Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
24 Days - Malaysia, Northern Vietnam, and Burma
Hello fellow travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 2 Clothing needs
- 3 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 4 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 5 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 6 Adelphi Suites
- 7 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 8 Buying Insurance for Motorcycle Tours in Vietnam???
- 9 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 10 Snow Monkeys in Japan
- 11 Hakone - where to stay for two nights
- 12 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 13 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 14 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 15 Nancy Chandler maps
- 16 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 17 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 18 Help re. Visa.
- 19 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 20 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 21 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 22 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 23 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 24 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 25 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21