My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Japan for two weeks from May 12 – May 26 with a 7-day JR pass. We want to a get a rough idea of which cities we want to visit during our stay so here is our itinerary thus far:
1 - Tokyo
2 - Tokyo
3 - Tokyo
4 - Nikko
5 - Kyoto
6 - Kyoto
7 - Kyoto
8 - Osaka (side trip to Nara)
9 - Osaka
10 - Takayama
11 - Tokyo
12 - Tokyo
13 - Tokyo
14 - Tokyo
Here are some questions we have:
1) Is this an efficient route? Any interesting cities to visit that we may have missed?
2) Is it better to stay a night over in Nikko and/or Takayama? Or are they better as day trips?
3) We want to stay at a ryokan for one night but we're not sure which city would be the best option (out of the five).
Thanks, it would be great to get some expert opinions and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best of the North 6 days
- 2 US : HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 3 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 4 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 5 sri lanka- tips required
- 6 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 7 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 8 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 9 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 10 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 11 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 12 Christmas in the Alps
- 13 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 14 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 15 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 16 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 17 Laos or Kerala?
- 18 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 19 Bali & Singapore in October
- 20 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 21 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 22 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 23 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 24 Booking on the fly
- 25 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
2-Week Itinerary: Suggestions on Route, Ryokan & Day Trips