTW ticket and will be spending 3 nights in Ulaanbaatar in July. I wish we'd have more time in Mongolia, but this is a frequent flyer ticket and we had to take what was available. We can always return for a lengthier trip if we want to!
I searched the forums here and couldn't find a lot of hotel information for Ulaanbaatar. If I missed something obvious, I apologize in advance! Somewhere online I read about the Bayangol hotel. Has anyone stayed here? Is there another hotel you recommend? We don't need luxury - just clean, conveniently located, private bathroom, hopefully staff that can speak some English if we have a few questions about getting around. We'd like to keep the rate under $150 a night - closer to $100 if possible. (This is a long trip and we're trying to economize a little!)
Also, is there a company you can recommend that could do a day trip out into the countryside, perhaps Terelj National Park or Bogd Khan National Park? Which park would you recommend? We'll have two full days in Ulaanbaatar. I believe we'll be there for the big Nadaam there as well. What is the best way to see this - perhaps a guide for a day?
Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!
3 days in Ulaanbaatar - Hotel, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 2 vietnam and laos
- 3 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 4 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 5 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 6 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 7 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 8 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 9 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 10 JR West rail pass changes and new Nozomi pass
- 11 5 nights in Japan.
- 12 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 13 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 14 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 15 A week in Hong Kong with a 6 yr old-where to stay?
- 16 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 17 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 18 BKK Airport Meeting Spot
- 19 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 20 Visa
- 21 Affordable Japan
- 22 Japan tips: where to stay in Tokyo, where to snowboard and day trips
- 23 Castle & King
- 24 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 25 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April