Planning a two-week honeymoon in August 2013 and hoping to see Phi Phi Don, Chiang Mai and Bangkok. My fiancee (then-wife) and I want to spend at least half our time in the south doing the beach scene, but are also really excited to see the temples and sights in CM and Bangkok and eat ALL THE FOOD. Hoping to get some opinions from those of you that have been to these places as to whether we've budgeted reasonable amounts of time given what we want from the trip:
1) Atlanta --> Bangkok (arriving 08/12/13 at 11pm, 1 night stay at an airport hotel)
2) Bangkok --> Phuket (arriving 08/13/13 at 9:30am, 1pm ferry to Phi Phi Don, 6-night stay at Phi Phi Island Village (08/13 - 08/18))
3) Phuket --> Chiang Mai (arriving 08/19/13 at 9:45pm, 3-night stay at Shangri-La Hotel (08/19 - 08/21))
4) Chiang Mai --> Bangkok (arriving 08/22/13 at 8:20pm, 3-night stay at Royal Orchid Sheraton (08/22 - 08/24))
5) Bangkok --> Atlanta (08/25/13)
Want to do/see in Phi Phi:
Ko Phi Phi Leh
Want to do/see in Bangkok:
Jim Thompson house
Eat great food
Want to do/see in Chiang Mai:
An elephant and/or tiger park
Eat more great food
One major question: I know that August is the rainy season in Thailand. Will our Phi Phi trip be a dud because of it?
Thanks for any and all suggestions!
2-week Thailand itinerary -- is it reasonable?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 2 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 3 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 4 Nepal
- 5 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 6 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 7 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 8 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 9 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 10 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 11 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 12 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 13 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 14 1st time Japan - solo female
- 15 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 16 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 17 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 18 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 19 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 20 Odyssey unlimited
- 21 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 22 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 23 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 24 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 25 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!