I'm a young female professional travelling through China on my own this June 1-15th.
I will be coming either from Chang Mai (Thailand) or Hanoi (Veitnam).
I want to do a combination of adventure travel with hiking to access the beautiful scenary of China (mainly in the south from what I understand) and do the big ticket stuff ie. Beijing/Great Wall, Xi'an/Terracotta warriors.
- From the looks of it, Shanghai and Hong Kong just seems like a big city - I'm more interested in culture, old architecture and outdoor activities ie. hiking, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
- Anyone have any suggestions of a good route that optimizes my time but hits all of the above?
- Any thoughts on the utility of the following and which combination would make a good route?:
- Zhangjiajie (Avator inspiration)
- Chengdu - specifically Jiuzhaigou (5 color pools/waterfalls)
- Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Yangshuo and Guilin area
- Er Wang Dong
- Is it safe and easy to travel through these parts as a single female speaking no Mandarin/Cantonese. Any tips on how to get around ie. reading signs, making trains, communicating with minimal language skills?
I am NOT trying to do ALL of these - rather wondering which are most worthwhile and make a good, practical route.
Any and all help is very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Details of the mechanical properties of small rollers
- 2 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 3 Passport
- 4 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 5 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 6 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 7 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 8 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 9 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 10 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 11 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 12 Amakusa island help
- 13 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 14 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 15 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 16 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 17 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 18 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 19 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 20 Japan Itinerary
- 21 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 22 Toddler twin travel in India
- 23 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 24 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 25 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India