My husband and I have just booked a RTW ticket and will be spending 3 nights in Ulaanbaatar in July. I wish we'd have more time in Mongolia, but this is a frequent flyer ticket and we had to take what was available. We can always return for a lengthier trip if we want to!
I searched the forums here and couldn't find a lot of hotel information for Ulaanbaatar. If I missed something obvious, I apologize in advance! Somewhere online I read about the Bayangol hotel. Has anyone stayed here? Is there another hotel you recommend? We don't need luxury - just clean, conveniently located, private bathroom, hopefully staff that can speak some English if we have a few questions about getting around. We'd like to keep the rate under $150 a night - closer to $100 if possible. (This is a long trip and we're trying to economize a little!)
Also, is there a company you can recommend that could do a day trip out into the countryside, perhaps Terelj National Park or Bogd Khan National Park? Which park would you recommend? We'll have two full days in Ulaanbaatar. I believe we'll be there for the big Nadaam there as well. What is the best way to see this - perhaps a guide for a day?
Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 For Bangkok Lovers
- 2 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 3 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 4 Halong Bay Trip Vietnam with kids
- 5 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 8 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 9 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 10 where is "Ba Hầm” in Hạ Long ?
- 11 India Trip Report
- 12 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 13 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 14 Uodated and Hopefully Final itinerary- Would love Feedback!!
- 15 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 16 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 17 Visiting China - must be tour
- 18 Drive from Kanazawa to Noto Peninsula
- 19 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 20 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 21 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 22 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 23 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 24 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)