Planning a two-week honeymoon in August 2013 and hoping to see Phi Phi Don, Chiang Mai and Bangkok. My fiancee (then-wife) and I want to spend at least half our time in the south doing the beach scene, but are also really excited to see the temples and sights in CM and Bangkok and eat ALL THE FOOD. Hoping to get some opinions from those of you that have been to these places as to whether we've budgeted reasonable amounts of time given what we want from the trip:
1) Atlanta --> Bangkok (arriving 08/12/13 at 11pm, 1 night stay at an airport hotel)
2) Bangkok --> Phuket (arriving 08/13/13 at 9:30am, 1pm ferry to Phi Phi Don, 6-night stay at Phi Phi Island Village (08/13 - 08/18))
3) Phuket --> Chiang Mai (arriving 08/19/13 at 9:45pm, 3-night stay at Shangri-La Hotel (08/19 - 08/21))
4) Chiang Mai --> Bangkok (arriving 08/22/13 at 8:20pm, 3-night stay at Royal Orchid Sheraton (08/22 - 08/24))
5) Bangkok --> Atlanta (08/25/13)
Want to do/see in Phi Phi:
Ko Phi Phi Leh
Want to do/see in Bangkok:
Jim Thompson house
Eat great food
Want to do/see in Chiang Mai:
An elephant and/or tiger park
Eat more great food
One major question: I know that August is the rainy season in Thailand. Will our Phi Phi trip be a dud because of it?
Thanks for any and all suggestions!
2-week Thailand itinerary -- is it reasonable?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 2 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 3 best dining in Kyoto
- 4 Trip report from Phu Quoc in Vietnam
- 5 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 6 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 7 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 8 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 9 Colombo
- 10 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 11 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 12 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 13 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 14 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 15 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 16 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 17 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 18 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 19 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 20 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 21 Nepal- recipe?
- 22 China trip - 15 nights
- 23 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 24 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 25 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM