Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Inline Product Inspection
- 2 hiking japan sept
- 3 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 4 Best Of Nepal Tour
- 5 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 6 Japan rough itinerary
- 7 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 8 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 9 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 10 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 11 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 12 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 13 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 14 shanghai for 4 days
- 15 Budget Servied Apt
- 16 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 17 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 19 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 20 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 21 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 22 Something about... Malaysia
- 23 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 24 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 25 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
Hello fellow travelers,