I have had such great help on these forums planning previous trips so I am hoping to get all your input again.
My boyfriend and I are planning to be in Indonesia from April 27-May 24. We fly into Jakarta and out of Denpasar. I have done some research and planning, but we are both grad students and getting busy with the end of the year so I don't see myself having too much time to plan this trip. We are looking for a well rounded holiday with a good mix of sightseeing and beach relaxing. We aren't interested in partying and getting wild. We would like to stay in budget hotels (maybe 1 or 2 nicer ones for a few days), but not backpacker hostels.
Here are the places I have considered so far:
Jakarta (we are considering skipping this all together or spending 2 days in Jakarta as we fly in here, so my thoughts are might as well see the city. Others have mentioned that Jakarta isn't worth staying and we should catch a flight out directly after arriving. Thoughts?)
Yogyakarta - 4 days - is this enough to see Borobudur and Prambanan, and the rest of the sights?
Bali - 10 days (too much?) Seminyak, Nusa Lembongan, Ubud, Munduk
Lombok - 5 days - will hike mount rinjani. what area to stay here?
Gili T - 4 days
That puts us at 23 days, provided we spend that amount of time in each place and skip Jakarta. Does anyone have any ideas for the other 4 days? Alternatively we could shorten the time in bali/lombok and add another island somewhere in there. Would anyone have any suggestions on this?
Thanks for all your help always!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://nutrasunnaturalgreencleanseblog.com/folicium/
- 2 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 3 What's on in Kyoto 4th -9th October 2017
- 4 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 5 where to stay in Busan
- 6 First time to India
- 7 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 8 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 9 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 12 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 13 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 14 Thai Jungle Experience
- 15 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 16 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 17 First time getting out of the country
- 18 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 19 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 20 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 21 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 22 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR