I have had such great help on these forums planning previous trips so I am hoping to get all your input again.
My boyfriend and I are planning to be in Indonesia from April 27-May 24. We fly into Jakarta and out of Denpasar. I have done some research and planning, but we are both grad students and getting busy with the end of the year so I don't see myself having too much time to plan this trip. We are looking for a well rounded holiday with a good mix of sightseeing and beach relaxing. We aren't interested in partying and getting wild. We would like to stay in budget hotels (maybe 1 or 2 nicer ones for a few days), but not backpacker hostels.
Here are the places I have considered so far:
Jakarta (we are considering skipping this all together or spending 2 days in Jakarta as we fly in here, so my thoughts are might as well see the city. Others have mentioned that Jakarta isn't worth staying and we should catch a flight out directly after arriving. Thoughts?)
Yogyakarta - 4 days - is this enough to see Borobudur and Prambanan, and the rest of the sights?
Bali - 10 days (too much?) Seminyak, Nusa Lembongan, Ubud, Munduk
Lombok - 5 days - will hike mount rinjani. what area to stay here?
Gili T - 4 days
That puts us at 23 days, provided we spend that amount of time in each place and skip Jakarta. Does anyone have any ideas for the other 4 days? Alternatively we could shorten the time in bali/lombok and add another island somewhere in there. Would anyone have any suggestions on this?
Thanks for all your help always!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 2 Bali private driver recommendation
- 3 North India Itinerary advice
- 4 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 5 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 6 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 7 The Indian money crunch.
- 8 The truth about elephant tourism
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 11 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 14 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 15 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 16 Kerala trip
- 17 E Visa for India?
- 18 1-2 months South East Asia
- 19 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 20 Help - India.
- 21 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 22 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 23 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 24 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 25 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?