I have been doing some research about our potential itinerary and would really appreciate some feedback.
My boyfriend and I will be in Japan for the first time from 19 May to 9 June (22 days) and would like to get an all-round experience of Japan. We are both pretty active and enjoy a variety of things, culture, shopping, food, night life, museums, exercise/ walks, spas etc... We have chosen to spend quite a bit of time in Tokyo as my boyfriend really wants to get the vibe of the city and for the other time Kyoto and day trips/ overnight stays in other places that I have read and people rave about. We also trying to time our travel to stay in the bigger cities on the weekend. Regards our first go at the itinerary I have a couple of questions:
1. Would you recommend we drop/ replace any of the places on the list
2. Are the days/ nights enough in the places chosen
3. Is going to Nikko realistic
4. When and how long for would you recommend we buy the JR pass for / when to activate
5. Any other suggestions are more than welcome!
Our proposed itinerary:
1 19-May Sunday Tokyo (arrive early morning)
2 20-May Monday Day Trip: Asakusa
3 21-May Tuesday Day Trip: Kamakura (would be interesting to see a coastal/ fishing village)
4 22-May Wednesday Tokyo
5 23-May Thursday Tokyo
6 24-May Friday Tokyo to Hakone (for the hot springs, stay in a ryokan and some nature)
7 25-May Saturday Hakone to Kyoto
8 26-May Sunday Kyoto
9 27-May Monday Kyoto
10 28-May Tuesday Kyoto
11 29-May Wednesday Kyoto
12 30-May Thursday Kyoto to Nara
13 31-May Friday Nara to Osaka
14 1-Jun Saturday Osaka
15 2-Jun Sunday Day Trip: Himeji Castle
16 3-Jun Monday Osaka (maybe do a shopping trip to the designer outlet, although don't know how affordable it will be!)
17 4-Jun Tuesday Osaka to Takayama (for the crafts markets)
18 5-Jun Wednesday Takayama to Nikko (for the nature, waterfalls)
19 6-Jun Thursday Nikko to Tokyo
20 7-Jun Friday Tokyo
21 8-Jun Saturday Tokyo
22 9-Jun Sunday Tokyo
Thank you so much in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 2 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 3 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 4 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 5 First trip to Japan
- 6 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 7 Northern India in June
- 8 Hakone Free Pass
- 9 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 10 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 11 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 12 OAT trip to India
- 13 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 14 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 15 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 16 Castle & King tour operator review
- 17 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 18 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 19 What beach to choose?!?!
- 20 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 21 Singapore or Bali
- 22 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 23 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 24 RHK'S Spring trip
- 25 Hotels in Beijing