My husband and I are heading to Japan in less than two months and are starting to put together our itinerary. This has been a dream location for us since we met 7 years ago and we're finally going for our honeymoon!
We're looking for a mix of the fast paced, culturally immersive fast paced city life BUT also the old Japan - where we can immerse ourselves into some of the traditions of Japanese culture and bask in the beauty of the architecture from the Edo period. And at some point relax...onsen. Here is a rough idea. Would love your ideas.
Day 1 - Arrive in Tokyo
Day 2 - Tokyo
Day 3 - Tokyo
Day 4 - Tokyo
Day 5 - Tokyo
Day 6 - Kiso Valley (narai perhaps)
Day 7 - Kyoto
Day 8- Kyoto
Day 9 - Osaka
Day 10 - Osaka
Day 11 - Hiroshima
Day 12 -Hiroshima
Day 13 - Fukuoka
Day 14 - Fukuoka
Day 15 - Beppu/Yefuin
Day 16 -Beppu/Yefuini
Day 17 - Ishigaki
Day 18 - Ishigaki
Day 19 - Ishigaki
Day 20 - unknown
Day 21 - unknown - Depart Tokyo at night.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report : China
- 2 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 3 Japan itinerary advice
- 4 Japan GTG, early April
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 7 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 8 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 9 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 10 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 11 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 12 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 13 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 14 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 15 Beijing tours
- 16 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 17 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 18 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 19 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 22 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 23 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 24 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 25 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama