Planning a two-week honeymoon in August 2013 and hoping to see Phi Phi Don, Chiang Mai and Bangkok. My fiancee (then-wife) and I want to spend at least half our time in the south doing the beach scene, but are also really excited to see the temples and sights in CM and Bangkok and eat ALL THE FOOD. Hoping to get some opinions from those of you that have been to these places as to whether we've budgeted reasonable amounts of time given what we want from the trip:
1) Atlanta --> Bangkok (arriving 08/12/13 at 11pm, 1 night stay at an airport hotel)
2) Bangkok --> Phuket (arriving 08/13/13 at 9:30am, 1pm ferry to Phi Phi Don, 6-night stay at Phi Phi Island Village (08/13 - 08/18))
3) Phuket --> Chiang Mai (arriving 08/19/13 at 9:45pm, 3-night stay at Shangri-La Hotel (08/19 - 08/21))
4) Chiang Mai --> Bangkok (arriving 08/22/13 at 8:20pm, 3-night stay at Royal Orchid Sheraton (08/22 - 08/24))
5) Bangkok --> Atlanta (08/25/13)
Want to do/see in Phi Phi:
Ko Phi Phi Leh
Want to do/see in Bangkok:
Jim Thompson house
Eat great food
Want to do/see in Chiang Mai:
An elephant and/or tiger park
Eat more great food
One major question: I know that August is the rainy season in Thailand. Will our Phi Phi trip be a dud because of it?
Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 생방송카지노ソ≫≫one004.com≪≪바카라사이트
- 2 카지노사이트주소ぎ≫≫one004.com≪≪바카라사이트
- 3 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 4 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 5 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 6 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 7 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 8 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 9 Please help us find our MISSING friend
- 10 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 11 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 12 Visa for India
- 13 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 14 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 15 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 16 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 17 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 18 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 19 Hotel for two night stop over in Singapore
- 20 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 21 Buying jewelry in India
- 22 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 23 Chiang Mai
- 24 Phuket Weather
- 25 hanoi eats