Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Stylish Maxi Dresses On Sale
- 2 2 weeks in Asia with a 2 year old (in February)
- 3 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 4 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 5 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 6 Hotel in Hanoi
- 7 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 8 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 9 vietnam transportation
- 10 Private transfer from Singapore Airport
- 11 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 12 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 13 Private guide and driver for India
- 14 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 15 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 16 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 17 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 18 Siem Reap: To hire a tour guide or is a driver enough?
- 19 Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka
- 20 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 21 India allowed e-Tourist Visa to 36 more countries
- 22 Thailand- Phuket beaches
- 23 OSAKA vs. KYOTO AS BASE
- 24 Random Travel Advice for Korea - Part II: Seoul
- 25 Beijing
Hello fellow travelers,