I'm a college student who will be studying abroad this summer in Seoul, South Korea for 7 weeks (Mid-June - Mid August). After finishing in SK, I have 2-full weeks before I have to return to the States, leaving me some time to explore Asia. I know this is a short period but where would you guys recommend me to travel (solo/21/male) during this time? I've narrowed the countries down to China, Taiwan, and Japan and would like to make the most of out my two weeks. I want to visit Japan for sure and China/Taiwan are my second choices (I don't have to visit both, one is fine) This is my first time abroad (and probably my last for a long time) and I would like to gain an unforgettable experience from it. What is the most economical way to travel to make the most out of my money (Korea>Japan>China>USA or Korea>China>Japan>USA)? What cities do you recommend and how long should I stay in each? I don't speak any Japanese or Chinese so tourist friendly places are a must. Also, how much money should I budget for Japan/China/Taiwan including airfare?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 2 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 3 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 4 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 5 5 weeks in Japan
- 6 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 7 Cheap Tickets from USA to HK
- 8 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 9 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 10 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 11 Phu Quoc
- 12 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 13 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 14 China and Japan help
- 15 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 16 Singapore hotel
- 17 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 19 Solo female first-timer: Thailand
- 20 Shanghai Pollution in January 2016
- 21 Japan winter! 2-month itinerary
- 22 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 23 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 24 hanoi eats
- 25 Around Kuala Lumpur