Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
24 Days - Malaysia, Northern Vietnam, and Burma
Hello fellow travelers,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 2 Help re. Visa.
- 3 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 4 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 5 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 6 Visa
- 7 Gluten free in Japan?
- 8 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 9 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 10 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 11 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 12 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 13 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 14 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 15 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 16 Need a guide in Burma?
- 17 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 18 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 19 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 20 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 21 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 22 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 23 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 24 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 25 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights