Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 2 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 3 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 4 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 5 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 6 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 7 Halong Bay cruise
- 8 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 9 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 10 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 11 Is this crazy?
- 12 In Seoul for one day
- 13 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 14 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 15 India help with where to go
- 16 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 17 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 18 Taxis in Yangon
- 19 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 20 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 21 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 22 Shanghai Tailor?
- 23 Best of Koh Tao
- 24 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part One
- 25 Singapore or Hong Kong
Hello fellow travelers,