Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
24 Days - Malaysia, Northern Vietnam, and Burma
Hello fellow travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 2 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 3 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 4 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 5 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 6 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 7 Destination Bangkok, again
- 8 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 9 Travel during China national week?
- 10 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 11 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 12 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 13 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 14 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 15 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 16 Angkor - when to go?
- 17 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 18 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 19 India with 4 kids
- 20 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 21 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 22 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 23 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 24 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 25 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport