I have had such great help on these forums planning previous trips so I am hoping to get all your input again.
My boyfriend and I are planning to be in Indonesia from April 27-May 24. We fly into Jakarta and out of Denpasar. I have done some research and planning, but we are both grad students and getting busy with the end of the year so I don't see myself having too much time to plan this trip. We are looking for a well rounded holiday with a good mix of sightseeing and beach relaxing. We aren't interested in partying and getting wild. We would like to stay in budget hotels (maybe 1 or 2 nicer ones for a few days), but not backpacker hostels.
Here are the places I have considered so far:
Jakarta (we are considering skipping this all together or spending 2 days in Jakarta as we fly in here, so my thoughts are might as well see the city. Others have mentioned that Jakarta isn't worth staying and we should catch a flight out directly after arriving. Thoughts?)
Yogyakarta - 4 days - is this enough to see Borobudur and Prambanan, and the rest of the sights?
Bali - 10 days (too much?) Seminyak, Nusa Lembongan, Ubud, Munduk
Lombok - 5 days - will hike mount rinjani. what area to stay here?
Gili T - 4 days
That puts us at 23 days, provided we spend that amount of time in each place and skip Jakarta. Does anyone have any ideas for the other 4 days? Alternatively we could shorten the time in bali/lombok and add another island somewhere in there. Would anyone have any suggestions on this?
Thanks for all your help always!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sync : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:385 :4895 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Change my Itinerary?
- 3 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 4 Twin rooms in Japan
- 5 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 6 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 7 sri lanka- tips required
- 8 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 9 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 10 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 11 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 12 Impressions of India
- 13 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 14 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 15 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 16 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 17 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 18 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 19 Christmas in the Alps
- 20 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 21 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 22 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 23 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 24 Laos or Kerala?
- 25 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report