I'm a young female professional travelling through China on my own this June 1-15th.
I will be coming either from Chang Mai (Thailand) or Hanoi (Veitnam).
I want to do a combination of adventure travel with hiking to access the beautiful scenary of China (mainly in the south from what I understand) and do the big ticket stuff ie. Beijing/Great Wall, Xi'an/Terracotta warriors.
- From the looks of it, Shanghai and Hong Kong just seems like a big city - I'm more interested in culture, old architecture and outdoor activities ie. hiking, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
- Anyone have any suggestions of a good route that optimizes my time but hits all of the above?
- Any thoughts on the utility of the following and which combination would make a good route?:
- Zhangjiajie (Avator inspiration)
- Chengdu - specifically Jiuzhaigou (5 color pools/waterfalls)
- Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Yangshuo and Guilin area
- Er Wang Dong
- Is it safe and easy to travel through these parts as a single female speaking no Mandarin/Cantonese. Any tips on how to get around ie. reading signs, making trains, communicating with minimal language skills?
I am NOT trying to do ALL of these - rather wondering which are most worthwhile and make a good, practical route.
Any and all help is very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.usaonlineshop.org/gain-xt/
- 2 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 3 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 4 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 5 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 6 Tokyo daytrip
- 7 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 8 Bali - What to do?
- 9 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 10 Impressions of India
- 11 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 12 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 13 Taiwan confusion..
- 14 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 15 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 16 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 17 Laos- two weeks in January
- 18 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 19 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 20 Visa for India
- 21 Snapshots From Kerala
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 Other than Kyoto?
- 24 Japan itinerary advice
- 25 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?