Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 2 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 3 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 4 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 5 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 6 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 7 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 8 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 9 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 10 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 11 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 12 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 13 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 14 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 15 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 16 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 17 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 18 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 19 A great trip in India
- 20 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 21 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 22 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 23 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 24 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 25 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
Hello fellow travelers,