I'm a college student who will be studying abroad this summer in Seoul, South Korea for 7 weeks (Mid-June - Mid August). After finishing in SK, I have 2-full weeks before I have to return to the States, leaving me some time to explore Asia. I know this is a short period but where would you guys recommend me to travel (solo/21/male) during this time? I've narrowed the countries down to China, Taiwan, and Japan and would like to make the most of out my two weeks. I want to visit Japan for sure and China/Taiwan are my second choices (I don't have to visit both, one is fine) This is my first time abroad (and probably my last for a long time) and I would like to gain an unforgettable experience from it. What is the most economical way to travel to make the most out of my money (Korea>Japan>China>USA or Korea>China>Japan>USA)? What cities do you recommend and how long should I stay in each? I don't speak any Japanese or Chinese so tourist friendly places are a must. Also, how much money should I budget for Japan/China/Taiwan including airfare?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 2 Seoul Searching Questions
- 3 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 4 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 5 Japanese art
- 6 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 7 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 8 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 9 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 10 Backstreet Academy
- 11 Hakone station confusion
- 12 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 13 Visa on Arrival
- 14 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 15 Cebu where to stay
- 16 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 17 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 18 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 19 Traveling to SE Asia
- 20 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 21 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 22 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 23 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 24 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 25 Scenery around Luang Prabang