My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Japan for two weeks from May 12 – May 26 with a 7-day JR pass. We want to a get a rough idea of which cities we want to visit during our stay so here is our itinerary thus far:
1 - Tokyo
2 - Tokyo
3 - Tokyo
4 - Nikko
5 - Kyoto
6 - Kyoto
7 - Kyoto
8 - Osaka (side trip to Nara)
9 - Osaka
10 - Takayama
11 - Tokyo
12 - Tokyo
13 - Tokyo
14 - Tokyo
Here are some questions we have:
1) Is this an efficient route? Any interesting cities to visit that we may have missed?
2) Is it better to stay a night over in Nikko and/or Takayama? Or are they better as day trips?
3) We want to stay at a ryokan for one night but we're not sure which city would be the best option (out of the five).
Thanks, it would be great to get some expert opinions and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Titans vs Colts
- 2 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 3 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 4 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 5 Cursine
- 6 Ben Thanh Market
- 7 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 8 Hotel in Hanoi
- 9 Trekking outside Sapa
- 10 Hoi Ann hotel
- 11 Place to stay Hue
- 12 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 13 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 14 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 15 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 16 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 17 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 18 Go to Pai or not?
- 19 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 20 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 21 Thai Island Itinerary
- 22 Thailand
- 23 Aomori to Hirosaki
- 24 Asian Pillows
- 25 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
2-Week Itinerary: Suggestions on Route, Ryokan & Day Trips