My husband and I are considering two weeks in Bangkok - Siem Reap- and maybe a beach in the last weeks of October. We have never traveled in Asia before, and are concerned about heat and jet lag.
1. Do you have suggestions about how to divide up our days among the three destinations?
2. We are hoping to spend about $100- $150 USD/ night for accommodations. Clean and well located are our first priority in hotels. I am interested in museums/ temples and my husband would like nice pools and beach. We were considering Royal Orchid Sheraton or Chatrium Hotel Riverside in Bangkok, perhaps Le Meridien Angkor, not sure about which beach. The JW Marriott in Phuket looks pretty.
3. Do you recommend flying or ground transportation between the three?
I'd love your feedback, Fodorites! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 2 Passport
- 3 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 4 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 5 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 6 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 7 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 8 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 9 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 10 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 11 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 12 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 13 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 14 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 15 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 16 Amakusa island help
- 17 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 18 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 19 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 20 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 21 Japan Itinerary
- 22 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 23 Toddler twin travel in India
- 24 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 25 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong