I'm a young female professional travelling through China on my own this June 1-15th.
I will be coming either from Chang Mai (Thailand) or Hanoi (Veitnam).
I want to do a combination of adventure travel with hiking to access the beautiful scenary of China (mainly in the south from what I understand) and do the big ticket stuff ie. Beijing/Great Wall, Xi'an/Terracotta warriors.
- From the looks of it, Shanghai and Hong Kong just seems like a big city - I'm more interested in culture, old architecture and outdoor activities ie. hiking, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
- Anyone have any suggestions of a good route that optimizes my time but hits all of the above?
- Any thoughts on the utility of the following and which combination would make a good route?:
- Zhangjiajie (Avator inspiration)
- Chengdu - specifically Jiuzhaigou (5 color pools/waterfalls)
- Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Yangshuo and Guilin area
- Er Wang Dong
- Is it safe and easy to travel through these parts as a single female speaking no Mandarin/Cantonese. Any tips on how to get around ie. reading signs, making trains, communicating with minimal language skills?
I am NOT trying to do ALL of these - rather wondering which are most worthwhile and make a good, practical route.
Any and all help is very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 2 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 3 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 4 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 5 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 6 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 7 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 8 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 9 3 weeks in Japan
- 10 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 11 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 12 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 13 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 14 India Tour Companies
- 15 Vietnam Dong
- 16 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 17 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 18 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 19 New Years in Japan
- 20 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 21 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 22 Touristy Thailand
- 23 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 24 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 25 Vietnam with kids/teens