Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
24 Days - Malaysia, Northern Vietnam, and Burma
Hello fellow travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal
- 2 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 3 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 6 Japan - spending money?
- 7 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 8 two free days in Beijing
- 9 China in 12 Days
- 10 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 11 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 12 1st Trip to Bali
- 13 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 14 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 15 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 16 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 17 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 18 water villages, shanghai
- 19 language problem in japan
- 20 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 21 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 22 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 23 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 24 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 25 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice