Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 2 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 3 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 4 2 weeks in Java
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 6 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 7 Italy from an Asian base
- 8 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 9 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 10 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 11 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 12 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 13 My new 10 year china visa
- 14 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 15 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 16 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 17 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 18 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 19 Update on riding elephants
- 20 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 21 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 22 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 23 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 24 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 25 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
Hello fellow travelers,