I'm a college student who will be studying abroad this summer in Seoul, South Korea for 7 weeks (Mid-June - Mid August). After finishing in SK, I have 2-full weeks before I have to return to the States, leaving me some time to explore Asia. I know this is a short period but where would you guys recommend me to travel (solo/21/male) during this time? I've narrowed the countries down to China, Taiwan, and Japan and would like to make the most of out my two weeks. I want to visit Japan for sure and China/Taiwan are my second choices (I don't have to visit both, one is fine) This is my first time abroad (and probably my last for a long time) and I would like to gain an unforgettable experience from it. What is the most economical way to travel to make the most out of my money (Korea>Japan>China>USA or Korea>China>Japan>USA)? What cities do you recommend and how long should I stay in each? I don't speak any Japanese or Chinese so tourist friendly places are a must. Also, how much money should I budget for Japan/China/Taiwan including airfare?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Northern India in June
- 2 Travel Suggestions for the Stans and companions requested
- 3 travel to Kuala Lumpur July 4-12
- 4 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 5 Davao Travel and sights, to do's
- 6 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 7 JR Summer Seasonal Trains
- 8 Kathmandu and EBC trek in earthquake aftermath
- 9 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 10 What are the places to visit in Sikkim
- 11 China itinerary
- 12 Castle & King tour operator review
- 13 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 14 June 4-10 accommodations near Minzu University (Beijing)?
- 15 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 16 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 17 First trip to Japan
- 18 Immigration/customs Turkey to Pakistan
- 19 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 20 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 21 Best eats near Minzu University in Beijing? (June-August 2015 trip)
- 22 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 23 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 24 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 25 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson