Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vaccinations
- 2 Capsule hotels
- 3 Borneo forest fires
- 4 Southern India here we come
- 5 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 6 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 7 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 8 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 9 Bridge players Beware!!
- 10 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 11 Chengdu and Beijing
- 12 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 13 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 14 2 months in Indonesia
- 15 a year in burma
- 16 First time to SEA
- 17 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 18 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 19 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 20 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 21 Seoul Searching Questions
- 22 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 23 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 24 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 25 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
Hello fellow travelers,