My husband and I have just booked a RTW ticket and will be spending 3 nights in Ulaanbaatar in July. I wish we'd have more time in Mongolia, but this is a frequent flyer ticket and we had to take what was available. We can always return for a lengthier trip if we want to!
I searched the forums here and couldn't find a lot of hotel information for Ulaanbaatar. If I missed something obvious, I apologize in advance! Somewhere online I read about the Bayangol hotel. Has anyone stayed here? Is there another hotel you recommend? We don't need luxury - just clean, conveniently located, private bathroom, hopefully staff that can speak some English if we have a few questions about getting around. We'd like to keep the rate under $150 a night - closer to $100 if possible. (This is a long trip and we're trying to economize a little!)
Also, is there a company you can recommend that could do a day trip out into the countryside, perhaps Terelj National Park or Bogd Khan National Park? Which park would you recommend? We'll have two full days in Ulaanbaatar. I believe we'll be there for the big Nadaam there as well. What is the best way to see this - perhaps a guide for a day?
Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 2 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 3 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 4 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 5 Advice on hotels in Shinjuku
- 6 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 7 New Years in Japan
- 8 A Victory Day Tour
- 9 Traffic and Police in India
- 10 India visa for new passport
- 11 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 12 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 13 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 14 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 15 Serendipity Srilanka
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 New Thai Visa
- 18 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 19 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 20 Sri Lanka in December
- 21 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 22 january 31 in colombo
- 23 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 24 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 25 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki