I have been doing some research about our potential itinerary and would really appreciate some feedback.
My boyfriend and I will be in Japan for the first time from 19 May to 9 June (22 days) and would like to get an all-round experience of Japan. We are both pretty active and enjoy a variety of things, culture, shopping, food, night life, museums, exercise/ walks, spas etc... We have chosen to spend quite a bit of time in Tokyo as my boyfriend really wants to get the vibe of the city and for the other time Kyoto and day trips/ overnight stays in other places that I have read and people rave about. We also trying to time our travel to stay in the bigger cities on the weekend. Regards our first go at the itinerary I have a couple of questions:
1. Would you recommend we drop/ replace any of the places on the list
2. Are the days/ nights enough in the places chosen
3. Is going to Nikko realistic
4. When and how long for would you recommend we buy the JR pass for / when to activate
5. Any other suggestions are more than welcome!
Our proposed itinerary:
1 19-May Sunday Tokyo (arrive early morning)
2 20-May Monday Day Trip: Asakusa
3 21-May Tuesday Day Trip: Kamakura (would be interesting to see a coastal/ fishing village)
4 22-May Wednesday Tokyo
5 23-May Thursday Tokyo
6 24-May Friday Tokyo to Hakone (for the hot springs, stay in a ryokan and some nature)
7 25-May Saturday Hakone to Kyoto
8 26-May Sunday Kyoto
9 27-May Monday Kyoto
10 28-May Tuesday Kyoto
11 29-May Wednesday Kyoto
12 30-May Thursday Kyoto to Nara
13 31-May Friday Nara to Osaka
14 1-Jun Saturday Osaka
15 2-Jun Sunday Day Trip: Himeji Castle
16 3-Jun Monday Osaka (maybe do a shopping trip to the designer outlet, although don't know how affordable it will be!)
17 4-Jun Tuesday Osaka to Takayama (for the crafts markets)
18 5-Jun Wednesday Takayama to Nikko (for the nature, waterfalls)
19 6-Jun Thursday Nikko to Tokyo
20 7-Jun Friday Tokyo
21 8-Jun Saturday Tokyo
22 9-Jun Sunday Tokyo
Thank you so much in advance
22 Day Japan itinerary and rail pass suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Asia Tour Companies
- 2 Planning for Nov/Dec trip to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, LP, Hanoi via HK
- 3 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 4 thai air Discovery pass question
- 5 Planning trip to India, have a couple of questions
- 6 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 7 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 8 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 9 Kllok Travel for Hong Kong. Anybody use it?
- 10 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 11 Angkor Wat guide
- 12 Feedback on Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia Itinerary, Please!
- 13 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 14 CAMBODIA to VIETNAM
- 15 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 16 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 17 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 18 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 19 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 20 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 21 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 22 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 23 10 days in South Korea?
- 24 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 25 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand