Planning a two-week honeymoon in August 2013 and hoping to see Phi Phi Don, Chiang Mai and Bangkok. My fiancee (then-wife) and I want to spend at least half our time in the south doing the beach scene, but are also really excited to see the temples and sights in CM and Bangkok and eat ALL THE FOOD. Hoping to get some opinions from those of you that have been to these places as to whether we've budgeted reasonable amounts of time given what we want from the trip:
1) Atlanta --> Bangkok (arriving 08/12/13 at 11pm, 1 night stay at an airport hotel)
2) Bangkok --> Phuket (arriving 08/13/13 at 9:30am, 1pm ferry to Phi Phi Don, 6-night stay at Phi Phi Island Village (08/13 - 08/18))
3) Phuket --> Chiang Mai (arriving 08/19/13 at 9:45pm, 3-night stay at Shangri-La Hotel (08/19 - 08/21))
4) Chiang Mai --> Bangkok (arriving 08/22/13 at 8:20pm, 3-night stay at Royal Orchid Sheraton (08/22 - 08/24))
5) Bangkok --> Atlanta (08/25/13)
Want to do/see in Phi Phi:
Ko Phi Phi Leh
Want to do/see in Bangkok:
Jim Thompson house
Eat great food
Want to do/see in Chiang Mai:
An elephant and/or tiger park
Eat more great food
One major question: I know that August is the rainy season in Thailand. Will our Phi Phi trip be a dud because of it?
Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 2 Hakone Free Pass
- 3 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 4 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 5 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 6 Castle & King tour operator review
- 7 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 8 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 9 First trip to Japan
- 10 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 11 What beach to choose?!?!
- 12 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 13 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 14 Singapore or Bali
- 15 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 16 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 17 RHK'S Spring trip
- 18 Hotels in Beijing
- 19 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 20 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 21 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 22 Hanoi, Vietnam - The last days in April, 2015
- 23 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 24 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 25 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help