Planning a two-week honeymoon in August 2013 and hoping to see Phi Phi Don, Chiang Mai and Bangkok. My fiancee (then-wife) and I want to spend at least half our time in the south doing the beach scene, but are also really excited to see the temples and sights in CM and Bangkok and eat ALL THE FOOD. Hoping to get some opinions from those of you that have been to these places as to whether we've budgeted reasonable amounts of time given what we want from the trip:
1) Atlanta --> Bangkok (arriving 08/12/13 at 11pm, 1 night stay at an airport hotel)
2) Bangkok --> Phuket (arriving 08/13/13 at 9:30am, 1pm ferry to Phi Phi Don, 6-night stay at Phi Phi Island Village (08/13 - 08/18))
3) Phuket --> Chiang Mai (arriving 08/19/13 at 9:45pm, 3-night stay at Shangri-La Hotel (08/19 - 08/21))
4) Chiang Mai --> Bangkok (arriving 08/22/13 at 8:20pm, 3-night stay at Royal Orchid Sheraton (08/22 - 08/24))
5) Bangkok --> Atlanta (08/25/13)
Want to do/see in Phi Phi:
Ko Phi Phi Leh
Want to do/see in Bangkok:
Jim Thompson house
Eat great food
Want to do/see in Chiang Mai:
An elephant and/or tiger park
Eat more great food
One major question: I know that August is the rainy season in Thailand. Will our Phi Phi trip be a dud because of it?
Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam visa debate
- 2 Please help us with planning a Silk Road tour in China 2017
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 4 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 5 Vietnam visa
- 6 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 7 Silk Road Tour - China
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 India Tour Companies
- 14 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Japan rough itinerary
- 17 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 18 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 21 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 24 Japan - costs
- 25 Japan for Foodies