Hello fellow travelers,
Discounting the two days of international travel time required to get to Asia from California, I will have 24 days to spread between the three aforementioned countries. I was thinking of starting in Northern Vietnam and doing Halong Bay, Hue, and Hanoi (8 days altogether). Am I missing anything?? My friend and I have heard incredible things about Sapa and the trekking, so we definitely want to do some of that.
From N. Vietnam, I think the next most logical country to visit is Burma. I know very little about it (good job tyrannical regime!) but think that 8 days should be enough (count 17 days used for intra-country travel at this point). Hiking/homestays are on our agenda.
After Burma and the trekking in N. Vietnam, we thought a week on the beaches of Malaysia would be a nice way to end the trip. We think Malaysia over Southern Thailand because although I like to party, my travel partner does not, and we figure Malaysia doesn't have the reputation that Thailand does for this sort of extracurricular activity. That said, we DEFINITELY want to be able to meet other travelers, go dancing, drinking, and eating well. Should we stick with Malaysia or nix it and do Thailand? In the end we'll have between 7-8 days to spend lying on beaches and doing some leisurely exploring.
So please, if you have some insights into any of the following, I would love to hear from you:
1. Itinerary (reasonable and realistic) for N. Vietnam for two young women who love hiking and exploring new cultures; love nature, unique experiences
2. (Ditto to above for Burma)
3. Malaysia or Thailand for 7-8 days of beach/beauty/culture/fun/drinking/dancing/exploring/travelers
Overall feedback would be much appreciated as well.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Xi'an advice please
- 2 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 3 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 4 Visa for India
- 5 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 6 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 7 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 8 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 9 Vietnam-Halong Bay overnight Cruises
- 10 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 11 Mobile apps for Asian countries
- 12 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 13 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 14 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 15 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 16 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 17 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 18 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 19 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 20 Hotel for two night stop over in Singapore
- 21 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 22 Buying jewelry in India
- 23 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 24 Chiang Mai
- 25 Phuket Weather
Hello fellow travelers,