I'm a college student who will be studying abroad this summer in Seoul, South Korea for 7 weeks (Mid-June - Mid August). After finishing in SK, I have 2-full weeks before I have to return to the States, leaving me some time to explore Asia. I know this is a short period but where would you guys recommend me to travel (solo/21/male) during this time? I've narrowed the countries down to China, Taiwan, and Japan and would like to make the most of out my two weeks. I want to visit Japan for sure and China/Taiwan are my second choices (I don't have to visit both, one is fine) This is my first time abroad (and probably my last for a long time) and I would like to gain an unforgettable experience from it. What is the most economical way to travel to make the most out of my money (Korea>Japan>China>USA or Korea>China>Japan>USA)? What cities do you recommend and how long should I stay in each? I don't speak any Japanese or Chinese so tourist friendly places are a must. Also, how much money should I budget for Japan/China/Taiwan including airfare?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok in April?!?
- 2 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 3 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 4 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 5 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 6 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 7 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 8 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 9 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 10 My visit to Vietnam
- 11 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 12 New Member
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 14 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 15 Japn tour 10 nights
- 16 5 weeks in Japan
- 17 My visit to Thailand
- 18 My visit to Cambodia
- 19 Family Trip to Japan
- 20 Tour guides for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, and Nara
- 21 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 22 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 23 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 24 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 25 Nepal