Planning a two-week honeymoon in August 2013 and hoping to see Phi Phi Don, Chiang Mai and Bangkok. My fiancee (then-wife) and I want to spend at least half our time in the south doing the beach scene, but are also really excited to see the temples and sights in CM and Bangkok and eat ALL THE FOOD. Hoping to get some opinions from those of you that have been to these places as to whether we've budgeted reasonable amounts of time given what we want from the trip:
1) Atlanta --> Bangkok (arriving 08/12/13 at 11pm, 1 night stay at an airport hotel)
2) Bangkok --> Phuket (arriving 08/13/13 at 9:30am, 1pm ferry to Phi Phi Don, 6-night stay at Phi Phi Island Village (08/13 - 08/18))
3) Phuket --> Chiang Mai (arriving 08/19/13 at 9:45pm, 3-night stay at Shangri-La Hotel (08/19 - 08/21))
4) Chiang Mai --> Bangkok (arriving 08/22/13 at 8:20pm, 3-night stay at Royal Orchid Sheraton (08/22 - 08/24))
5) Bangkok --> Atlanta (08/25/13)
Want to do/see in Phi Phi:
Ko Phi Phi Leh
Want to do/see in Bangkok:
Jim Thompson house
Eat great food
Want to do/see in Chiang Mai:
An elephant and/or tiger park
Eat more great food
One major question: I know that August is the rainy season in Thailand. Will our Phi Phi trip be a dud because of it?
Thanks for any and all suggestions!
2-week Thailand itinerary -- is it reasonable?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 2 Problems at 12,000'
- 3 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 4 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 7 Which Putu in Bali????
- 8 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 9 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 10 Japan, japan
- 11 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 12 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 13 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 14 Hong Kong restaurants
- 15 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 16 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 17 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 18 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 19 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 20 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 21 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 22 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 23 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 24 How safe is Delhi/India
- 25 Malaria