Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
24 Days - Malaysia, Northern Vietnam, and Burma
Hello fellow travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Two questions about Thailand
- 2 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 3 Guide cum Driver in Kolkata
- 4 Bali - January 2015
- 5 Reading Suggestion for Burma
- 6 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 7 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 8 Bali in begging of July
- 9 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 10 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 11 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 12 Which itinerary Vietnam ?
- 13 fun travel buddy wanted - se asia nov/dec
- 14 Travel to Thailand - Open to suggestions
- 15 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 16 Places to visit in India in October
- 17 50+ travelling solo in Vietnam - where to stay in Hanoi
- 18 Six hours in Seoul, Korea
- 19 china
- 20 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 21 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 22 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 23 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 24 Mid Dec trip - Trying to plan alone **Feedback please****
- 25 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself