I'm a young female professional travelling through China on my own this June 1-15th.
I will be coming either from Chang Mai (Thailand) or Hanoi (Veitnam).
I want to do a combination of adventure travel with hiking to access the beautiful scenary of China (mainly in the south from what I understand) and do the big ticket stuff ie. Beijing/Great Wall, Xi'an/Terracotta warriors.
- From the looks of it, Shanghai and Hong Kong just seems like a big city - I'm more interested in culture, old architecture and outdoor activities ie. hiking, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
- Anyone have any suggestions of a good route that optimizes my time but hits all of the above?
- Any thoughts on the utility of the following and which combination would make a good route?:
- Zhangjiajie (Avator inspiration)
- Chengdu - specifically Jiuzhaigou (5 color pools/waterfalls)
- Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Yangshuo and Guilin area
- Er Wang Dong
- Is it safe and easy to travel through these parts as a single female speaking no Mandarin/Cantonese. Any tips on how to get around ie. reading signs, making trains, communicating with minimal language skills?
I am NOT trying to do ALL of these - rather wondering which are most worthwhile and make a good, practical route.
Any and all help is very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/bella-serata-cream/
- 2 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 4 Japan rough itinerary
- 5 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 6 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 7 Budget Servied Apt
- 8 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 9 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 10 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 11 Something about... Malaysia
- 12 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 13 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 14 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 15 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 16 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 17 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 18 Japan Itinerary!
- 19 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 20 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 21 Chiang Mai, Thailand and Myanmar
- 22 First Trip to Japan in August
- 23 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 24 Cherry Blossom Trip April 2018
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR