Planning a two-week honeymoon in August 2013 and hoping to see Phi Phi Don, Chiang Mai and Bangkok. My fiancee (then-wife) and I want to spend at least half our time in the south doing the beach scene, but are also really excited to see the temples and sights in CM and Bangkok and eat ALL THE FOOD. Hoping to get some opinions from those of you that have been to these places as to whether we've budgeted reasonable amounts of time given what we want from the trip:
1) Atlanta --> Bangkok (arriving 08/12/13 at 11pm, 1 night stay at an airport hotel)
2) Bangkok --> Phuket (arriving 08/13/13 at 9:30am, 1pm ferry to Phi Phi Don, 6-night stay at Phi Phi Island Village (08/13 - 08/18))
3) Phuket --> Chiang Mai (arriving 08/19/13 at 9:45pm, 3-night stay at Shangri-La Hotel (08/19 - 08/21))
4) Chiang Mai --> Bangkok (arriving 08/22/13 at 8:20pm, 3-night stay at Royal Orchid Sheraton (08/22 - 08/24))
5) Bangkok --> Atlanta (08/25/13)
Want to do/see in Phi Phi:
Ko Phi Phi Leh
Want to do/see in Bangkok:
Jim Thompson house
Eat great food
Want to do/see in Chiang Mai:
An elephant and/or tiger park
Eat more great food
One major question: I know that August is the rainy season in Thailand. Will our Phi Phi trip be a dud because of it?
Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Amakusa island help
- 2 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 3 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 4 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 5 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 6 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 7 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 8 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 9 Passport
- 10 Japan Itinerary
- 11 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 12 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 13 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 14 Toddler twin travel in India
- 15 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 16 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 17 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 18 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 19 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 20 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 21 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 22 Japan Trip Delayed
- 23 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 24 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 25 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata