I have been doing some research about our potential itinerary and would really appreciate some feedback.
My boyfriend and I will be in Japan for the first time from 19 May to 9 June (22 days) and would like to get an all-round experience of Japan. We are both pretty active and enjoy a variety of things, culture, shopping, food, night life, museums, exercise/ walks, spas etc... We have chosen to spend quite a bit of time in Tokyo as my boyfriend really wants to get the vibe of the city and for the other time Kyoto and day trips/ overnight stays in other places that I have read and people rave about. We also trying to time our travel to stay in the bigger cities on the weekend. Regards our first go at the itinerary I have a couple of questions:
1. Would you recommend we drop/ replace any of the places on the list
2. Are the days/ nights enough in the places chosen
3. Is going to Nikko realistic
4. When and how long for would you recommend we buy the JR pass for / when to activate
5. Any other suggestions are more than welcome!
Our proposed itinerary:
1 19-May Sunday Tokyo (arrive early morning)
2 20-May Monday Day Trip: Asakusa
3 21-May Tuesday Day Trip: Kamakura (would be interesting to see a coastal/ fishing village)
4 22-May Wednesday Tokyo
5 23-May Thursday Tokyo
6 24-May Friday Tokyo to Hakone (for the hot springs, stay in a ryokan and some nature)
7 25-May Saturday Hakone to Kyoto
8 26-May Sunday Kyoto
9 27-May Monday Kyoto
10 28-May Tuesday Kyoto
11 29-May Wednesday Kyoto
12 30-May Thursday Kyoto to Nara
13 31-May Friday Nara to Osaka
14 1-Jun Saturday Osaka
15 2-Jun Sunday Day Trip: Himeji Castle
16 3-Jun Monday Osaka (maybe do a shopping trip to the designer outlet, although don't know how affordable it will be!)
17 4-Jun Tuesday Osaka to Takayama (for the crafts markets)
18 5-Jun Wednesday Takayama to Nikko (for the nature, waterfalls)
19 6-Jun Thursday Nikko to Tokyo
20 7-Jun Friday Tokyo
21 8-Jun Saturday Tokyo
22 9-Jun Sunday Tokyo
Thank you so much in advance
22 Day Japan itinerary and rail pass suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 2 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 3 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 4 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 5 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 6 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 7 china
- 8 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING THE PHILIPPINES
- 9 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 10 where to next after Nanjing 2014 youth olympic games
- 11 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 12 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 13 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 14 China - Personal recommendations
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 16 May 31st to June 13th, 2015 in Thailand, need help in itinerary
- 17 Exploring Taiwan off-the-beaten path and on a scooter
- 18 Vietnam and Angkor Wat, Cambodia: Need help organizing Itinerary
- 19 Burma river cruise
- 20 Driving in Laos
- 21 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 22 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 23 How would you organize this itinerary?
- 24 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 25 Translation Help: Marathi