Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
24 Days - Malaysia, Northern Vietnam, and Burma
Hello fellow travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please comment on Thailand and Cambodia Itinerary
- 2 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 3 Mongolia tour or independently
- 4 At the top of Macau Tower!
- 5 Three days in Bangkok
- 6 Khao Lak
- 7 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 8 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 9 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 10 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 11 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 12 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 13 Photos from India!
- 14 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 15 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 16 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 17 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 18 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 19 Myanmar River Cruises
- 20 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 21 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 22 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 23 How to handle cash in Japan
- 24 Great Wall hike
- 25 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan