Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trekking in Nepal
- 2 Trekking in Nepal for age 60+
- 3 Discover the Capital of Vietnam
- 4 What beach to choose?!?!
- 5 Private guides & drivers in China
- 6 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 7 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 8 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 9 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 10 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 11 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 12 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 13 Traffic in Hanoi
- 14 Business class on JAL
- 15 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 16 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 17 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?
- 18 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 19 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 20 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 21 4 hour Hong Kong layover
- 22 India group or private tour?
- 23 Myanmar Photo Trip. Lot's O' Photos!
- 24 GTG Boston-Cambridge (US) July 12
- 25 HA lounge at HND
Hello fellow travelers,